Official Ulster Rugby Thread

Started by ONeill, October 10, 2009, 10:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myles Na G.

Quote from: stiffler on January 15, 2010, 10:51:31 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on January 15, 2010, 09:50:31 PM

And speaking of horrible, Mark Robson is the worst sports commentator on TV at the moment - annoying as f**k doesn't even begin to describe him!

Is he a relation of Jackie Full of himsel?

Seemed to be a good few 9 county ulster flags waving at ravenhill tonight, perhaps this is an attempt to be more inclusive?
On any night at Ravenhill, the 9 county ulster flags outnumber the 6 county type. You'll also see Japanese flags, the St Patrick's Cross, something which I think might be a Croatian flag - but most of all, you'll see Ulster rugby flags, which are handed out free on Heineken cup nights. Depending on who's playing, you might find yourself standing beside a Welshman, a Scotsman, an Englishman, or a Frenchman in a beret and a daft looking pink rugby shirt. You might find yourself standing beside a group of Dubs waving their flags and beating their bodhrans, or beside a crowd of people from Cork shouting for Munster. The Ulster support is made up of a lot of Ulster prods and a smaller number of Ulster Catholics, but who's counting? Rugby is the most inclusive sport on this island. A night at Ravenhill is a good night out, whatever your background. You should give it a go.

stiffler

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 15, 2010, 11:24:59 PM

And speaking of horrible, Mark Robson is the worst sports commentator on TV at the moment - annoying as f**k doesn't even begin to describe him!

Seemed to be a good few 9 county ulster flags waving at ravenhill tonight, perhaps this is an attempt to be more inclusive?
On any night at Ravenhill, the 9 county ulster flags outnumber the 6 county type. You'll also see Japanese flags, the St Patrick's Cross, something which I think might be a Croatian flag - but most of all, you'll see Ulster rugby flags, which are handed out free on Heineken cup nights. Depending on who's playing, you might find yourself standing beside a Welshman, a Scotsman, an Englishman, or a Frenchman in a beret and a daft looking pink rugby shirt. You might find yourself standing beside a group of Dubs waving their flags and beating their bodhrans, or beside a crowd of people from Cork shouting for Munster. The Ulster support is made up of a lot of Ulster prods and a smaller number of Ulster Catholics, but who's counting? Rugby is the most inclusive sport on this island. A night at Ravenhill is a good night out, whatever your background. You should give it a go.

How do you know Im not  a regular?

very stereotypical of you   ::)
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Watcher Pat

The Ulster support is made up of a lot of Ulster prods and a smaller number of Ulster Catholics, but who's counting?   

Obviously you Myles if you know that..                           
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Myles Na G.

Quote from: stiffler on January 15, 2010, 11:28:02 PM

Because you asked the kind of question that only someone who never goes to Ravenhill would ask.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 15, 2010, 11:28:37 PM

The Ulster support is made up of a lot of Ulster prods and a smaller number of Ulster Catholics, but who's counting?   

Obviously you Myles if you know that..                         
I also know that it's mostly Catholics who attend GAA matches and I've never taken a count there either. What's your point?

Maguire01

I've been to Ravenhill once, a few years ago for a Heineken Cup game. Have to say, there's a good atmosphere around the place and it's the kind of place you'd have no problems taking children to.

stiffler

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 16, 2010, 08:34:50 AM
Quote from: stiffler on January 15, 2010, 11:28:02 PM

Because you asked the kind of question that only someone who never goes to Ravenhill would ask.

So you know what questions someone who doesnt go to ravenhill asks?  :D

you seem to have some talent myles, perhaps you should join the folks on the hill. You would fit in well  ;)
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

mountainboii

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 16, 2010, 12:06:27 PM
I've been to Ravenhill once, a few years ago for a Heineken Cup game. Have to say, there's a good atmosphere around the place and it's the kind of place you'd have no problems taking children to.

Decent atmosphere, but they could do with a a few more decent songs. Ulllll-ster, Ulllll-ster, Ullll-ster, Ullll-ster, ad infinitum did my head in after a while. Its the coldest place in the world too.

Myles Na G.

'So you know what questions someone who doesnt go to ravenhill asks?'

You asked a question which showed your total ignorance of what goes on at Ravenhill. Hardly rocket science.  ;)

Myles Na G.

Quote from: AFS on January 16, 2010, 01:40:30 PM

Decent atmosphere, but they could do with a a few more decent songs. Ulllll-ster, Ulllll-ster, Ullll-ster, Ullll-ster, ad infinitum did my head in after a while. Its the coldest place in the world too.
Fair comments!

Maguire01

Quote from: AFS on January 16, 2010, 01:40:30 PM

They do have 'Stand up for the Ulstermen' to the tune of Go West
:P

mountainboii

The gouging bollixs won by 2 points today. No bonus point so Ulster still have an outside chance of making the quarters I think.

thewobbler

I'd kindly ask that those who want to talk about flegs and religion do so on some other thread. This one is about rugby.

tyroneboi

Quote from: AFS on January 16, 2010, 05:55:21 PM
The gouging bollixs won by 2 points today. No bonus point so Ulster still have an outside chance of making the quarters I think.

Lets hope it is freezing cold and driving rain in Edinburgh next weekend for the Stade match and also with Bath out of contention hopefully Ulster can do the business over there. Ulster never travel well though but fingers crossed anyway.

Olaf

???   ??? 
One thing Ulster rugby certainly  doesn't suffer from is exclusivity.

Instead of flag counting and assuming that you are interested in the game  you should concern yourself with bigger problems such as the team not being able to win away from home in the Heinekin Cup.