Official Ulster Rugby Thread

Started by ONeill, October 10, 2009, 10:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Archie Mitchell

Luke Fitzgearld try in 80th minute.

Finished 16-14 to Ulster.

ONeill

Football, rugby......if we beat them at the hockey we keep them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: The Pieman on October 10, 2009, 10:11:47 PM
Fix something username ONeill???  Lucky you where the topic starter, otherwise the whole GAA discussion forum would have seen you pied by the Pieman for such a foolish mistake!!

I am the Pieman.

Where's your buddy Simple Simon?
MWWSI 2017

Myles Na G.

Great result for Ulster on a wild night at Ravenhill. Fitzgerald's bonus point try at the end was unnecessary - I thought Ulster had the chance to put the ball out before Leinster got possession. Looking good at the top.  ;)

FermPundit

What a performance from Ulster. With Declan Kidney in attendance, Humphreys, Ferris and Henry were immense. With Ronan O'Gara back in form last night and the emergene of Johnny Sexton and Ian Humphreys, Ireland now have options at fly half. I know Declan Kidney has lots of options in the back row but Chris Henry was superb today.

Fair play to Brian McLaughlin. He has done some job with this young Ulster squad this season.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ludermor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9aKZIh2CHc

Didnt see ths game over the weekend so didnt realise how blatent Dupuy was!! Cant see him seeing too much of 6 nations action based on what Jennings got.

Celt_Man

Quote from: ludermor on December 15, 2009, 03:03:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9aKZIh2CHc

Didnt see ths game over the weekend so didnt realise how blatent Dupuy was!! Cant see him seeing too much of 6 nations action based on what Jennings got.

It was a bad act, the fact that he done it once and not twice I'd say will see that the book is fired at him and we won't see him for the Six Nations.  Just what is wrong with Frenchies and using their hands to upset the Irish?

Other than that great win for Ulster... big game now in Brussels for them on Saturday.  If they got a losing bonus point and stopped Stade for getting one would that be a terrible result??  Although based on what I saw of the game and read about it too, they have a great chance of going there and beating the frenchies

By the way, typical French arrongance moving the game out of their home patch for a more glamour tie in brussels, bet they thought Ulster would be a soft touch, really hope it backfires on them
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Stimpy

whats the story with young o'connor from drumsurn? is he injured or just fallen down the pecking order?

tyroneboi

Good win for the Ulstermen tonight in horrible conditions. Boss, Henry and Ferris were the stand out performers for me.

And speaking of horrible, Mark Robson is the worst sports commentator on TV at the moment - annoying as f**k doesn't even begin to describe him!

Celt_Man

Quote from: tyroneboi on January 15, 2010, 09:50:31 PM
Good win for the Ulstermen tonight in horrible conditions. Boss, Henry and Ferris were the stand out performers for me.

And speaking of horrible, Mark Robson is the worst sports commentator on TV at the moment - annoying as f**k doesn't even begin to describe him!

Aye Humphreys kicked a few nice ones too, pity about the conditions because Ulster look capable of putting together some nice moves which could have led to pushing harder for the bonus point.

Robson is a dose and half, couldn't agree more

mountainboii

Have Bath much of a chance against Stade?

Celt_Man

Quote from: AFS on January 15, 2010, 10:48:10 PM
Have Bath much of a chance against Stade?

Doubt it, they are on 6 points so almost mathematically out of it and are playing away.  If it was in the Rec with the Frenchies travelling, things would be different but I'd be expecting Stade at home to get the win and the bonus point too to bring them to 17 points

stiffler

Quote from: tyroneboi on January 15, 2010, 09:50:31 PM

Is he a relation of Jackie Full of himsel?

Seemed to be a good few 9 county ulster flags waving at ravenhill tonight, perhaps this is an attempt to be more inclusive?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

mountainboii

Quote from: stiffler on January 15, 2010, 10:51:31 PM
Seemed to be a good few 9 county ulster flags waving at ravenhill tonight, perhaps this is an attempt to be more inclusive?

Noticed there was a big one with a crown on it in the dressing room though.