Kids say the funniest things......

Started by face.that.ball, October 06, 2009, 05:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

face.that.ball

Sitting  behind  a young whipper snapper at mass on Sunday........him wrecking about the whole time.

Now the minute hand was approaching the hour mark.......when after communion, priest sits down to chill out.......chapel silent.........this wee man lets a rip out of him.....clear as day....."Mummy.......I'M BORED!!"

He was just saying what we were all thinking!!

High Wide and Handsome

Quote from: face.that.ball on October 06, 2009, 05:16:03 PM
Sitting  behind  a young whipper snapper at mass on Sunday........him wrecking about the whole time.

Now the minute hand was approaching the hour mark.......when after communion, priest sits down to chill out.......chapel silent.........this wee man lets a rip out of him.....clear as day....."Mummy.......I'M BORED!!"

He was just saying what we were all thinking!!

ha ha you were at mass  ;D
"Swing er over!"

longrunsthefox

Took my wee boy to Ulster final and then Kerry -Dublin game a month later. At Dublin game after 20 minutes he said, "Daddy, Antrim are better than Dublin"... out of the mouths of babies...

Puckoon

My younger brother stood up on the pew in the sacred heart church when he was 4 and loudly said (after communion) to monsengior Rooney:

"shoosh priest, I'm singing"

pintsofguinness

ONe of my nephews comes out with some crackers (he's 6 now) - was talking to him Friday night on the phone and says to him "what are you at at the weekend" and he says "Ach I've no plans yet". 

A couple of years ago santy brought him a bike that had to be put together. He was sitting watching tv in my house and me and his father were whispering about when we were going to get this bike sorted when he turns around and says "I've to turn down this tv, I can't hear what yous are saying". 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mylestheslasher

My 2 year old asks questions like...

Daddy, what is a shadow?

Daddy, how does Barny fit in the DVD?

Ask your mother is the only answer I have.

fitzroyalty

in getting the haircut the other day, some woman had her wee fella about 5/6 waiting to get done... wee rascal was f'ing and blinding the whole time i was there!! :o

screenexile

Any of you watch Outnumbered?? Funniest British sitcom I've seen in a while... apparently a lot of the kids stuff is improvised and some if it is really spontaneous and all of it's hilarious!

Here's a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcgCx7tVBRo

Aerlik

Mini me came belting in from his Auskick (AFL) training one day with a big grin on his face, snotters flying, gasping for air:

"Daddy I'm playing for the Under 9s on Sunday!" (He was 7 at the time although just before his 8th birthday and was playing for the U-8s.)

"Why" says I, "are they short of players?"

"No" says he, "'cos I'm a legend, and the coach says that the best players are legends".  I nearly wet myself laughing.  He was puzzled.

When I was about 14 I was in the queue for Communion and this woman (who shall remain anonymous as some on here will know her) was in front of me carrying her 2 y.o.  After Fr.McGaughey (RIP) gave the mother her Communion, he gave a wee bit to the child who took it, looked at it and then cool as a cucumber asked:

"Wee bit o' butter?"

We all burst out laughing.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Billys Boots

My daughter on her first presence in a church (at a funeral) asked loudly as the coffin was being carried into the church, "what's in the box?"
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

the real slim shady

Not so much said as done...

When I was about 5 or 6 I was at a family wedding, and the priest was battering on, when he comes to the raise up your hearts bit, but I interpreted this as raise up your hats and proceeded to raise up my mothers hat as high as it would go, much to the amusement of everyone around me!!

Master Yoda

A friends son made his first confession and came walking up the aisle with a worried look on his face after the confession his Da asked him what was wrong and the wee lad said the priest told him to say 3 Hail Marys and 1 Our Father but he couldn't do it, when his Da asked why he couldn't do it he said he only new the one Hail Mary.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

longrunsthefox

Maybe someone can help me with this. My wee boy of seven asked me last night what Joseph and Mary's second name was.  He said, "Was it Christ as that was Jesus's second name?"  Any answers?... Rite enuff... if there were no surnames how come Jesus got one....

full back

Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 03, 2009, 04:54:21 PM
Maybe someone can help me with this. My wee boy of seven asked me last night what Joseph and Mary's second name was.  He said, "Was it Christ as that was Jesus's second name?"  Any answers?... Rite enuff... if there were no surnames how come Jesus got one....

From Wikipedia (the font of all knowledge on this board)

The Judaic practice of the time was to call a man after his father's name. So:

According to Matthew's Gospel. Joseph would have been "Joseph ben ('son of') Jacob" (depending on the Aramaic form for Joseph).

According to Luke's Gospel, Joseph would have been called "Joseph ben Heli".

Caid

Christ means Saviour.  It's not his surname. 

Surnames weren't really used back then I think.  Joseph would have been Joseph of Nazareth.  Mary would have been Mary of Nazareth.  Jesus would have been Jesus of Nazareth.

Though GNevin will probably tell you that its much like asking what the Easter Bunny's surname is....
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written