Kids say the funniest things......

Started by face.that.ball, October 06, 2009, 05:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

wee fella maybe 4 or 5 yrs old in mass here in front of us a good few months back said to his auld fella during the consecration:

"one more bell and we're outta here right?"
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Hardy

Quote from: The Iceman on December 03, 2009, 07:13:02 PM
wee fella maybe 4 or 5 yrs old in mass here in front of us a good few months back said to his auld fella during the consecration:

"one more bell and we're outta here right?"

:D :D :D

Hardy

Quote from: full back on December 03, 2009, 04:57:50 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 03, 2009, 04:54:21 PM
Maybe someone can help me with this. My wee boy of seven asked me last night what Joseph and Mary's second name was.  He said, "Was it Christ as that was Jesus's second name?"  Any answers?... Rite enuff... if there were no surnames how come Jesus got one....

From Wikipedia (the font of all knowledge on this board)

The Judaic practice of the time was to call a man after his father's name. So:

According to Matthew's Gospel. Joseph would have been "Joseph ben ('son of') Jacob" (depending on the Aramaic form for Joseph).

According to Luke's Gospel, Joseph would have been called "Joseph ben Heli".

In that case, I'd love to have been there when they went down to the town hall to register Jesus.

quit yo jibbajabba

mine says "da-da" all the time................if only he knew :-[ ;D

cookstownblue

remember feeding the goldfish when i was a cub.............................with a pint of milk and 3 slices of bread!  Oops!

sambuca kid

a few years ago my auld fella was talking about gettin duck instaed of turkey 4 xmas. my wee brother only picked up the duck bit and asked cud we get a dog instead.  ;D