Armagh county of the decade

Started by tyroneman, September 22, 2009, 04:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Quote from: armaghniac on September 24, 2009, 12:34:54 PM
Quotetyrone are the best team bar Kerry of thid decade. Armagh would probably come third but wouldn't be close to tyrone or kerry.

Armagh is indeed third. However as two of Tyrone's title were won by a kick of the ball more than Armagh there is not a huge gap between them. Kerry are a long way ahead of either.

If you take the Armagh argument, that the All Ireland titles alone don't count, on what basis are Armagh third?

armaghniac

QuoteIf you take the Armagh argument, that the All Ireland titles alone don't count, on what basis are Armagh third?

Record number of Ulster wins in a province which actually has a championship worthy of the name.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

stephenite

Quote from: armaghniac on September 24, 2009, 01:16:55 PM
QuoteIf you take the Armagh argument, that the All Ireland titles alone don't count, on what basis are Armagh third?

Record number of Ulster wins in a province which actually has a championship worthy of the name.

Jesus wept, get your head out of your own arse

blewuporstuffed

really?what record?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Cúig huaire

Lately people have been calling Cork chokers and before that Mayo, but surely Armagh are the greatest chokers of them all. All those Ulster titles over a 10 year period and only 1 solitary All Ireland to show for it. And lets be honest Kerry left that one behind them. Armaghs golden generation have come and gone and their likes will never be seen again but they really have very little to show for what was a dominant period in Ulster. The only record they have is the number of losses in an All Ireland Final, not a record anyone would be proud of.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Bensars

:D :D :D :D :D   Since football was reinvented ?

Think you're forgetting Cavan with 39

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Cúig huaire on September 24, 2009, 01:27:11 PM
Lately people have been calling Cork chokers and before that Mayo, but surely Armagh are the greatest chokers of them all. All those Ulster titles over a 10 year period and only 1 solitary All Ireland to show for it. And lets be honest Kerry left that one behind them. Armaghs golden generation have come and gone and their likes will never be seen again but they really have very little to show for what was a dominant period in Ulster. The only record they have is the number of losses in an All Ireland Final, not a record anyone would be proud of.

What record is that? Or are you just talking nonsense as usual?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Cúig huaire

Has another Ulster team lost as many All Ireland finals as Armagh? They lost one in the 1950s, though I dont know the exact year, then 1977 which at the time was the biggest defeat ever in a final, then they lost to Tyrone in 2003. Have I missed any?
Losing All Ireland finals is not something we would know much about  ;)

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Cúig huaire on September 24, 2009, 03:18:06 PM
Has another Ulster team lost as many All Ireland finals as Armagh? They lost one in the 1950s, though I dont know the exact year, then 1977 which at the time was the biggest defeat ever in a final, then they lost to Tyrone in 2003. Have I missed any?

Yes.

Cúig huaire

armaghniac

QuoteJesus wept, get your head out of your own arse

Charming response to a reasonable answer to your question. What do you expect?

QuoteThe only record they have is the number of losses in an All Ireland Final, not a record anyone would be proud of.

This record we do not hold. Try Mayo.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cúig huaire

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 24, 2009, 03:23:25 PM

Yes.

Would you like me to spell out ULSTER in foot high letters? It was you who highlighted that part of the quote in the first place.

man in black

Quote from: Cúig huaire on September 24, 2009, 03:29:46 PM

Yes.

Would you like me to spell out ULSTER in foot high letters? It was you who highlighted that part of the quote in the first place.

Cavan in whatever high letters you would like lost finals in 28 37 43 45 and in 49 - that plus the fact they won 5 would prove that they are the most successful Ulster county of all time.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: man in black on September 24, 2009, 04:02:41 PM
Quote from: Cúig huaire on September 24, 2009, 03:29:46 PM

Yes.

Cavan in whatever high letters you would like lost finals in 28 37 43 45 and in 49 - that plus the fact they won 5 would prove that they are the most successful Ulster county of all time.

Thank you Mr Cash.  :)

Cúig huaire

I think a 100% record would indeed prove that Down are the most sucessful Ulster county.