Kilmacud Crokes 7's

Started by North Longford, September 03, 2009, 02:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunnar mrydal

well folks whos going to win it this year. st galls again? no odds out for it yet anyway

OakLeaf

Quote from: gunnar mrydal on September 18, 2009, 12:43:27 PM
well folks whos going to win it this year. st galls again? no odds out for it yet anyway

Who usually offers odds on the 7s?

gunnar mrydal

paddypower have the odds up now oakleaf, glenulin 11/2, clonoe 18/1 the two i like the look of. what ya reckon

DennistheMenace

Is it good craic ? And can you get alcohol at it ? Tempted to go.

INDIANA

Quote from: DennistheMenace on September 18, 2009, 05:42:40 PM

Does a bear shit in the woods?

saffron sam2

Gall's too short at 7/2, although they'll not be far away assuming everyone came through the muck-savagery tonight. Kilmacud themselves a decent bet at 16/1.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Minder

Quote from: DennistheMenace on September 18, 2009, 05:42:40 PM

The hurling sevens are the highight of All Ireland weekend, im sure the football is the same.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Yes I Would

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on September 18, 2009, 10:45:12 PM
Where is the Intermediate and Junior tournaments being played?  Am i right in saying that these are not played at the Kilmacud grounds?

Junior - St Judes Templeogue
Int - Ratoath

Bogball XV

Quote from: gunnar mrydal on September 18, 2009, 05:09:11 PM
paddypower have the odds up now oakleaf, glenulin 11/2, clonoe 18/1 the two i like the look of. what ya reckon
Glenullin way too short given their defeat last sunday and the 'mourning' that undoubtedly followed (some accounts reckoned it was still ongoing on tuesday).  Beaten by a point in the final last year by a cynical st galls all the same, so you never know.
Kilmacud maybe not a bad bet, but i think they played tonight in the dublin championship??  I wouldn't have thought Clonoe would have the game for this at all??
Slaughtneil at 25/1, have done well here a few times, but may be short a few, they would be a great bet if at full strength though.  Blayney at 33/1, done very well here in the past without actually winning and lost last weekend in monaghan after extra time to CLontibret who are pretty strong. 
Cross A/B must be backed ew, great chance of making the final as the draw would have them playing in the quarter final. 
The other half of the draw is packed with all the big guns, Longstone, Galls, Glenullin, Bryansford, Blayney, Ballinderry etc etc.  I reckon maybe Blayney at 33/1 or Bryansford at 25/1 with a saver on Cross A/B at 8/1???

Bogball XV

See ladbrokes are betting on this too, better prices for some sides and they're giving ew odds of 1/3, however they don't have cross quoted at all?  But have only one kilmacud team quoted? 
I don't know why bookies take risks pricing up these things, or more to the point, why eejits like me have a flutter on it - allbeit the stakes will be small.

loughshore lad

Quote from: Bogball XV on September 19, 2009, 12:10:43 AM
Glenullin way too short given their defeat last sunday and the 'mourning' that undoubtedly followed (some accounts reckoned it was still ongoing on tuesday).  Beaten by a point in the final last year by a cynical st galls all the same, so you never know.
Kilmacud maybe not a bad bet, but i think they played tonight in the dublin championship??  I wouldn't have thought Clonoe would have the game for this at all??
Slaughtneil at 25/1, have done well here a few times, but may be short a few, they would be a great bet if at full strength though.  Blayney at 33/1, done very well here in the past without actually winning and lost last weekend in monaghan after extra time to CLontibret who are pretty strong. 
Cross A/B must be backed ew, great chance of making the final as the draw would have them playing in the quarter final. 
The other half of the draw is packed with all the big guns, Longstone, Galls, Glenullin, Bryansford, Blayney, Ballinderry etc etc.  I reckon maybe Blayney at 33/1 or Bryansford at 25/1 with a saver on Cross A/B at 8/1???

With everyone available Clonoe would have a good side and would be well suited to this.  They have pace and power in abundance and their style of play is based on getting players behind the ball then breaking at pace, if they have a strong panel with them they could do well.

flantheman82

Anyone know of television coverage/highlights?

Bogball XV

Quote from: flantheman82 on September 19, 2009, 10:28:34 AM
Anyone know of television coverage/highlights?
tg4 on monday evening.

clonoe have a decent draw alright, should come out of their group if they're interested.  In the same half as the 2 cross teams, Nemo, Clonduff etc.

Bogball XV

Quote from: loughshore lad on September 19, 2009, 10:06:21 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on September 19, 2009, 12:10:43 AM

With everyone available Clonoe would have a good side and would be well suited to this.  They have pace and power in abundance and their style of play is based on getting players behind the ball then breaking at pace, if they have a strong panel with them they could do well.
been cut to 12/1 with powers and are 16/1 with ladbrokes.

stiffler

Lads what you reckon is the smart bet for this?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009