Kilmacud Crokes 7's

Started by North Longford, September 03, 2009, 02:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randomtask

have kilmacud ever won their competition?

ONeill

They won it in '83 '88, '90 and '97.

Runners-up in '75, '79, '89 and '96.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

St Gall's won it: '85, '05 and '08. Runners-up: '84, '93 and '07
Bryansford: '84, '91, '93, '94. Runners-up: '90 and '95,
Castlewellan: '78, '81, '96, '00 and '06. Runners-up: Never.

ONeill

Castleblaney have made it to 4 finals but lost them all - '83, '97, '01 and '05.

ONeill

10 titles won by Down
6 by Dublin
5 by Antrim
4 by Galway
3 by Derry

ONeill

The last 4 finals have been an all-Ulster affair.

2005 St. Galls bate Castleblaney Faughs

2006 Castlewellan bate Longstone

2007 Longstone bate St Galls

2008 St Galls bate Glenuillin

Shamrock Shore

It's a great day out for young and old. I hope to get up there with the chavvies Sat week and see whos hanging about. Did my first hurling 7s last weekend and it was enjoyable. 8 year old daughter was confused as to why there was no Longford or Cavan (her Ma's county) hurlers swinging ash.

I sadly told her the truth about hurling in the whole general Longford/Cavan region.

She took it well.

Wait till I tell her about the football Sat week  :(

North Longford

Been a change to some groups. We now have An Riocht (Down), Naomh Aban (Cork) and Corofin (Galway) (instead of Easkey) Probably doesn't make it any easier. We're fixed fror St Benildus.

No way ref

Quote from: North Longford on September 10, 2009, 12:07:49 PM
Been a change to some groups. We now have An Riocht (Down), Naomh Aban (Cork) and Corofin (Galway) (instead of Easkey) Probably doesn't make it any easier. We're fixed fror St Benildus.

Why the change ?

North Longford

No idea. We got an email yesterday evening to ignore press releases and earlier anouncements of groups. I see Easkey have been moved to another group so I'm not sure of the point of a draw if teams can then just be moved around. Doesn't make much difference anyway. I assume in some cases teams drop out so others are brought in but no idea why a team would be moved from one group to another.
We were also informed that there may be further changes and we would be informed if that were to be the case.

Final Whistle

Quote from: North Longford on September 10, 2009, 02:59:43 PM
No idea. We got an email yesterday evening to ignore press releases and earlier anouncements of groups. I see Easkey have been moved to another group so I'm not sure of the point of a draw if teams can then just be moved around. Doesn't make much difference anyway. I assume in some cases teams drop out so others are brought in but no idea why a team would be moved from one group to another.
We were also informed that there may be further changes and we would be informed if that were to be the case.

Moy are attending, contrary to earlier reports.

Great competition, savage pace.

INDIANA

Quote from: North Longford on September 10, 2009, 02:59:43 PM

Depends on county championships- some clubs if they progress opt to drop out.

Final Whistle

Moy Withdraw from Tournament.

FermGael

Quote from: cameltohill on September 11, 2009, 09:37:40 AM
Quote from: Final Whistle on September 11, 2009, 08:12:51 AM
Moy Withdraw from Tournament.

why?

I would say it would have something to do with 3 of there county players being injured and having operations scheduled very soon
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered