Kilmacud Crokes 7's

Started by North Longford, September 03, 2009, 02:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Longford

Hope there's not a thread on this already.
Wondering does anybody know the pitch dimensions for these games. Couldn't see it on the crokes website last night.

Billys Boots

I heard ye were giving it a lash this year alright - best of luck now.  Are you at the helm until Xmas?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

blewuporstuffed

Our club are heading down for the first time aswell, any one any ideas where  a good place to stay would be? a hostel or a hotel nearby that would take a group of about 20
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

clareman

Quote from: North Longford on September 03, 2009, 02:05:57 PM
Wondering does anybody know the pitch dimensions for these games. Couldn't see it on the crokes website last night.

I always thought the games were played on a full sized pitch, no?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: clareman on September 03, 2009, 03:22:30 PM

jesus you would be knackered if ya were playing on a full pitch clareman tis tough enough on the smaller pitch ya never stop running great game.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

North Longford

Quoteheard ye were giving it a lash this year alright - best of luck now.  Are you at the helm until Xmas?

I hope its well over before christmas Billy....county board will have a lot to answer for if its not!!!

And I hope its not a full size pitch either....I might have a few droputs!!

the waffler

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 03, 2009, 03:20:16 PM
Our club are heading down for the first time aswell, any one any ideas where  a good place to stay would be? a hostel or a hotel nearby that would take a group of about 20
Blewup the Sillorgan Park is pretty close as is Bewleys Leopardstown both dead on and reasonable,the 7s is a great weekend have a good one

clareman

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 03, 2009, 03:28:31 PM
Quote from: clareman on September 03, 2009, 03:22:30 PM

jesus you would be knackered if ya were playing on a full pitch clareman tis tough enough on the smaller pitch ya never stop running great game.

Must be the hurling only that's played on the football field - it would make sense I suppose that the football crowd would need a smaller pitch to perform in!!! ;)

North Longford

Wouldn't be much fun watching two goalies pucking the ball over and back across the bar either I suppose!!

INDIANA

Croí na hÉireann

How do Crokes manage with their pitches at different locations? At least Judes have the hurling in the one park...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

the Deel Rover

Quote from: INDIANA on September 03, 2009, 05:20:25 PM
Full size pitch lads.

has it allways been played io full size pitches indiana ? i know we got to the final 1 year ( lost of course ) but i don't recall it been a full size pitch then again i was only a suppoter and had a few on board  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

INDIANA

Well its pretty damn close to being a full pitch if its not. The Pairc De Burca venue (clubhouse) is very close to a full pitch, not sure about the other venues. Anytime I've gone to it I tend to stay near where the beer is!
Personally it looks way too big for 7 a side. I'd need a taxi to get up and down it playing 7 a side. Still cracking days entertainment.

Logan

Quote from: INDIANA on September 03, 2009, 06:26:31 PM
Well its pretty damn close to being a full pitch if its not. The Pairc De Burca venue (clubhouse) is very close to a full pitch, not sure about the other venues. Anytime I've gone to it I tend to stay near where the beer is!
Personally it looks way too big for 7 a side. I'd need a taxi to get up and down it playing 7 a side. Still cracking days entertainment.
Oh I could get up it ... need a taxi back though

PadraicHenryPearse

they have 3 or 4 venues. clonskeagh school, oatlands school, Pairc De Burca and silverpark.

they play accross the main pitch in Pairc De Burca. they have two groups there usually the better teams play their groups there and the semi's and final are played there too.