Ard Mhacha v Maigh Eo Craobh Cluiche Ceannais Peile Mionúir na hÉireann

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, August 30, 2009, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

I know Armagh have issues of their own, i.e. the management and who will take over etc. But it's been a really strange week in Mayo. Not much been said, perhaps it's fear and trepidation in the lead-up to another All-Ireland, I know this thread will be busy next week, but there's no excitement at all. Suppose it's only the minors but it's an All-Ireland afterall!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Yep, you wouldn't even know Mayo were in an All Ireland final next sunday!!! Too used to the same old story i suppose....hope the injured 3 are making decent recoveries....

furboot

nice idea on the ClubMayo website http://www.clubmayo.ie/ - they are organising that you can send a good luck message to the Mayo Minor team
I'm sure some players (and mentors) from teams all over the country do come on to these forums, like the rest of us, and read all kinds of good and bad stuff about themselves and their teams.  Not always good reading going into a big match like an All Ireland Final so this idea of sending a bit of real postive support direct to them sound to em like a good idea - even more so for minors.

DuffleKing

Farrandeelin

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 14, 2009, 09:53:33 AM

What's happening in Mayo regarding the senior team then?

Nothing much. For the most part O'Mahony's backroom management will be the same next year.

ross4life

Quote from: ballinaman on September 13, 2009, 11:36:58 AM
Yep, you wouldn't even know Mayo were in an All Ireland final next sunday!!! Too used to the same old story i suppose....hope the injured 3 are making decent recoveries....

without the hype you may actual win one this time  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ludermor

It must be lonely to be following roscommon football every year having nothing to do for 12 months of it and nothing to worry about except what your neighbours are doing.  I presume ye have loads of hobbies?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ross4life on September 14, 2009, 03:41:40 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 13, 2009, 11:36:58 AM

without the hype you may actual win one this time  ;)
Shhh.. Don't let the sheep cat out of the bag. ;)
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

Quote from: ludermor on September 14, 2009, 05:53:49 PM
It must be lonely to be following roscommon football every year having nothing to do for 12 months
Ros Co teams in 2009 were playing from 4th January to 22nd August.
That leaves only 4 months.

When we get to Minor Finals we win them unlike Mayowestros. :P
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ballinaman

Quote from: Rossfan on September 14, 2009, 07:12:22 PM
It must be lonely to be following roscommon football every year having nothing to do for 12 months
Ros Co teams in 2009 were playing from 4th January to 22nd August.
That leaves only 4 months.

When we get to Minor Finals we win them unlike Mayowestros. :P

FINAL - When Roscommon get to minor final.....singular....

Son_of_Sam

Must be scary Rossfan that Mayo are more likely to win Sam than Roscommon are to win a senior Connacht title.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Son_of_Sam on September 14, 2009, 07:56:44 PM
Must be scary Rossfan that Mayo are more likely to win Sam than Roscommon are to win a senior Connacht title.

Really! I'm actually more scared of Ros winning an All-Ireland before we win one :o. Imagine how sickening that would be.. I don't even want to imagine it actually.

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 14, 2009, 08:05:56 PM
Quote from: Son_of_Sam on September 14, 2009, 07:56:44 PM

Really! I'm actually more scared of Ros winning an All-Ireland before we win one :o. Imagine how sickening that would be.. I don't even want to imagine it actually.

Both very unlikely to happen any time soon  :D

muppet

It must be lonely to be following roscommon football every year having nothing to do for 12 months of it and nothing to worry about except what your neighbours are doing. I presume ye have loads of hobbies?

I'd say he has just the one.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
MWWSI 2017

Mayo4Sam

Very low key approach to this. Lots of lads i'd normally go to mayo matches with not even travelling. V strange. Unfortunately i just cant see us winning this. Armagh looked awesome in their semi final & we looked average & lucky. I'll be there but i think this mite be another long walk out of Croker. Best of luck to ray & the 2 knockmore lads in particular.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me