Ard Mhacha v Maigh Eo Craobh Cluiche Ceannais Peile Mionúir na hÉireann

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, August 30, 2009, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Mister_Mayor

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 30, 2009, 11:45:49 PM
In fairness Down were bizarrely fixated in going for goals all match long when they could have popped over about 7 or 8 easy points instead. They did create a fair few goal chances though but took none of them due to a combination of good goalkeeping but mainly poor shooting.

Well, he still had to stop them...and that he did..many do not...and it made the difference. He and the team deserve a lot of credit, but they must now press on and win the final.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 31, 2009, 02:42:40 PM
Glad to see everyone writing us off, keep the hype down

You're sure about that?

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 31, 2009, 12:04:37 AM
Mayo to win.

For me, although I think we have the team to win, the ghosts of 1992 keep haunting me.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 30, 2009, 06:18:37 PM
Use this thread. I know the story of how Ballaghadeeren play in Mayo is an interesting and hotly contested part of GAA history but it has nothing to do with this match and there's no reason why this thread should be ruined by it.

I said I wanted Armagh to face Mayo rather than Down, now I have have I wanted, I may well live to regret it I'm sure. O'Connor took his goals very very well today, thought the match actually followed a similar enough pattern to last week's semi-final. I've been confident about this Armagh team all year so there's no sense in stopping now but its so hard to predict how minor teams will fare against each other.

How many Mayo supporters will make the trip?

Me, if I can get a ticket. Armagh destroyed Kerry in the semifinal, Mayo scraped past Down. Armagh beat Down too. Don't mind been written off. Down ones wee writing us off as well...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

I'll be there too. Already have my name down. Hope its finished in one day either way, longford last yr was too depressing

stew

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 31, 2009, 02:42:40 PM
Glad to see everyone writing us off, keep the hype down

Armagh supporters are not like Down supporters, they win a few All Irelands and think they are the aristocrats of Gaelic Football, we have won one and had to fight like mad to get even that so we will take nothing for granted.

1992 was probably the lowest I ever got in terms of supporting Armagh, 03 was bad enough but expected given that the GAA were always going to want PTG to get an AI winners medal and the refereeing that day bears that out.

We have not won a minor in many decades and we are prone to the big let down, believe me when I say that the vast majority of Armagh supporters will not take you for granted, neither will our players, the management team is not going to let that happen.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tyrones own

That said, and no disrespect to Mayo...it really is hard to see past an Armagh win IMO
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

moysider

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 31, 2009, 05:53:48 PM
That said, and no disrespect to Mayo...it really is hard to see past an Armagh win IMO

Why so Tyrones Own?

maddog

With minor football you never can tell. Id make Mayo slight favourites seeing as they beat Down handy enough and we struggled to put Down away.

ballinaman

Quote from: maddog on September 01, 2009, 10:05:06 AM
With minor football you never can tell. Id make Mayo slight favourites seeing as they beat Down handy enough and we struggled to put Down away.

Hilarious. I think the core of the sun is the only thing comparable to how hot of favourites Armagh will be. Fine by us in Mayo though.

maddog

Quote from: ballinaman on September 01, 2009, 10:52:46 AM

Hilarious. I think the core of the sun is the only thing comparable to how hot of favourites Armagh will be. Fine by us in Mayo though.

Hardly. Paddypower have Armagh at 8/11 and Mayo at 11/8 - not exactly overwhelming favourites

Mayo4Sam

Dempsey was talking about a challenge earlier in the summer where armagh gave them a hiding up there, anyone at that? Armagh have to be favourites given the way we let down in so often on sunday, do that with armagh & we'll be carved up. Saddens me to say but armagh by 4-5

ballinaman

Quote from: maddog on September 01, 2009, 11:30:52 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 01, 2009, 10:52:46 AM

Hardly. Paddypower have Armagh at 8/11 and Mayo at 11/8 - not exactly overwhelming favourites

Ya but come on, how often would a bookmaker make one team overwhelming favourites in a final!! Two horse race is hardly a good judge of odds. I've seen both teams play, Armagh twice and Mayo four times.

imtommygunn

Minor games are hard to call.

I would have a funny feeling Mayo could sneak this.

I felt , had Down believed in themselves, they could have beat Armagh in Ulster.

Armagh would need to improve their distribution from the Kerry game.

It should be a tight game though. Not sure what Armagh's full back is like but he'd need to be good to watch that FF.

Reading that Down Mayo game you'd think Mayo had three good players which is certainly not the case.

Armagh will, like against Kerry, get punished by frees here so need to keep the discipline.