Alan O'Connor sending off.

Started by mournerambler, August 23, 2009, 04:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

For the miskella incident it looked like a slap from what i seen but whatever it was, is it not in the rules that striking is a straight red no matter what the force is.

No way ref

Hardy you're such a real man. I'll bet that if an elephant hit you he would pay for it. Such a clown ::)

Hardy

Quote from: No way ref on August 27, 2009, 02:23:40 PM
Hardy you're such a real man. I'll bet that if an elephant hit you he would pay for it. Such a clown ::)

Devastating argument there. Have you anything sensible to say?

ha ha derry

attempted striking is also a red  card offence contact does not have to have been made. I know cuz it happened to me.
Alan O Conner jumped at Mulligan with knee and forearm late !!! Should have been straight red.

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: INDIANA on August 27, 2009, 10:01:27 AM
Quote from: SidelineKick on August 27, 2009, 09:57:29 AM
Yeah sorry I sorta went away from the original topic. In my opinion he wasnt hit hard enough to be knocked down, in my opinion.  He certainly, in my opinion, wasnt hit hard enough to be put down for a few minutes.

In that case, in my opinion, he was lying down to get a man sent off. You bide your time and get him when the opportunity arises, the way he went about it is the reason why I'm saying we're getting closer to soccer.

I don't agree -if you strike you have to go. Thats a strike for me. I remain to be convinced that something of any magnitude happened beforehand. If it did then thats different. But I can't see how any poster here can see something the rest of us can't from that camera angle.

Which is it? A strike or the magnitude? The rules don't make any such distinction (other than in the degree of the penalty). I saw a deliberate sly dig from McGuigan off-the ball, what did you see?

Miskella took the bite and retaliated. McGuigan made the most of it as was evident by the closeup of the "discussion" between himself and Miskella after he had "recovered". McGuigan couldn't even look Miskella in the eye while he was pointing out the spot on his head that was weally, weally sore  :D I laughed out loud when I saw it.

Which only goes to show that McGuigan is not up for "the dark arts" and should catch himself on before he gets seriously hurt and Miskella is a liability if he can be so easily provoked into doing something so stupid that was always going to caught by the cameras if not the officials.

Justice was served even if the law was (again) seen to be an ass in the process.

No way ref

Quote from: Hardy on August 27, 2009, 03:06:26 PM

Who is arguing ???

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: ha ha derry on August 27, 2009, 03:23:58 PM
attempted striking is also a red  card offence contact does not have to have been made. I know cuz it happened to me.
Alan O Conner jumped at Mulligan with knee and forearm late !!! Should have been straight red.

Catch yerself on. O'Connor was going for a block. The amount of contact he made with Mulligan is debatable but his swan dive was extravagant to say the least. Whether that was to simulate or to protect himself in a speedy fall, I don't know. But he does have history...

Glad to see Gormley's own swan dive being ignored. He should have been booked for it. That would help cut out some of the sh*te that creeping into the game. And I'm not laying it all at Tyrone's door either...

Hardy

Quote from: No way ref on August 27, 2009, 03:34:37 PM

Who is arguing ???

Look - do you have a point?

INDIANA

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on August 27, 2009, 03:28:24 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 27, 2009, 10:01:27 AM
Quote from: SidelineKick on August 27, 2009, 09:57:29 AM
Yeah sorry I sorta went away from the original topic. In my opinion he wasnt hit hard enough to be knocked down, in my opinion.  He certainly, in my opinion, wasnt hit hard enough to be put down for a few minutes.

In that case, in my opinion, he was lying down to get a man sent off. You bide your time and get him when the opportunity arises, the way he went about it is the reason why I'm saying we're getting closer to soccer.

I don't agree -if you strike you have to go. Thats a strike for me. I remain to be convinced that something of any magnitude happened beforehand. If it did then thats different. But I can't see how any poster here can see something the rest of us can't from that camera angle.

Which is it? A strike or the magnitude? The rules don't make any such distinction (other than in the degree of the penalty). I saw a deliberate sly dig from McGuigan off-the ball, what did you see?

Miskella took the bite and retaliated. McGuigan made the most of it as was evident by the closeup of the "discussion" between himself and Miskella after he had "recovered". McGuigan couldn't even look Miskella in the eye while he was pointing out the spot on his head that was weally, weally sore  :D I laughed out loud when I saw it.

Which only goes to show that McGuigan is not up for "the dark arts" and should catch himself on before he gets seriously hurt and Miskella is a liability if he can be so easily provoked into doing something so stupid that was always going to caught by the cameras if not the officials.

Justice was served even if the law was (again) seen to be an ass in the process.

Nope I don't agree- I saw nothing more than a poke. Some people here alleged he was punched in the balls. If he was punched in the balls he wouldn't have been in any position to hit Mc Guigan because he would have been on the deck.
With all due respect if everybody was to start punching people based on that level of contact -matches would finish up 7 a side. In My opinion. I can't see the sort of contact based on that where It would give Miskella a serious reason to hit Mc Guigan. Unless somebody else has more evidence to add.

I'd also like to add I wouldn't have any particular liking for Mc Guigan . But i wouldn't like to see a player missing a Final. As I said earlier the repurcussions of these incidents are more seen at club level , where the rise of broken jaws is increasing at an alarming rate.

No way ref

Quote from: Hardy on August 27, 2009, 03:47:20 PM
Quote from: No way ref on August 27, 2009, 03:34:37 PM

Who is arguing ???

Look - do you have a point?
i certainly do. You make Brian Mc Guigan the villian of the piece because you guess that he hit Miskella a sly dig for no other reason but to provoke a reaction. I guess that although some altercation occurred between Mc Guigan and Miskella (was Miskella holding Mc Guigans jersey), Mc Guigan was struck on the head and he went down. For you to say that this makes him a soccer player is typical Meath bravado where no one goes down unless they are dead 

Hardy

Thanks. Why couldn't you say that in the first place?

While you're guessing, what's your guess as to why McGuigan simulated a serious injury?

By the way, refusing to behave like a cheating girl is not bravado. It's just the honest way to play the game. It's not a mode of behaviour exclusive to Meath players.

muppet

Please let school start again.
MWWSI 2017

No way ref

Quote from: Hardy on August 27, 2009, 04:08:14 PM
Thanks. Why couldn't you say that in the first place?

While you're guessing, what's your guess as to why McGuigan simulated a serious injury?
By the way, refusing to behave like a cheating girl is not bravado. It's just the honest way to play the game. It's not a mode of behaviour exclusive to Meath players.

Such a stupid question. He was punched in the head (yes that's actually what happened) and he went down. What the fcuk do you mean serious injury? 

full back

Quote from: Hardy on August 27, 2009, 04:08:14 PM
By the way, refusing to behave like a cheating girl is not bravado. It's just the honest way to play the game.

Jesus, this is getting tough.........

What would you like someone to do that has been punched in the head?

SidelineKick

Being punched in the head and knocked out is serious injury. Being punched on the head and falling in a pile for a suitable amount of time  ;) means he had alterior motives. There is no way in hell that punch was hard enough to knock a man to the ground and keep him there for several minutes.

This is going on too often in our sport.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.