Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glensman

Heard talk of w**ker Watson from loughgeil heading for the states...any truth in this rumour?

Can anyone copy and paste the report from last night's game Bodies v Cushendall...work doesn't let me on northantrimgaa for some reason. It does let me on antrimgaa but its not on there.
Thanks

girt_giggler

A point from left-half forward Shane McNaughton in the sixth minute of injury time earned Cushendall a one point victory over Loughgiel in the semi-final of the Feis Cup Senior Hurling at Ballycastle on Tuesday evening.
The game looked set to go into extra time after Loughgiel missed a couple of chances to book their place in Sunday's final, but as the ball was cleared upfield McNaughton found space after winning possession and slotted the ball between the Loughgiel posts to give his side a narrow win.
Cushendall had always looked the most likely to advance in a tight low scoring game, and when they opened up a three point lead with just ten minutes remaining, but a goal by substitute Sean Burns, following a strong run by 'Swevy' McGarry brought the Shamrocks back on terms.
When Joey Scullion put Loughgiel ahead soon afterwards the prospects of Loughgiel appearing in a Feis final for the first time in years looked good, but Sean Delargy levelled with two minutes of normal time left, and McNaughton hit a late-late winner to book his team against Carey or Ballycastle at Feis na nGleann on Sunday.

PlayWithTheWind

there is more than just winker going to america, was told today a member of the county panel is flying off and very soon!
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

girt_giggler

nothing wrong with a holiday just before championship time... ;)

Glensman

girt - cheers for the report.

Hopefully a few one way tickets have been bought...

Not sure who it was and on what Antrim related thread it was (there are 3/4...we are taking over) that applauded those going to the states. BULLSHIT...if they take the opportunity and make this clear at the start of the year or even a month or two ago then fair enough...they are young fellas away they go but when people are relying on them they have NO right to do so.

I was actually thinking that Antrim could cause an upset in the football v Derry and maybe even give those group games a lash in the hurling...bit hard to be optimistic when you see that maybe 4 of the football and maybe even 1 of the hurling are already planning to leave.
You would never see one of the top counties allowing this to happen or maybe even closer to the point you would never see players from the top counties doing this.

Not normally one for praising this man but at least McGourty (Kevin) said a while ago he was going. He deserves credit for that...at least. Whether he would have gone if he was on the Antrim panel or not is another story.

slow corner back

Quote from: Glensman on June 06, 2007, 01:37:48 PM
Heard talk of w**ker Watson from loughgeil heading for the states...any truth in this rumour?

I heard some L,Giel people talking at last nights match saying he was off their panel after some row. If he is for the states then thats probably what the row is about.
One thing is certain L,Giel were pretty toothless up front without him last night.

milltown row

crap glens man, Gerry Mcenarney was flown home every year for Galway when they were wining all irelands. the states thing has be going on for years. wind your neck in.

and Antrim could beat Derry? we got through the first round twice in thirty years. we are currently ranked 30 out of 34 yes i'm sure the lads will give it a lash on Sunday and i'll be there cheering them on like i was last week in the rain but lets post something with a bit of realism

clootfromthe21

Milltown,

What are you saying - that if Antrim beat Derry boys will go to the States for a couple of weeks and fly back for the next round of the Ulster Championship????

There's a considerable difference between someone like McInerney who was based effectively year round in the States, obviously looked after himself out there and came home in the Summer for the championship and fellas who have been offered money or a jokey job to go out and play for a club in Boston and New York and go on the beer for the summer.

Now I'm not knocking the latter - its a great opportunity for lads to get away and experience something different. However, its another story when they train all year with the county, say nothing to anybody about going away and book a flight the morning after Antrim's first (and expected last) championship game.

Its an amateur game and lads are free to do what they like BUT it is (in my opinion) somewhat disloyal to their team mates and supporters.

Glensman

Crap right back at you Milltown a bit of fecking loyalty wouldn't go amiss.
Your swayed view comes from the fact that 5/6 of your players are leaving....good on them...young bucks to go out and make a bit of money...screw it...say at the start of the year they are doing it and then let everyone be in the know.
And get your facts straight about McInerney as well. It was a different era then and as Cloot says he was based there.

AND have a bit of fecking faith in your county...its not blind optimism I go in with. Antrim have been showing quite well in training, they are takin a bit of a professional approach, things are moving in the county. I'm not getting carried away - I am just excited.

I said they "could cause an upset"...that's realism.
You wind your neck in.

milltown row

if you read my post i said nothing of the lads coming back if they beat Derry, i'm sure all the lads would stay home as they would have a great chance to play in the Ulster final. when the whistle is blown on Sunday look at the players who are going, then make your mind up if they are putting their all into it. Jody's not stupid he's putting these lads on because he thinks that these lads will give him the best chance of winning.

people are saying that they will not put the effort because they are going, rubbish.

Tony Baloney

This is the Antrim Hurling thread  ;)

Big Bob

Tony Baloney is quite right. This is the Antrim Hurling Thread........... So you Footballing Planks go get your own thread and talk about unimportant football topics. To be honest I'd rather watch paint dry.

Ruairi Og exile

Well said Tony...Glensman away with your foreign sports

Glensman

It started because someone said one of the hurlers was for America as well.

So you boys don't care?!

I am a dual poster.

milltown row

anyway, enough football, any reports from the league games played on wed night?

we played Rossa, won by four with Rossa getting a goal in injury time, good game with Rossa without Bell, Close and big Jim. we were missing county boys, and flynser and Gaga.
rossa started really well with a goal and 2 before 5 mins played,  they got one more during the rest of the half, were's we came back at them and led by a point at half time, we got a lucky goal, but had most of the play. second half we pulled away and were leading by 8 at one stage. good clean game, some moaning at the referee but thats always happening lately (sorry ref)

good for rossa, Hamill, kettle and cant really think who else had a good game

Karl Stewart came back and scored 10 of the 1-19 and mackers chiped in the goal and few points. thats two wins away from home on the trot for us, although both teams are having a nightmare season.