Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGeneral

Quote from: Just Puck It on February 25, 2011, 05:53:28 PM
Looking in from the outside, I think you may be right.  All to often the goalkeeping position is forgotten about and there isn't generally a great challenge for the position.  If he concentrates his efforts on continuously improving I can see him making that push sooner rather than later.  At 18 he has the potential to be brilliant - and I've only seen him play in one championship season! 

Does he need help under the high ball?  I'm nearly sure he didn't drop a ball in any games I've seen?  He might be a wirey lad but he's got a brave height about him.  His progression onto the senior setup will be the real teller.

He is good under a high ball with no pressure yes (aren't we all) but when the usual roaming full forward is there to add pressure he tends to bat the ball out with his stick , may be alright at minor just about but a senior you wouldnt get away with it 
Goals win championships

múinteoirmór

Quote from: TheGeneral on February 25, 2011, 05:58:28 PM
Looking in from the outside, I think you may be right.  All to often the goalkeeping position is forgotten about and there isn't generally a great challenge for the position.  If he concentrates his efforts on continuously improving I can see him making that push sooner rather than later.  At 18 he has the potential to be brilliant - and I've only seen him play in one championship season! 

Does he need help under the high ball?  I'm nearly sure he didn't drop a ball in any games I've seen?  He might be a wirey lad but he's got a brave height about him.  His progression onto the senior setup will be the real teller.

He is good under a high ball with no pressure yes (aren't we all) but when the usual roaming full forward is there to add pressure he tends to bat the ball out with his stick , may be alright at minor just about but a senior you wouldnt get away with it
He should do what the 'Johns' keeper does, just welt the 'roaming full forward' then!   That's what he usually does!!!!
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

Just Puck It

Quote from: múinteoirmór on February 25, 2011, 06:34:11 PM
Quote from: TheGeneral on February 25, 2011, 05:58:28 PM

He should do what the 'Johns' keeper does, just welt the 'roaming full forward' then!   That's what he usually does!!!!

Not so sure about that múinteoirmór, down in the glens there is normally an emphasis put on playing a good brand of  hurling rather than making up for what is lacking by turning the hurl on its heel! 

Agree with that General - just don't get away with that sort of carry out at senior.  I remember watching a match between Garron Tower and St Louis in the Mageean Cup a number of years ago.  Goal keeper was on fire all afternoon, but the one ball he batted out ended in the net - ach, sin mar a phreabhann an sliotar.

múinteoirmór

Quote from: hardstation on February 25, 2011, 11:07:30 PM
I'll have to unbite my tongue here on the big teacher.
On goalkeepers:
First of all, you have blamed Rossa's loss to Buffer's Alley in 1989 on Paddy Quinn, which couldn't be further from the truth. You'd have to wonder if he is a Rossa man at all, with this thinking, (never heard in Rossa before).

He is now saying that Ciaran Cunningham (the 'Johns') is a 'dirty' goalkeeper. Again, what the fcuk is he talking about?

General points:
I have never in my life heard anyone refer to St. John's/The Johnnies as The 'Johns'.

I have never in my life met a Rossa man with a good thing to say about Loughgiel, never mind a man who comes in his pants at the first mention of them.

When asking a Rossa man "Any craic from last night?" (considering that the Rossa AGM took place the night before), you don't expect him to care about nothing else but a friendly that Loughgiel played that night.

One has to wonder.
Such cynicism, amazing!  Typical of all thats wrong in the county.  Well, here is one Rossa man who is always willing to acknowledge the good in other teams, with the exception of the 'Johns' of course!  IMHO, Loughgiel I feel are the best team I have seen in the county for some considerable time, bearing in mind there is not much happening in the city!  It's also clear to see you don't know all the people in Rossa! And you have also came across someone who has always referred to St. John's as the 'Johns'.  Isn't life really full of surprises!!!!!!!!!  I think I am going to start liking the 'Johns' because nobody else does!  I think it would annoy them even more if I started liking them!  God bless the 'Johns'!!!!
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on February 25, 2011, 11:15:56 PM
Quote from: pdiddy on February 20, 2011, 04:24:10 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 20, 2011, 01:08:28 AM
They will never, ever, be forgiven.

What for HS ? ???

Just noticed this. The time yis jumped the fence and hospitalised at least two of our minors.
We've had our share of this happening to us too HS. Time to move on methinks.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

múinteoirmór

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 26, 2011, 04:25:19 PM

What for HS ? ???

Just noticed this. The time yis jumped the fence and hospitalised at least two of our minors.
Some people just don't/won't move on Seamroga!  A pity a few others were not wacked when the fence was scaled, not the minors of course!!!! 

I see you have a problem HS with DEMOCRACY also, a sore loser I guess! ;D

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: múinteoirmór on February 26, 2011, 04:29:41 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 26, 2011, 04:25:19 PM

What for HS ? ???

Some people just don't/won't move on Seamroga!  A pity a few others were not wacked when the fence was scaled, not the minors of course!!!! 

I see you have a problem HS with DEMOCRACY also, a sore loser I guess! ;D
There's no justification for anyone "scaling the fence" no matter what clubs are involved. We can all go back and dredge up failings of clubs "supporters" in this specific regard but it ultimately leads no where but to the recycling of the same old sh*t over and over again. It was dealt with at the time, as were they all.

Nice edit by the way.    ;D

múinteoirmór

Thanks Seamaroga, sure you know it makes sense.  I could not agree nore with your comments regarding 'scaling fences'.  well said!

Looking at the Antrim website, it would appear we are a 'football' county again! Although, very sure the footballers will make the drop! ;)

"One swallow does not make a summer" and all that!

múinteoirmór

Quote from: múinteoirmór on February 27, 2011, 12:26:48 PM
Thanks Seamaroga, sure you know it makes sense.  I could not agree nore with your comments regarding 'scaling fences'.  well said!

Looking at the Antrim website, it would appear we are a 'football' county again! Although, very sure the footballers will make the drop! ;)

"One swallow does not make a summer" and all that!

That 'HS' bloke, I think the Ballymurphy Champagne is going to his head!

NAG1

Are the championship draws on tonight?

aontroim

Yes draws are happening tonight at county meeting.

Last Man

Any news on the McAuley Cup match yesterday?

NAG1

The Town won by a point from reports

Last Man

It's been a while since the town has rolled Dunloy in a cup game, anybody spectating?

Seamroga in exile

We'll probably get the Milltown men again.