Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

horse it in to her

MR2  cushendall res play portaferry on saturday not ballycastle

Milltown Row2

sorry Sarsfields, but thats not my point ;D

I am feeling hard done by, can't understand their logic. bad enough for the lads to lose out on the South Antrim championship but now they have been screwed over cause the referee called the game off!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

funtime frankie

MR I'd get the club secretary to send a written objection advising CCC that if they proceed with the competition then you will take the matter to higher authority.

Bottom line is that if what I can see you played it by the book. It may not do your case any harm if you ask the ref to give you a report detailing his reasons for calling the game off. What really pisses me off about this sort of thing is that we should be encouraging lads to play and not throwing up obstacles at every opportunity. If that doesnt work go to the DRA. Whilst the CCC has done well with the number of games which have been played there does need to be a degree of common sense.

As for SA, we've debated that and there needs to be a change in the rules to allow lads to play in that championship. To be fair I think that  Rossa, St Johns and yourselves being unable to use some key players has really taken the cut and thrust out of the competition.

maxpower

it'd be hard to not feel hard done by and pretty sure you would have to be reinstated, the reserve competition was much better when it was played in May time before alot of players became inelilgible by playing 10 minutes of senior championship
What happens next????

pdiddy

Quote from: monkey on September 22, 2010, 08:43:24 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 22, 2010, 04:40:30 PM
there's some thoroughly decent lads on that team who've busted a gut for years for their club. I wouldn't begrudge them a county medal.

Caveat: I reserve the right to change my opinion as we move toward the weekend  ;)

IMHO the only people that deserve a county medal are those that stand up on the day and want it more.  To lose 6 finals in a row says it all.  It will be 7 from 8 on Sunday.

A 'Team' only deserve to be County Champions if they as a team win the County Championship.  Individuals however can be worthy and deserve to be County Champions.  Tony Browne has never won an All Ireland but Id say he deserves one as he is, sorry was, one of the best in Ireland.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Milltown Row2

All sorted. Good sense seen by the CCC
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Good to see the county responding to the pressure put on by yourself on this forum milltown  :P
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Skull you must be getting soft in the old age.  ;)  I know the sentiment your after but dont have to think back too hard or too long for same said men to not being so deserving.

Anyone see the forecast for the weekend I would imagine this will have a massive influence on the game!

Minder

Winker has got an All Star nomination, well done.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

Just seen that, boost for the shams before the weekend
the difference between success and failure is energy

imtommygunn

Have Loughgiel ever had an all star before?

Now that I think about it is this their first nomination?

(Maybe Woody or beaver got nominated?)

maxpower

What happens next????

imtommygunn

I thought someone would answer that...

pdiddy

I think Niall Patterson got nominated !
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

NAG1

When was he sent off this year?