Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

JC
Wasnt my point to say they shouldnt go down, I am just looking at them and of the 3 teams yourselves Glenariffe and the town, I would say there would be more talent in the town IMO. My point is that they havent got themselves sorted out to harness and improve this talent.

If they are relegated then they are relegated hate this horse trading bullshit that happens at the end of every year.

Agree the only way to play hippy is to put someone on him with legs and let the ball in low, has serious struggles with that type of player and ball. Play the ball in high and he will eat it up all day long.

johnneycool

Quote from: funtime frankie on September 20, 2010, 01:44:40 PM
JC that was a hell of a fight your boys put in to stay up. All big games that needed a result. Question is why couldnt you do it the rest of the season

It's probably down to the management wanting to peak later on in the year, where there's normally a basic enough level of fitness done in Feb/March then with the Ulster league, early days of the Antrim league, Down leagues etc, it's all stick work. Then in July time the fitness and sharpness training ramps up for a late August/ September peak as the Down championship only starts then.

It's all well and good if you can pick up the odd points along the way but in recent years we haven't and last year we needed to beat Loughgeil in november to avoid the drop.

As for this years team we managed to blood five lads either just out of minor or still playing minor who played all or most of our games and have come on considerably due to it. We've still without one of our best players in Gabriel Clarke who got a bad break in the shin whilst playing for Down in the summer of 2009, he's been doing a bit of training this year but still waiting to get the metalwork removed. He should be back for the beginning of 2011.
Hopefully we'll be a much stronger proposition next year.

maxpower

JC whos the young lad hurled corner forward with a yellow helmet, played well against us
What happens next????

johnneycool

Quote from: maxpower on September 20, 2010, 02:32:37 PM
JC whos the young lad hurled corner forward with a yellow helmet, played well against us

Danny Toner probably. He was still minor this year but was named in the first 15 by the club to stop the other teams from playing him.
It was a decision I personally didn't agree with as I thought a year in reserves would bring him on better but to be fair to him he's not been found wanting even when the opposition try to wear the hurl off him and that was my concern as he's fairly lightly made up.

johnneycool

Rossa    0-0   0-0   Gort Na Mona    Rossa   06/09/2010   18:30   Round 8 - Game has been voided by CCC

what happened there then??

the colonel

Someone had a treble of Gort Na Mona, the Paskistan cricketers v england and John Higgins for world championships in a bookies in andytown. Game had to be suspended
the difference between success and failure is energy

funtime frankie

Aye I mind that young fella in the corner, he's got pace with the ball and running at the defence caused trouble and resulted in yas getting some handy frees. But as you said yourself he's a bit slight but this year's experience won't do him any harm at all.

Milltown Row2

Colonel, is it true that your club pu+ in an OBJ against Herbie??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

Absolutely no idea about that MR

Milltown Row2

Thats what i heard. good source too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

horse it in to her

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2010, 09:06:41 PM
Colonel, is it true that your club pu+ in an OBJ against Herbie??
MR2 i would say they would rather have herbie than ray

Rua Abu

Watching this site for a while, Jesus lads you fairly give it to the referee's, god help that lad who's doing the county final. We take our game serious here in the "Rebel County" and I have give the men in black the odd shift, but you lads up there go at it no holes barred. I've started to referee recently after my playing days, and to be honest I enjoy it. I have a close friend who is a national Ref down here and has an AI Final under his belt, but no wonder Refs are short supply! You need to catch a grip and remember he has a life and a family outside the GAA. I love that lad Watson, great talent and will watch the result closely of your county final, and I for one would like to wish that Referee all the best, sounds like he is in a no-win situation.

theskull1

Quote from: Rua Abu on September 21, 2010, 12:29:46 PM
Watching this site for a while, Jesus lads you fairly give it to the referee's, god help that lad who's doing the county final.

Who is "you" Rua Abu?  :o

Do me a favour and name the posters who "fairly give it to the referees" and then name those that don't. Do a tally and tell me if that sweeping statement of yours is fair?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

It will be a cold day in hell when we start taking advice from Cork people when it comes to treatment of hurling people!

Only one poster has crossed the line here regarding the refs and Im sure it is the same across each county in Ireland. That what it is a debate on the ref, who will play where and on who and who will win our games thats half the craic.

It has been said that the refs do it to the best of their ability and try to do it fair end of.