Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Where was my contradiction?

I said if the abuse was as bad as has been made out why did Herbie finish the ET. Surely no fellow officlal would have completed the game if he felt his colleague had recieved abuse to that level.

That was my point simple as that no contradiction in it.

thehurler

NAG yet again your vicious cowardly attitude comes out .
So let's look at it either Herbie was wrong to do the ET and Tommy was badly abused or Tommy wasn't abused at all and the gracious good man Herbie did the ET. According to your warped logic then someone did something wrong and therefore the North Antrim Board must take action.
But on the other hand as is with the GAA the referees report is sacrosanct so it will be interesting to read it and if I am correct Dunloy players and officials will be suspended heavily .As i said before someone of the Dunloy supporters not all I add should stick to supporting their great Irish game of soccer and the poppy wearing Glasgow Celtic soccer team.
Bottom line is Tommy was dreadfully abused by Dunloy people - those people should be suspended and let's hope the North Antrim Board do not bottle it and deal with them.You my friend NAG need to get rid of your spiteful warpness and begin to show leadership not be cowardly and self serving.

NAG1

For the second time I aint your friend!

I had forgot the school holidays were on again.

You totally missed the point of my post maybe it was to subtle for you and your little agenda which is clear for all to see now.

johnneycool

hurler, should you not be setting sail for the Ards peninsula shortly?

theskull1

Re: The abuse of referees

If someone could define boundaries "clearly" as to what is and what is not abuse then I'd like them to elaborate on it.  It is such a grey word I struggle to use it.

I could say with some certainty that referees are verbally "abused" in almost every game they go out to referee from U16 up. It would be great if every referee reacted and dealt with those responsible in the same way to the similar types of abuse. It's a bit like super nanny in way. Consistency is the key if we want people to change their habits both on the line and on the pitch. From what I've heard Tommy was not what "I" would have described as abused but opinions we're made known to him in a very pissed of manner (when everybody gathered in the centre of the pitch at the end of full time) regarding the decisions he took at the very end of the game. Now some refs might let those heightened frustrations go (seeing that it's a passionate game and all) not consider those verbal frustrations as abuse and move on. Others including Tommy will react differently and make an issue of the very same verbals.

So how do we deal with this inconsistency because it leaves the disciplinary system open abuse (  ::)) if referees don't report "abuse" in a consistent manner?

I'd agree that we probably do deserve some sanctions if we are reported but I'd have my frustrations that almost every club is as guilty as ourselves when it comes to mouthing at referees

Two other points on the latest replies

Shrek....it would be more accurate to say that the ball was gently tapped over toward the referee who was about 10 yards away....it would be easy for some to take from your words that a dunloy player drove the ball away from the area of play...he didn't

Hurler...you say Tommy was dreadfully abused...that implys you "know" what was commented to him? Well do you?
And every club has a few so why do you not do something about your own "some"?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

maxpower

Shrek, it was indeed myself said the player threw the ball into the fence, thats what i though happened but as it was on the far side i will concede.  I'm glad NAG agreed it should have been a free to Dunloy in the first instance, i definately felt it looked a free from where i was.

I do not condone abusing referee's and i do think it is time the GAA took its responsibilities seriously in this regard, but i didn't hear an awful lot said at the time, and as yet have not heard any reports of particularly abusive language being used.

What i can't abide by is the relish with which a supposed shamrock is getting struck into the club demanding bans, fines etc. rewind to the feis cup last year, your own supporters didn't exactly cover the club in glory.
What happens next????

Shrek

@Skull - it was more like 20 - 30 yds - but lets not split hairs- it was still hitting the ball away to waste time.

@max - you couldnt see the player tapping the ball across the field how can you comment on wether it was a foul or not.

I have no love nor hate for Dunloy, Cushendall or any club for that matter - im a bit of a blow in with no club. I am now distancing myself from this topic as i dont want to comes across on the side of the hurler - he has an abvious agenda which i dont  - i just hate to see referees getting verbally abused by a number of players.

last post by me on this topic.

i believe there are some matches on tonight - which one is best to go and watch. might go and watch depending if i have to babysit or not  >:(

theskull1

Quote from: maxpower on July 07, 2010, 04:28:41 PM
What i can't abide by is the relish with which a supposed shamrock is getting struck into the club demanding bans, fines etc. rewind to the feis cup last year, your own supporters didn't exactly cover the club in glory.

Max there's every chance that thehurler was not born when that happened so give the young lad a chance will ya
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

playwiththewind1st

I was going to ask how the match was finished, if the official referee refused to continue, but that has now been answered.

Very unusual - an appointed official refuses to continue & somebody else takes over....bit suspect methinks.

Minder

Glenariffe 0-16 Ballycran 0-5
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnneycool

The bodies beat us by 4 in the end. 3-12 to 2-19 or similar. Not a bad game with both missing a few. We miss magic more than they miss watson though. Weak bench is our downfall plus a few dubious tactics where our centre back stays deep sweeping up but allowed jonny campbell to score 1-6 or so from play. Call me old fashioned but everyone has a man to mark

the colonel

St. Johns  5-11 0-8 St. Pauls  Casement Park Quarter-FInal 
Tir na Nog  1-15 2-11 Glen Rovers Armoy  Ahoghill Quarter-FInal 
Lamh Dhearg  0-11 2-9 Carey Faughs  Rossa Quarter-FInal 
Clooney Gaels  0-8 1-13 Rasharkin  Ballymena Quarter-FInal 

Junior Hurling Championship
Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Comment   
Cloughmills  4-10 3-10 Creggan  Loughgiel Quarter Final 
All Saints  3-6 4-17 Cushendun  Glenravel Quarter Final 
St. Endas  2-6 1-9 Glenravel  Ahoghill Quarter Final 

Antrim Div 1 Hurling
Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Comment   
Ballygalget  3-9 2-17 Loughgiel  Ballygalget Round 9 
Ballycastle  1-6 1-16 Cushendall  Ballycastle Round 9 
Dunloy  1-18 2-9 Portaferry  Dunloy Round 9 
Glenariffe  0-16 0-5 Ballycran  Glenariffe Round 9 

the difference between success and failure is energy

johnneycool

The Crans are in free fall at the minute with six losses on the bounce. We're down with them on Sunday in what is a must win game for both, could be interesting!

maxpower

Quote from: Shrek on July 07, 2010, 04:42:25 PM

@max - you couldnt see the player tapping the ball across the field how can you comment on wether it was a foul or not.

>:(

Very simple Shrek, i was watching the game, saw what i felt was a free and turned to the guy next to me to ask 'how the hell is that not a Dunloy free' turned around and the ball was 13m further forward. was told this was because ball was threw into the wire. No big deal. last comment on that match

Dunloy beat Portaferry last night 1:18 to 2:9 i think.  Strange game in that Dunloy were playing well and had the game won then the Ports ran off 5 or 6 points in a row against the wind in the second half and dominated for a good period
What happens next????

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on July 08, 2010, 09:31:52 AM
The Crans are in free fall at the minute with six losses on the bounce. We're down with them on Sunday in what is a must win game for both, could be interesting!

Was talking to one of out players and he said that is the worst he has ever seen them.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"