Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthehill

Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2010, 09:33:14 PM
Ballycastle    2-16   1-6   Dunloy

Jaysus....

Does anyone else smell a rat here!! I wonder did the Ballycastle treasurer get the oul cheque book out.!!

Dunloy must have been bad hi...but all the same I wouldnt read much into it.

NAG1

Ballycastle are more than capable on their day and if Dunloy were off their game with few injuries etc then it is no big conspiracy that they were turned over.

Have been saying for a while that Ballycastle should be competing better at this level with the amount of talent at their disposal.

News Boy

Quote from: Onthehill on June 21, 2010, 10:14:02 AM
Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2010, 09:33:14 PM
Ballycastle    2-16   1-6   Dunloy

Jaysus....

Does anyone else smell a rat here!! I wonder did the Ballycastle treasurer get the oul cheque book out.!!

Dunloy must have been bad hi...but all the same I wouldnt read much into it.

I would read into it big time, they were stuffed by the Castle!!!!!!!!  The "Castle" are a sleeping giant, just like young Hippy.  In a few years time they will be unstoppable!

joecanning

im hearing that there could be a call up for owen turner to the antrim fold.

Last Man

Any team for no good reason can have a real bad day at the office, you lose all touch, heads go blank, we have all been there. I know the Town are currently punching below their weight but I'll be filing this one under "F" for "Flash in the pan" until I see them back it up.

NAG1

Anyone else at the Cushenall Loughgiel match last night?

Good to see there is a good settled panel going into a few important weeks for the County set up!

Glensman

What news of the county panel then?

Any truth on the story that Paddy Richmond coming back.

Heard Winker and Sean D were going at it yesterday. Hopefully that will be consigned to what was on the field of play between the Dall and the Bodies...and that for the good of Antrim hurling they get on with hurling with each other at county level. In the successful teams in the south they will cut lumps out of each other at club hurling but from what I see there:
(a) is always a certain level of respect; and
(b) its immediately forgotten (or if not forgotten then buried).

Fingers crossed.

If we had Graffin and McAuley I'd be an optimistic man over the next couple of weeks...but then I'm never going to be that again. Shame they are away but as others noted its their last year as students (I think) with a full summer - as Skull noted they'll hopefully represent the county for many years to come.

thehurler

Great game last night and i have a good feeling for loughgiel this year ! last year they had a lot factors against them , the feis debacle, suspensions (conspiracy) and injuries.
They undoubtly have the best players and maybe haven't had it right on the line the last few years but by all accounts they have great team spirit this year , a great organised  management set up and i feel  they will be really hard to beat .
As long as they keep focussed , keep the discipline and put the effort in i feel 2010 is the year of the shamrocks.They have history on their side too as the only club to have the all-ireland and really i expect big things from them this year .

wino

Quote from: thehurler on June 21, 2010, 07:37:32 PM
Great game last night and i have a good feeling for loughgiel this year ! last year they had a lot factors against them , the feis debacle, suspensions (conspiracy) and injuries.
They undoubtly have the best players and maybe haven't had it right on the line the last few years but by all accounts they have great team spirit this year , a great organised  management set up and i feel  they will be really hard to beat .
As long as they keep focussed , keep the discipline and put the effort in i feel 2010 is the year of the shamrocks.They have history on their side too as the only club to have the all-ireland and really i expect big things from them this year .

its idiots like you that give loughgiel a bad name. yes loughgiel have good players and had hard luck with injuries etc.. last year, but how do you think that having history will help win a championship - please open your eyes to the real reasons that Loughgiel have not been as successful as Dunloy and Cushendall over the last 20 years. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: wino on June 21, 2010, 10:21:17 PM
Quote from: thehurler on June 21, 2010, 07:37:32 PM

its idiots like you that give loughgiel a bad name. yes loughgiel have good players and had hard luck with injuries etc.. last year, but how do you think that having history will help win a championship - please open your eyes to the real reasons that Loughgiel have not been as successful as Dunloy and Cushendall and Rossa over the last 20 years.

fixed that for you :D :D

great team and shit happens, they have lost out to a combination of reasons, some self inflicted others just bad luck. they will come good again, will it be this year?? don't know
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

aye plenty of conspiracies over suspensions. Some of the dirtiest hurlers antrim has seen over the last 20 years
the difference between success and failure is energy

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 21, 2010, 10:31:17 PM
great team and shit happens, they have lost out to a combination of reasons, some self inflicted others just bad luck. they will come good again, will it be this year?? don't know

What about good rather than great?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

great team and so is Dunloy and Cushendall.

I know Dunloy dislike the Bodies sure we hate the Johnnies Lamhs and the rest. but i have great respect for clubs like Loughgiel Rossa and St Johns. the Dall and yourselves also. this is based on what they have achieved in the past.

if we based our opinions of teams on how they have faired in the last twenty years then we do clubs like Ballycastle a disservice
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

I like yourself have great respect for all those clubs listed so liking/disliking has got sweet FA to do with it. We obviously have a different idea of what great means thats all

They are a great club IMO. But they have in the recent past only been a good team IMO. Hardly a controversial view
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

This guy is a total WUM.

No one from Loughgiel with their recent past would be looking back to '83.

As has been said have had a few good teams in that period but none got over the line, dont see anything in the current team to make me change my opinion, outside of LW who is going to chip in with the 4-5 points which are going to be needed to be a Dunloy or Cushendall? Even if LW has a great day at the office 1-10 - 1-12 who gets the rest to win a championship match?