Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Dont think that is any great shock or suprise.

milltown row

a thankless task, you've no mates going into the job and plenty of enemies when ya leave. everyone is an expert and none of them are as committed/passionate/ as you.

NAG1

Seriously though who is going to take it on, dont think interest in the county hurling team has ever been lower, who is going to take on the task of rebuilding?

Any candidates?

milltown row

Dinny Cahill, Gilligan? Pa Joe Whelan (or his son)

Mickey Harte might be looking a job, or the only antrim all ireland winning coach Micky McCullough (oh he cant works for the ulster council)

Seamus Elliot Christ I'm running out of ideas. how about big Ciaran Barr?  doing well with the Dublin under 21's and an Antrim legend

NAG1

MR hope the tongue firmly in cheek there, though  the loughgiel boys will be happy with either dinny or pa joe  ;)

SE wouldnt be interested and thinking even mentioing MMcC is a bit insulting to the post.

milltown row

totally in cheek, but its a sad state of affairs that we cant among ourselves think of anyone realistically looking to take the team.

stop you slagging the Loughgiel lads. check website there. still no official date/venue for Glenariffe v Dunloy.

i know minder said Loughgiel sat night but.....

wideball - ffs ref

;)  HI MR, lot of talk in Casement last night that the bold CJ was bouncing a few cheques among his own clubmates.  That lad needs his teeth rattled if you ask me!

I see the old St. John's trait of adopting the dirt tactics was very evident last night in Casement also.  Three sent off, they are an absolute disgrace!
Doc John, surely Hamill will not be that cheap!

NAG1

A loughgiel man giving off about discipline, tut tut

wideball - ffs ref

Was'nt there some talk that Cyril Farrell was being approached, any developments on this?  He would be a good choice, McCarthy would be even better, but Justin is probably not that stupid!

What about 'Skull', would he be a good candidate, would he have the shoulders for it?

wideball - ffs ref

Quote from: NAG1 on August 24, 2009, 04:04:36 PM
A loughgiel man giving off about discipline, tut tut

Discipline and the 'Dirt' are two distinctly different things pal!

NAG1

Im not your pal and getting players sent off is exactly the same ragardless and loughgiel have no room to be running another clubs record down in that regard.

milltown row

Quote from: wideball - ffs ref on August 24, 2009, 04:02:34 PM
;)  HI MR, lot of talk in Casement last night that the bold CJ was bouncing a few cheques among his own clubmates.  That lad needs his teeth rattled if you ask me!

I see the old St. John's trait of adopting the dirt tactics was very evident last night in Casement also.  Three sent off, they are an absolute disgrace!

surprised at you bitting at bar talk. sure cheques are finished i'd say in most establishments. and i doubt your from Loughgiel if you were in Casement last night i think in fact your a WUM.

wideball - ffs ref

Quote from: NAG1 on August 24, 2009, 04:09:24 PM
Im not your pal and getting players sent off is exactly the same ragardless and loughgiel have no room to be running another clubs record down in that regard.

Of course youre not my pal, and I am the happier for that.  Dunloy are extremely good at running other clubs down.  By the way, I was not running clubs down, just stating the facts! Them St. John's fellas - dirty = dirty kew tours!

wideball - ffs ref

Quote from: milltown row on August 24, 2009, 04:16:37 PM
Quote from: wideball - ffs ref on August 24, 2009, 04:02:34 PM

surprised at you bitting at bar talk. sure cheques are finished i'd say in most establishments. and i doubt your from Loughgiel if you were in Casement last night i think in fact your a WUM.

Wrong on two counts!  I do hail from Loughgeil and I was at Casement last night also.

theskull1

Lets be clear here

Rebuilding "Antrim hurling" will take more than a good appointment at County Level.
We need an administration that takes on board the frustrations of the playing population in terms of the how club games are fitted around county preparations in May/June/July which means weeks of inactivity and then all hell breaks loose in August. Unless you are a dyed in the wool hurling man you wouldn't stand for that especially when you know the effort required from Jan/Feb time. We also need an administration that accepts that without improvements in the standard of the club/school game accross all county then improvements at County level will be a pipe dream regardless of who takes it on.

But we /they have a record of making the same mistakes and have this over inflated notion of where we should be on the hurling map whilst ignoring the reality that the foundations of the game are being eroded by the way the game is controlled by intercounty preparations.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera