Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: NAG on April 02, 2009, 12:00:17 PM
Guys I was using their tenure to do anything other than illustrate the point.

This was the first good bunch we have brought the the development system with all its flaws but instead of following up the good work with sound practice it was thrown away.
There needs to be a complete overhall and no matter what manager is incharge from u10 club to u13 development squad right through to the top that they are working to that system.

And when you go looking for body's to do what people think is needed (and it is) there is sadly not enough people with the right skills & the time and energy to do them. Most dedicated coaches are beavering away in their clubs who are already stretched as it is. In KK and the likes they must have additional coaching resources at hand to work development systems properly.

There are plenty of eager volunteers but sadly there are too many lazy bastards relying on too few to do all the work up here.

How do you convince these people that they need to get involved?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG

I think that central council have a duty of care to the GAA in belfast and this means an injection of funds to help coaching in the city in the schools and in the clubs.

Yes the people on the ground are limited but i think that if a clear system can be put in place as too how we develop our kids into being competitive on the national stage then people can buy into it and be part of it. They will see their place in the grand scheme of things even if that means they are coaching the u8's at their club. Each stage will have a place on the ladder to getting top class hurlers out at the other end.

NAG

Any word on the team for the laois game?

clootfromthe21

Quote from: NAG on April 03, 2009, 01:54:43 PM
Any word on the team for the laois game?

Think Woody is quoted in the IN as saying they are holding off until tomorrow as there are a few injury issues.

clootfromthe21

C&P win 3-10 to 1-12 - fair play to them!

slow corner back

Excellent stuff from CPC, were you at the match cloot

clootfromthe21

Quote from: slow corner back on April 04, 2009, 06:32:45 PM
Excellent stuff from CPC, were you at the match cloot

Nope - got a couple of texts from some one who was. C&P had a man sent off after about 10 minutes but led at the half 2-6 to 0-3 with the assistance of a strong wind. Obviously held on a bit in the second half. Apparently Clarke in at corner forward was the star of the show.

slow corner back

Winning the thing at all is some achievment but to do it with 14 men is amazing. Fair play to Joe Cassidy and Oran Kearney they have made some difference there. Young Clark is meant to be a clinker from people I have talked to although I have not seen him myself.

Guillem2

Well done the Ballycastle school. What level is this competition?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Glensman

I think it would probably be described as the "B" Schools.
Cross and Passion were pretty dominant with only 1-1 or 1-2 coming from play from the Dublin crowd.
Very good standard and some good hurlers on show who will hopefully now join the county minor set up.

Full back Donnelly was a beast of a man and scored a couple of wind assisted frees from inside his own forty. If he keeps the weight off, speeds up a little he has alot to offer as his touch was super.
The midfield and half back line were strong.
Number 10 dropped back in to cover the wing half back who had been sent off and did well throwing himself about.
Up front Clark(e?) was the star of the show - he was ploughing a lone furrow up there (abley assisted now and again by the full forward). His goal in the second half was the mark of a real future star and came at a good time for Cross and Passion.

Cassidy and Kearney deserve immense praise for what they have done there. Was a great atmosphere and great for the school and the town.
Hard work does pay off and they showed it.

Two Hands FFS

Antrim 2-18 Laois 0-18. Good result.

Minder

Antrim were 2-14 to 0-8 up at one stage
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

slow corner back

Is that the final score two hands? Good result alright and a pleasant surprise :)

slow corner back

According to Drici Karl Stewart scored 2-6 fair dues to him

slow corner back

From the county website Cross & Passion College Ballycastle won the O'Keefe Cup (All Ireland College B Hurling) at Pairc Esler Newry on Saturday when they beat Colaiste Eoin from Dublin by 3-12 to 1-11 in a thrilling final.
The North Antrim boys were dominant during the opening half when playing with the aid of stiff breeze, and two goals from Ciaran Clarke and one from Matthew Donnelly gave them a three goal interval lead, despite playing for most of the half with fourteen men after having a player sent-off after just five minutes.
The Dublin college fought back well in the second half but Cross & Passion were always in control and sealed the school's first All Ireland hurling title with a seven point win.
Scorers – C Clarke 2-6; M Donnelly 1-2; S Jenning 0-3; C McAfee 0-1

Very good win well done to all involved