Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Wouldnt be surprised if it is Johnny Ping composing that post then replying to himself.............An apple a day
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Guillem2

:D :D :D. I know who I think looks pathetic in this particular argument.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Minder

I have given them my tuppence worth, not sure it will be "aired" though.

imtommygunn

I fail to see what is that bad that is written on this site.

Sure let them read a board like the Derry board if they want to see a bad one.

Whoever runs the county site, and they post here too I'm sure, needs to realise that free speech is allowed. Don't get me wrong the site looks good but the admin's attitude leaves a bit to be desired.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Glensman

I also fail to see what is bad that is written on this site.  It is indeed an independent website - read it or don't.

If there are spurious/pathetic comments on here then who in their right mind would put any stock/value behind them. The mumblings of a few interested folk don't have to be listened to but a forum where people can share their ideas, stories, theories, reports should not and cannot be shut down. The freedom of speech is something that can never be taken away.
The people that on here that last, that check it regularly enough or drop in and out when free, that make comments/suggestions are dedicated enough hurling/football men (in my opinion) that take the time to do so.

The one and main stick that is used to beat this and other sites is that of the anonymity "those hiding behind internet aliases". This type of forum and the honesty that it brings can only exist where there is a form of anonymity. I say nothing on here that I wouldn't say to my friends, those of whom I speak to about the GAA and about things Antrim hurling (and football) but I am not willing to put my name on this site for someone who has played against me, doesn't like me for other reasons (like kissing his ex), has had a bad morning etc to be allowed to undermine me (or try to) by some stupid personal vendetta. You have to realise this.

Take it as the suggestion/comment box at mass - the priest can read the suggestions/comments, have a chuckle, take them on board or dispel them immediately.
When I personally feel strongly enough to go past that veil of anonymity I will and I have to the relevant people.

By constantly referring to 'the website' or the 'independent message board' others and Eyes & Ears are actually publicising that it exists.
Eyes and Ears - if you are out there you are welcome to come on here and discuss the debate and any spurious/pathetic comments that have been made.

This site is moderated by men who encourage GAA debate. Some on here have stepped out of line, have made personal allegations/comments and such like and have been warned or removed and not allowed to post again.

Grow up a little.

Glensman

And...

How did the trial match go last night for the Junior/Intermediate hurlers. Anyone up at it? Anyone stand out?
Might be a PR exercise but if it unearths a couple of hurlers then it has served its purpose.

sail_in

QuoteHow did the trial match go last night for the Junior/Intermediate hurlers. Anyone up at it? Anyone stand out?

I wasn't up at it or anything but I texted one of the lads in our club asking how they got on.  He said that the "county" beat Gortnamona by 6 (I assume that was Gorts minus Nipper Quinn though).  He said that there were a couple of poor enough players at it, but that overall the standard wasn't bad and it was a good game.

PS - well done to whoever came up with the idea of having the trial like this - a game that would have a wee bit of bite in it rather than just dividing the players at the trial into 2 teams.  Better for the players at the trial, better for the selectors watching it, and a worthwhile exercise for Gorts too - it wouldn't be easy getting competitive games at this time of year!

Glensman

Quinn injured Sail In?
Hope not.

Agree with the praise of the idea.

sail_in

QuoteQuinn injured Sail In?

Naw - as far as I know he's working down in Dublin full time now, that's all!

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on November 05, 2008, 08:48:14 AM
I have given them my tuppence worth, not sure it will be "aired" though.

Apart from the few posts about someones personal life which was quickly nipped in the bud this thread is one of the more rational on the discussion board with a bit of slagging but nothing out of the ordinary.

milltown row

Name : StayoutsidetheCasementSocialClub05 November 2008County Admin.

Such rantings from contributors of the G**B**** Forum does not warrant in my view, your measured and intelligent responses. you should really ignore these begrudgers and certainly do not permit them to even attempt to justify their supposed loyalty to our county. These persons it must be said have no valid contribution to make to our county's development. Let them rant, critisise, ridicule, lambast, defame and offend who ever they wish to via the safe haven of their devious and deceptive antics on their preciuos little forum.

Certainly do not permit them to grace the county website or guestbook with such meaningless diatribe. Their foul mouths and negativity have no place here!

The Skull and his cohorts, have started believing their own press and they do actually belive they are making some form of positive contribution to the development of Antrim Hurling. There is currently a high degree of paranoia setting in among them also, they actually believe a members of the county executive have been infiltrating their forum recently, an in fact masquerading as the couty Chairman, Dr. McSparran. you may now appreciate the level of intelligence (or lack of) you are dealing with here. Ostracise the G**B**** contributors!

there he is,  i thought we lost ya ::) ::)

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on November 05, 2008, 07:09:00 PM
Name : StayoutsidetheCasementSocialClub05 November 2008County Admin.

Such rantings from contributors of the G**B**** Forum does not warrant in my view, your measured and intelligent responses. you should really ignore these begrudgers and certainly do not permit them to even attempt to justify their supposed loyalty to our county. These persons it must be said have no valid contribution to make to our county's development. Let them rant, critisise, ridicule, lambast, defame and offend who ever they wish to via the safe haven of their devious and deceptive antics on their preciuos little forum.

Certainly do not permit them to grace the county website or guestbook with such meaningless diatribe. Their foul mouths and negativity have no place here!

The Skull and his cohorts, have started believing their own press and they do actually belive they are making some form of positive contribution to the development of Antrim Hurling. There is currently a high degree of paranoia setting in among them also, they actually believe a members of the county executive have been infiltrating their forum recently, an in fact masquerading as the couty Chairman, Dr. McSparran. you may now appreciate the level of intelligence (or lack of) you are dealing with here. Ostracise the G**B**** contributors!

there he is,  i thought we lost ya ::) ::)

Just noticed that Milltown, he is nothing more than a "contempible, anonymous lunatic"..........Come back Stayoutsidethesquare/Non Charlatan/Bob The Builder/Shit for Brains.......(The last two were suggestions for your next "handle")......

antrimexile

The Antrim hurling league is a shambles.  Cushendall treat it with contempt, as too did Ballycastle in the 1980s.  (Can anyone name who won the league betwenn 1980 and say 2000??  I can not.  Yet I know who won and lost every Co. championship final in those years. )

Antrim club players need more meaningful games, ie championship games!  Games with "intensity".
play the league off in jan + feb -like the waterford crystal/ or Leinster league that antrim won in 2008.   
Then play the championship off: as a round robin/ league format-ONLY with Antrim teams.   The Ards teams are good, however, they DO NOT help Antrim hurling!  Do you see Kilkenny being accomodating to say Carlow teams? 
The Ards teams can look to Down or the Ulster league......

Also we need an outsider as manager.  We are too bitter at club level!  Dinny Cahill did okay in 2002+2003.  Sambo was a great player, but is a hopeless manager!  We need an outsider.  In the early 1980s Offaly got - Healy from Kilkenny, reorganised the club championship, started afresh-with players who did not hate each other........
If Antrim have ambition-which i doubt!  We should approach Ger Loughnane or Tony Considine.

JamesH

The Antrim league was the best league for years. The divisions next year look to be fantastic with all leagues well matched, i am looking forward to the start of a competitive competition.
The County Down teams playing in our league help the quality, and lets call a spade a spade by them being in division one should spur the likes of Rossa, St Johns ,Glenariffe, to work harder, but it isn't it just presents another excuse for those clubs whose parishes are no bigger and in the case of Rossa and St Johns actually much smaller. For years we have heard about this problem but these teams and perhaps St Pauls have become yo yo teams going between div 1 & 2, is that the fault of the down clubs? NO not enough work is being done and in Glenarriffes case their age old problem of discipline let them down again. If we got rid of the Down clubs the Standard would fall greatly as there would be no meaningful relegation or promotion. this would leave only 3/4 clubs actually trying to improve leaving the rest further behind and Antrim Hurling in a far worse state than it is now.
My own club Ruairi Ogs didn't treat the competition with contemp i can assure you we fought in club all year about our performances, but we have injury's that we haven't had before any many at once hindering our team and as we are constantly told our panel isn't that big or strong. Mc Manus , Elliott, McKillop, Kearney, Scullion, Monty and Shane weren't playing in the league, we were playing kids. No league performances mean no gates mean club in large debt which in Cushendall as all over NA is not acceptable.
The leagues will work but need time and not self intrest for the greater good.