Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

The C & P Team are spread out from all over North Antrim. 4/5 from Ballycastle who would be U16, with some good hurlers, 3 or 4 from Glenshesk, 1 from Glenariffe & Cushendall, 2 from Loughgiel & Cloughmills. Think they are pretty young team

St Marys have some great hurlers in their team..Shannon, Rocks, Devlin & McClean.

Minder

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on October 29, 2008, 09:37:27 PM
The C & P Team are spread out from all over North Antrim. 4/5 from Ballycastle who would be U16, with some good hurlers, 3 or 4 from Glenshesk, 1 from Glenariffe & Cushendall, 2 from Loughgiel & Cloughmills. Think they are pretty young team

St Marys have some great hurlers in their team..Shannon, Rocks, Devlin & McClean.

Who from Glenariffe Two Hands? Is it Niall Leech?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NonCharlatan

Quote from: theskull1 on October 29, 2008, 08:27:36 PM
I think we're all trying to say the similar things guys so we should not be looking too hard to find faults in the small print.

NC just to answer your question which I do find a strange one given what we're discussing "what are people on an Antrim Hurling forum doing about it?  That really is the question.  "

I would say that at least 70%-80% of contributers on the Antrim Hurling forum are as interested about our game as anybody you'll find in Antrim and that they each play important roles in the development and success of their clubs. That is a guess. Why else would people spend their time voicing opinions if they were not prepared to stand behind them and be part of the change that they would like to see? Just because Admin on the Antrim website thinks were wasters doesn't make it true.

I agree 100% with this BTW

QuoteWe can coach and equip our young people with the right skills, techniques etc, etc.  but if they continue be exposed to Seniors hurlers trying to knock seven buckets of Sh** out of each other, you have to ask what example are we leading by.  Young lads being exposed to such things creates the scenario where it is viewed as the norm and acceptable.  This is not what improving the standard of hurling is about, well not in my book.

Physicality, speed of action, speed of mind, pace, guile, craft, cohesion, stick work and instilling self belief is were we really need to get to. In my view, and remember, it is only my view, I honestly don't believe we have the aforementioned attributes nor the physical human resources  and maybe the commitment and desire to archive such things.  I am also of the opinion, the County Board, Ulster Council and particularly those non active/non-traditional hurling clubs in our county have a major role to play.  Hurling needs to be treated with parity not as second fiddle to football.

The key point I am trying to make here Skull, is that nothing is ever going to change by talking in this forum.  Change may only happen from within, not out on the periphery. There also needs to be a a major desire for persons to get up off their ass, be brave, challenge and lead from the front.  People in this forum can talk all day and pay lip service to all the suggestions in the world as to how to improve our standard of hurling.  Until such times the mold is broken at Casement, County Convention, Ulster Council and to some degree at Pairc an Crocáig, and until new blood, vision and energy are forthcoming, the status quo will remain.  Lets not kid ourselves about this!
I might be in the wrong place, but sure 'Immortality Beckons'

Two Hands FFS

No, I think Niall Murray plays for them.

Cross & Passion : J Black, M Scally, M Donnelly, R McCloskey, N Murray, J McCouaig, D McPeake, C Laverty capt, S Smyth, S Jennings 1-1, J McBride 1-0, S McKee, S McCambridge 1-0, S Birt, C Clarke 0-4frees.
Sub : S McAfee 0-1 for S Jennings (inj).

From Antrim website

youngfella

I havent posted or read here in ages, what have i missed?
Pull hard and early

NonCharlatan

Quote from: youngfella on October 29, 2008, 09:53:54 PM

Everyone is debating whether to bring the 'Assessor' back.  Voter early and vote often. The man from North Antrim - he say 'YES' !

theskull1

Quote from: youngfella on October 29, 2008, 09:53:54 PM

It's quite common for young men to drop their friends and pasttimes whenever they get a woman
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

Quote from: NonCharlatan on October 29, 2008, 09:42:26 PM
I think we're all trying to say the similar things guys so we should not be looking too hard to find faults in the small print.

NC just to answer your question which I do find a strange one given what we're discussing "what are people on an Antrim Hurling forum doing about it?  That really is the question.  "

I would say that at least 70%-80% of contributers on the Antrim Hurling forum are as interested about our game as anybody you'll find in Antrim and that they each play important roles in the development and success of their clubs. That is a guess. Why else would people spend their time voicing opinions if they were not prepared to stand behind them and be part of the change that they would like to see? Just because Admin on the Antrim website thinks were wasters doesn't make it true.

QuoteWe can coach and equip our young people with the right skills, techniques etc, etc.  but if they continue be exposed to Seniors hurlers trying to knock seven buckets of Sh** out of each other, you have to ask what example are we leading by.  Young lads being exposed to such things creates the scenario where it is viewed as the norm and acceptable.  This is not what improving the standard of hurling is about, well not in my book.

Physicality, speed of action, speed of mind, pace, guile, craft, cohesion, stick work and instilling self belief is were we really need to get to. In my view, and remember, it is only my view, I honestly don't believe we have the aforementioned attributes nor the physical human resources  and maybe the commitment and desire to archive such things.  I am also of the opinion, the County Board, Ulster Council and particularly those non active/non-traditional hurling clubs in our county have a major role to play.  Hurling needs to be treated with parity not as second fiddle to football.

The key point I am trying to make here Skull, is that nothing is ever going to change by talking in this forum.  Change may only happen from within, not out on the periphery. There also needs to be a a major desire for persons to get up off their ass, be brave, challenge and lead from the front.  People in this forum can talk all day and pay lip service to all the suggestions in the world as to how to improve our standard of hurling.  Until such times the mold is broken at Casement, County Convention, Ulster Council and to some degree at Pairc an Crocáig, and until new blood, vision and energy are forthcoming, the status quo will remain.  Lets not kid ourselves about this!

unless us posters are committee men then we cant really put forward our ideas untill the clubs AGM's. then we can put forward a motion that we think will make things better.

NonCharlatan

Quote from: milltown row on October 29, 2008, 10:04:16 PM

I see you are impressed MR!

theskull1

The key point I am trying to make here Skull, is that nothing is ever going to change by talking in this forum.  Change may only happen from within, not out on the periphery. There also needs to be a a major desire for persons to get up off their ass, be brave, challenge and lead from the front.  People in this forum can talk all day and pay lip service to all the suggestions in the world as to how to improve our standard of hurling.  Until such times the mold is broken at Casement, County Convention, Ulster Council and to some degree at Pairc an Crocáig, and until new blood, vision and energy are forthcoming, the status quo will remain.  Lets not kid ourselves about this!

You're right but its good to talk about it here, then actually go and do what you can do away from this forum. Some will still be players, some coaches, others administartors. Everybody will be trying I'm sure to improve hurling. Individuals can only do so much. Collectively that individual effort is making a difference I believe at N Antrim level. County Board level is another question altogether

milltown row

i played against one of these lads this year, what way do the transfers work :-\

oh and fair play to Emments. do they play in the interm. Ulster Championship or staright through to the 1/4 or semi fianls

Minder

Is that Oisin Scullion, Odhrans younger brother on the back row?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Stayousidethesquare

MR did you ever play for the County? Skull, Nag,Minder, NC just like to see how many posters on this forum actually played at their highest level for whatever period. Not trying to have a free one mind you, its just to gauge the level of experience of the forum.

theskull1

Don't expect people who you accuse of being gutless and a coward to actually converse with you ..................unless I missed that apology

NonCharlatan

Quote from: theskull1 on October 30, 2008, 08:15:15 AM
Don't expect people who you accuse of being gutless and a coward to actually converse with you ..................unless I missed that apology

Hi Skull my firend.

I agree, don't talk to the 'Square' Fec***, he/she is only trying to wind you up.  I think he is a she Camóg anyway and a real wind up merchant.  Floats in and out of here without as much as a 'by your leave'.  I am not in impressed by such hit and run tactics.

So Square, from all us intellectual posters, stay well outside the square!