Loughgiel to lead all the way and win by 7pts
2-14 to 1-10!

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Cushendall 0-14 Loughguile 0-6, poor match. Loughguile are just not good enough

Lecale2

Very poor match that never really got going. Cushendall were stronger all over the pitch.

theskull1

The dall at a complete doddle. Has a team had to do so little hurling to win a championship? The same old body language was there from the start of the second half from Loughgiel who apart from a few gave up the ghost about 30 minutes too soon. Some very steady performances from the dall with Elliott, Graffin and McNaughton standing out for them, but in truth no one on their team was below par. The reality was they sensed the fear of losing from their opponents and took the game to loughgiel in all sectors of the pitch. Thought Loughgiel substitutions didn't help their cause especially Benny Dillon who has been very consistent all year. Missed a couple of balls and next thing he's on the line. Didn't make sense to me although it never was going to have an affect on the result though.

Agree with the other comments that overall it was quite a poor game for the neutral
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Last Man

Loughgiel just not up to the mark with or without Watson, the Dall should have been further ahead at the mid point but were guilty of over elaborating in attack and wasting chances . Elliott was powerfull, also really enjoyed Graffin's display, best CB in Antrim at the minute.

milltown row

for once the half time in the football game was more exciting than the hurlinhg game. very poor spectacle for the supporters, game of defences and Cushendall held sway. credit to cushendall and ya have to wonder about Loughgiel, we would have put in a better performance that what happened there.

embarrassed for them totaly. but the thing is they will be back next year for sure :-\

i'll get a proper report in tomorrow, headin to bed had a couple already :P

Minder

I cant understand why some posters on here were tipping Loughguile to win, what were you basing it on? Who was going to get the scores? This wasnt the capitulation that Loughguile suffered in 2006, they are just an average team when Watson isnt firing on all cylinders. The standard was pretty poor and Cushendall would need to improve to get out of Ulster, the likes of Brian Delargy, Declan Mc Killop and to a lesser extent Conor Monty posed very little threat to Loughguile. Cushendalls win was built on the success of their half back line, Mc Manus cleared a pile of ball but did a lot of it unopposed. Couldnt understand Loughguile leaving young Campbell there as long. In fairness their options were limited. As for the "Who the f**k is Winker" chant by a section of the Cushendall crowd, keep it for the soccer matches.........

slow corner back

Poor final. When Watson does not score 10 points for loughgiel they have very little left. Neil McManus is very strong in the tackle, won every 50-50 and every 40-60 come to that. Shane McNaughten the only forward on show who could score from play, got 0-6 by my counting as much as the whole loughgiel team. Overall C,dall much too strong Mc Manus, McNaughten, K Elliot and Sean Delargy very good everyone else did what was needed, the dall won every 50-50 all over the pitch. For loughgiel, 0-15 conceded is just about acceptable although I thought Johnny Campbell struggled today and did not catch one puck out as far as I could see. Declan McKillop did a good wrecking job there for the dall. As fot Loughgiels forwards, the less said the better.

Assessor

Tis smee.

Boy, a boys, a boys!

A very poor game witnessed today.  Lougheil, appeared to be  washed out following on from their superb performance against Dunloy.  Watson and McCloskey, were certainly a great loss.  Having said that, fair play to Cushendall, they performed well and were certainly the better team on the day!  Good luck to them.

The referee, despite all ye begrudgers and whingers prejudging the referee during the course of last week should be ashamed of yourselves.  In my opinion the referee had a great game. He let the game flow where possible and controlled the game throughout.  Fair play to him also!

Why is it, ye fellas are always very quicjk to blow your mouths off and criticise others who are doing their bit for the Association, County and the game of hurling?  You really should think twice and engage the brains before the gobs!  I doubt some of ye guys (big women) would be man enough to take whistle in hand and put yourselves in the black & green position in a juvenile game, never mind a All County Hurling Final.  Shame on ye all.  Let this type of claptrap, character assassination and abuse and passing judgement on a good referee cease!

Remember, I could be watching ye in the futrue, but I doubt an of ye are man enough for the refereeing role!
'The Profound Assessor'

Minder

The ref had an ok game,he didnt have a great game

milltown row

assessor stop talking keek, more referees on this forum than ya think, Garret did really well, a lot to do with the game and tempo (which was a lot slower than Wed night)

was slagging Paddy Quinn after the football match.........7 MINUTES INJURY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WILDNESS

Will  be hard to judge the Dall  after this match, could be Dungivens year, did anyone think bringing on Jackie Carson(although in is day great) was a statement of "we've nothing coming through" give youth  a chance please.

Graffin was my man off the match

Minder

I thought that too milltown, they couldnt have too much faith in their bench when they brought big Jackie on. Mc Manus was my man of match,Graffin played well but his man was out in front of him a fair few times.

Fairhead

Quote from: Minder on September 28, 2008, 08:49:10 PM
I cant understand why some posters on here were tipping Loughguile to win, what were you basing it on? Who was going to get the scores? This wasnt the capitulation that Loughguile suffered in 2006, they are just an average team when Watson isnt firing on all cylinders. The standard was pretty poor and Cushendall would need to improve to get out of Ulster, the likes of Brian Delargy, Declan Mc Killop and to a lesser extent Conor Monty posed very little threat to Loughguile. Cushendalls win was built on the success of their half back line, Mc Manus cleared a pile of ball but did a lot of it unopposed. Couldnt understand Loughguile leaving young Campbell there as long. In fairness their options were limited. As for the "Who the f**k is Winker" chant by a section of the Cushendall crowd, keep it for the soccer matches.........

Totally agree with the first couple of points; just who are going to get Loughgiel's scores when Watson is not fit? Until they resolve that problem and get a real leader or two on the pitch i cant see them winning a championship unless they are gifted it. C'dall just did what they had to do as they should have won by much more given their half back line was totally dominant in the 20 minutes after half time. And what did Loughgiel do to break that dominance down they brought off a midfielder who had done ok and brought on a minor who hardly touched a ball!

Cushendall will have to improve to see off Kevin Lynches and whoever wins Down.