Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

i own nothing, though a foot in each team will be all i'll say 8), seems like a fair enough fixture date, what shape McClean will be in after the Wicklow game?(depending on wining it) Andy McClean keeps himself fitter than most players so he should be up for the battle.

the McGourty's will be playing Kevin the Ex dual county player and Keiran Cj still in the states.

the Manager is Michael Gribbon (ex player) and Pat Sheehan

we'll stick with Loughgiel for a while, if it's close with ten to go it would get interesting, but sur you only get it out what ya put in.

themanwhowasntthere, what game will you be Watching? would it be at the Bear Pit?

NAG

I hope you tongue was firmly in your cheek when you were using the ex-dual star line milltown!

slow corner back

Quote from: theskull1 on July 30, 2008, 02:04:56 PM
FFS
Dunloy centenary festival begins this weekend and the CCC can't even fix a game in the village...WTF

The Armoy v  Clooney match was originally fixed for Dunloy, why was it moved?

Fairhead

The only SHC match i can see being competitive for 60 mins is Rossa and St Johns and St Johns might edge it. St Galls to push Loughgiel for 35/40 mins with Loughgiel coming through ok and the same goes for Glenariffe with C'dall coming through unscathed.

Unfortunately i'm not even sure that Ballycastle will keep it competitive to half time against Dunloy.

Knockout or qualifying groups, it don't matter; C'dall, Dunloy, and L'giel will make the semis and this years token 4th place in the semis will go to the Johnnies.

NAG

Yeah thats how I would see it and I would have to say that this is the problem with the county at the moment there is not enough competition, yes the big clubs are going to be hard to beat but what are the other clubs doing about it?

Ballycaslt won the u21 championship last year and are barely struggling to get a senior team out, what is going on there?

milltown row

well after last night training session (the highest attended since last years pre championship training) i can safely say we will push Loughgiel for 45-50 mins. the wining margins the last few years between us have been around the 4\5 points mark. if we are still in with a shout at the 50 mark then i'll be happy.

St Johns will blow Rossa out of the water unless it's a real wet day and the scores will be harder to come by. Dunloy will win but not by the margin everyone is talking about, Cushendall will win handy.... in the end

should be good talking points come monday ;D

theskull1

Recommendation to all keepers this weekend

Tie a six yard leash round the post and hook up to it everytime you set uo to take your puck outs.  :)

Expect 3 points from 65's as a result of this new trendy infraction over the weekend
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG

Aye there is always one of these obscure rules shown up in a big game and then it affects the rest of the matches around the country the following weekend.

Cant see any upsets at the weekend to be honest, I would have thought that if st galls were going to make the break through with this team it would have happened a couple of years ago now and really dont think they are up to it now.

Glenarriffe were heading in the right direction a couple of years ago but they have fallen away dramatically in the last season or so.

Ballycastle cant convert good underage talent into senior talent and until they do so they are going no where.

Rossa always a traditional power could really struggle to get back to the big time now, as a club I am fearful for them unless they start to put in some serious graft there could be a death knell chiming for them as a club.

The usual suspects to progress!

youngfella

Quote from: theskull1 on July 31, 2008, 05:29:34 PM
Expect 3 points from 65's as a result of this new trendy infraction over the weekend

Im confused what do you mean skull ?
Pull hard and early

milltown row

well, the referee will award 65's for the puck being taken from outside the small box.

will the umpires give secret signs to the referee? not sure if thats offical practice

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: milltown row on August 01, 2008, 11:51:52 AM
well, the referee will award 65's for the puck being taken from outside the small box.

will the umpires give secret signs to the referee? not sure if thats offical practice

Sounds like the Masonic Lodge has taken over.

theskull1

Quote from: youngfella on August 01, 2008, 11:43:16 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on July 31, 2008, 05:29:34 PM

Im confused what do you mean skull ?

Did you not see the Munster U21 final?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

playwiththewind1st

4.15 To take the puck-out from outside the small
rectangle.
PENALTY - 65m free opposite where the
foul occurred.

It's certainly not new, may be tendy at the minute tho.

playwiththewind1st

Will she be on duty at Casement for Rossa v St John's ??

:D

milltown row

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on August 01, 2008, 12:08:42 PM
Quote from: milltown row on August 01, 2008, 11:51:52 AM

Sounds like the Masonic Lodge has taken over.

no i'd say more like the Knights of C