Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

Why should we feel disappointed?

He is a good hurler no denying, he has no committment to anything he has ever been involved in. He only ever thinks about himself and no one else, he no qualms in screwing over his mates 5 days before their game.

Why should we be loyal to him when he has no loyalty to anything.
As I have said in the past on here this is what the loughgiel club and S&W get for pandering to his every whim!

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Jack_Black on June 27, 2008, 10:16:47 AM
cloot, what are you saying?

do you think S&W should start him after missing training to play a soccer match?

imo his free taking hasnt been great this year, and there are plenty of people who could hit them

Jack,

Simply asking what people think - nothwithstanding the team as named, will the two boys actually start him anyway? My own view is that somebody somewhere has to stop pandering to him and letting him get away with that sort of craic.

As for the frees, I have to agree with you that he has been very erratic with them over the last while. That said, who apart from McKeegan will hit them in his absence?

theskull1

Quote from: groundlie on June 27, 2008, 04:33:59 PM
McCrory has been in good form for us (st johns) all year, seemed to go well enough in the national league but hasnt got a look in since. S&W seem to have there favorites, sheilds, hippy, etc etc. Suppose they are all young players.

Quote from: groundlie on April 18, 2008, 03:16:56 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 18, 2008, 03:07:18 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 18, 2008, 03:06:16 PM
Or it could be yer boy from 'Dunloy' who devoted his avatar and signature to 'Brian McFall - Antrim's greatest ever hurler'.
Groundie or Groundlie or something.

I think he was sectioned under the mental health act.

I haven't gone away you know

WTF Groundie...make up your mind will you?

Should've realised that any Dunloy man cliaming Brian McFall as Antrim's greatest hurler had to be an imposter
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

groundlie

Keeping ye on your toes

theskull1

You're a cute hoor groundie  :)

groundlie

Lets leave the mothers of this  ;D

Baile an tuaigh

Just listening to the game on Galway fm. Twelve minutes into the second half and we are already 17 points down. No disrespect to anyone but are we ever going to "catch on" that we are clearly out of our depth at this level. We have limited resources probably 40 Hurlers to pick from and among them only five have any substantial class.

The fact is this. We can not blame management or the players because our resources are so small. Continuous bickering between club and County could be resolved if we would ever use common sense and not enter the Liam Mc Carthy. Play club Hurling and play it often. Let us enjoy the game again. Excuse my language but f##k this County s##t after 120 years of humiliations when is enough enough. Antrim would be best advised to give Waterford a walk over and leave it at that. How horrable and demorilising these results are for Antrim people.

Square Ball

what is the final score?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

slow corner back

Antrim 1-09 Galway 6-20 according to aertel  :-\

slow corner back

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 28, 2008, 04:50:04 PM
Just listening to the game on Galway fm. Twelve minutes into the second half and we are already 17 points down. No disrespect to anyone but are we ever going to "catch on" that we are clearly out of our depth at this level. We have limited resources probably 40 Hurlers to pick from and among them only five have any substantial class.

The fact is this. We can not blame management or the players because our resources are so small. Continuous bickering between club and County could be resolved if we would ever use common sense and not enter the Liam Mc Carthy. Play club Hurling and play it often. Let us enjoy the game again. Excuse my language but f##k this County s##t after 120 years of humiliations when is enough enough. Antrim would be best advised to give Waterford a walk over and leave it at that. How horrable and demorilising these results are for Antrim people.

There are as many hurlers in the county now as there were in the late eighties/ early ninetes when we were a force at national level. There are as many hurlers now as there were in 2002/3 when we came very close in two all ireland quarter finals. If we started off with the forty huirlers you mentioned treated them all equally trained the all up to the physical level required and instilled the appropriate discipline in the squad then we would not be suffering 20-30 point hidings on a regular basis. As recently as 2006 Jingo sent out a team in div 1 of the league who out of five matches won two lost two by less than a goal and only suffered one bad defeat all season. What was Jingos reward? The sack! You reap what you sow, its called Karma as Earl would say.

Minder

You can just about accept poor performances in the league as it is early in the season, fitness/skill levels will improve as the season goes on but at the end of June ? That was possibly the worst performance i have seen from Antrim in many a year, we all knew we were gonna get hammered but it was the manner of it that stuck in the throat. You wonder what they have been doing since October, i actually feel sorry for Galway as it was a useless exercise for them, they will learn nothing from it. When a ball was played in high to Iarla Tannion he blocked it down to himself every time......do you think he will get the chance to do that against Limerick or Cork who they will end up playing later in the summer? Brutal
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: slow corner back on June 28, 2008, 05:16:09 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 28, 2008, 04:50:04 PM

There are as many hurlers in the county now as there were in the late eighties/ early ninetes when we were a force at national level. There are as many hurlers now as there were in 2002/3 when we came very close in two all ireland quarter finals. If we started off with the forty huirlers you mentioned treated them all equally trained the all up to the physical level required and instilled the appropriate discipline in the squad then we would not be suffering 20-30 point hidings on a regular basis. As recently as 2006 Jingo sent out a team in div 1 of the league who out of five matches won two lost two by less than a goal and only suffered one bad defeat all season. What was Jingos reward? The sack! You reap what you sow, its called Karma as Earl would say.

No harm to you slow corner back but you are clearly delusional and a dreamer if you think Antrim Hurling was ever a force. But I shouldn't accuse you of something that I clearly was myself. After years of being at the wrong side of some horrible thrashings  I would consider myself now more of a "realist". It lets these painful humiliations more acceptable to take. If you want to talk a bout our great team in the late 80's because of a one game win against Offaly, well then we really are scrapping the barrel. If the championship then was the same format as today there would be no way Antrim would have made the final that year. 

The two quarter finals you talk a bout we lost to Tipperary by 10 points. I suppose that in itself is considered a success for us. Better than 20 or 30 points. We should have beaten a weakened Wexford team but for some woeful decisions by the officials. Lets remember though that this was a Wexford team In serious decline.

I do agree with you on jingo and lets not forget humpy that both men were royally shafted.

After coming so close with two good minor teams and instead of aiming for a good run at under 21 level we decided to throw our best youngsters in to the highest grade of Hurling. Where there confidence is being totally destroyed against stronger Senior opposition. Not to mention burn out and injuries.

I really have to put my hands up and be honest and say that after years off thumping's  I can't stomach it anymore. It puts me in very bad form. Especially when you love Hurling so much. I really believe that after today, if people are not convinced a bout Antrim competing in the Liam Mc Carthy then I think there isn't much hope for you.  Just play club Hurling for Christ's sake.

theskull1

The shylocks in the Antrim Cunty Board wouldn't allow it Baile an tuaigh. I agree totally and have argued the very same case myself. Lets not forget that this is not the first Antrim team to have got this type of pasting. More focus on developing club coaching standards (as are being done in N Antrim) and providing more regular matches at senior with a focus on improving standards all the time.

Have to question the County Board in all of this.......can someone tell me where their voice of leadership is in all of this. The way we do things needs to change....but try telling that to "admin" on the Antrim website and see how you get on ???

Minder

Another thing i noticed was the marked difference in the two teams warm up, Galway were doing their drills at full pelt whereas our boys were doing nice wee tippy tappy drills,flicking the ball to each other at a very moderate pace.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

It's back down to coaching Minder. If we never train at that pace then is it any wonder that we look so out of our depth against the big guns. Galway's movement and touch was light years ahead of Antrim's today

Comfort zone hurling ended for Antrim when the ball was thrown in. It was all a bit rushed and headless after that

What do you think yourself Mhic Easmuint? Have you anything to add or are you just prying