Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: milltown row on April 29, 2008, 12:18:50 PM
Can any of or contributors give anymore detail regarding the Johnnies and their problems understanding dates of birth. This seems to be a problem with the Feile  competition and managers not being able to recognise if someone is 15 or 14

And there's me thinking you frankies got your taches a lot earlier than us country bumpkins  ;D

Guillem2

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. If they are caught the whole club should be suspended. That type of cheating has no place in the GAA.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Two Hands FFS

They maybe entered their U21 team into the feile??

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: youngfella on April 28, 2008, 05:21:44 PM
What kinda training do ya have to do to become a hurling referee? was thinking about it!

Good luck with the refereeing. Thought this might help you. ;D

Referees Prayer

Before we take the field we pray,

Save us from abuse today.

Save us from disgruntled fans,

From bottles, toilet rolls and cans.

Give my legs the speed to keep the pace,

For the middle of the park is a lonely place.

When the game is over if disaster looms,

Guide us safely to the Dressing Rooms.

Protect my linesmen true and tall,

Let their eyes be sharp for the "off the ball."

To the lads in the dug out seething and fumin',

Remember lads we're only human.

Protect my umpires with their coats so bright,

Let their greens be green and their whites be white.

Let their eye and their vision be straight and true,

Let their errors, if any, be small and few.

And when at last our time is o'er.

And we're waiting at St.Peter's door,

He'll say "come in lads" with eyes full of glee,

"For your hell was on earth, you're the Referee.

P.O'Nuallain.

milltown row

no talk about tonights games lads? for us it's make or break with Ardoyne in div 4.......... oh sorry our seniors play Ballycran at Milltown tonight game for 7.  think it's a bit unfair for Ballycran coming up for that time but that's the way it goes. this could go a long in deciding who gets the one promotion place available.

we may slip up in the odd game but Ballycran wont. so should they win tonight i cant see them dropping any points the rest off the season. Glenariff play Ballycastle, another game that'll decide that league me thinks

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on April 30, 2008, 03:42:11 PM
no talk about tonights games lads? for us it's make or break with Ardoyne in div 4.......... oh sorry our seniors play Ballycran at Milltown tonight game for 7.  think it's a bit unfair for Ballycran coming up for that time but that's the way it goes. this could go a long in deciding who gets the one promotion place available.

we may slip up in the odd game but Ballycran wont. so should they win tonight i cant see them dropping any points the rest off the season. Glenariff play Ballycastle, another game that'll decide that league me thinks

Its looking that way, i didnt think The Johnnies would pick up those 4 pts as quickly. I dont think Portaferry and Ballygalget are as strong this year so there may be points there.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

So first impressions of the 8 team league lads? I reckon teams are a bit more focused

feel free to reply as well milltown  :-*
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Guillem2

Just got a call from a mate who referees. Gerry McC has txt all refs telling them not to post on GAA discussion boards! Any body know no why? My mate has no idea, thats why he called me. Anybody on here a ref?

As for the 8 team Div 1, it does focus minds and make every game important. I'm more annoyed about the 16 team Div 2/3!  >:(
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

youngfella

strange alright, wonder how they're going to police it?
Pull hard and early

Minder

Well they can f**king keep their nose out and keep to their own communist official site

Minder

Ballycastle 1-10 Glenariffe 1-10

JimStynes

Quote from: Minder on April 28, 2008, 02:32:38 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 28, 2008, 02:13:16 PM
If his name was noted for pulling the stick on someone's head, how long will he get? They'd have to throw the book at him. Heat of the moment and all, but how could you lash someone over the head with a hurl? Remember the Sambo incident? Fcuk me, that was scary. The silence was unbelievable.

That was about as bad/cowardly a stroke as i have seen on a hurling field.

What exactly did Sambo do that time. i heard he attacked the sub bench or something but have never heard the proper story?

imtommygunn

The story was that the B'castle boy called Sambo a "stuttering c**t" and Sambo just saw red and wound round the guys head. A bad incident and I think it did some damage to the boy but to be fair to Sambo it was completely out of character and I think he was very sorry he did it and never did the like of it again.

JimStynes

Was there not a story of him attacking a sub bench or something in a championship game. maybe i didnt catch the story right

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 30, 2008, 10:34:27 PM
The story was that the B'castle boy called Sambo a "stuttering c**t" and Sambo just saw red and wound round the guys head. A bad incident and I think it did some damage to the boy but to be fair to Sambo it was completely out of character and I think he was very sorry he did it and never did the like of it again.

The fact that it was out of character is irrelevant, it was an atrocious, gutless stroke and he could have done some serious damage. If that had of happened on the street he would have been up in court.