Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown raver

Milltown rower if i thought giving my job up as the club barman would help, I'd be more than willing  ;)
Maybe if i started a new club, Belfast Elite GAC, that would help the current predicament that Belfast hurling now finds itself in.  :P

Two Hands FFS

I think alot of the problem in the Belfast clubs is when players get to the age of 17 onwards when offer attractions catch their eye. At underage I have seem some cracking teams in Belfast that seem to lose interest when they reach their teens. Look at the Rossa minor teams of the late 90's..some cracking players but how many of them players are still playing..very few. There has to sustained effort put in at underage..not just cos you have a strong team, you have to work year in year out which is where the stronger North Antrim teams .If out of every minor team you get 2 or 3 to become good senior hurlers then it is job done.

Minder

Antrim 15/2 v Cork 1/14 Odds by Eastwoods
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

that says it all whats the handicap odds for that?

milltown row

will we get within 8 points? will be a tough one to call.

are cork going with the same team? or will some of the bigger stars coming back for this one?

cant believe i'm going to say this but bring the match to Ballycastle think it's the only place where the Cork team cant fly to.

nah only joking Casement should get a good crowd

theskull1

Every Antrim supporter should be told at the gate on the way in to "FFS make a bit of noise when you're in there"
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

I would have been a bit more confident of beating the handicap if we were playing them last week,but the dublin match will have brought cork on a heap as i fear we will find out on sunday

Rasmatazz:)

Boy all this passionate feeling towards these last 2 days of chat was seen by u guys on the pitch would be a good start . Doe's not take much for this web site to get rocking  :-*
stay cool boy's, away to take the micky out of the scouser's 8) for now stay cool  ;D

Minder

Quote from: Rasmatazz:) on March 13, 2008, 08:40:30 PM
Boy all this passionate feeling towards these last 2 days of chat was seen by u guys on the pitch would be a good start . Doe's not take much for this web site to get rocking  :-*
stay cool boy's, away to take the micky out of the scouser's 8) for now stay cool  ;D

Did your mother have any children that lived?

milltown row

Skull, standing in Dunloy watching Antrim play Wexford in silence the last time, anything would be an improvement on that.

at clones for the semi, now there was some atmosphere at that game

NAG

Milltown

I think it was shocked silence at the standard of the game.

I agree it is every saffrons duty to get to casement and make a bit of noise on sunday.

I hate to say it but hardstations 8 point bet looks like a good one.

Actually think that corks lay off will do them good in the next few months, means they could be tip top shape come championship time. Everyone knows how tough a nut dublin are to crack in parnell so was a big result for them last weekend.

Minder

Quote from: NAG on March 14, 2008, 09:23:59 AM
Milltown

I think it was shocked silence at the standard of the game.

I agree it is every saffrons duty to get to casement and make a bit of noise on sunday.

I hate to say it but hardstations 8 point bet looks like a good one.

Actually think that corks lay off will do them good in the next few months, means they could be tip top shape come championship time. Everyone knows how tough a nut dublin are to crack in parnell so was a big result for them last weekend.

Aye NAG will do Cork no harm, those fellas look after themselves all year round and a lay off will probably help them come the summer time, even though they were still training.

theskull1

It would be very easy for the County Board to take the initiative and put some stratagies in place to try and encourage people out of their silence. Games are much more enjoyable to watch when theres an atmosphere not to mention the benefit to the players. Everybody (including the kids who we want them to want to play the game) enjoys the buzz. I really wish the would do some PR on this.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Two Hands FFS

Cork team:

M. Coleman

S.O Neill
D.O Sullivan
S. Murphy

E. Cadogen
J. Gardiner
C. McGann

K. Hartnett
T. Kenny

T. McCarthy
B. Corry
K. Murphy, ERINS OWN

L. Desmond
K. Canty
P. Cronin

Minder

The terms "Antrim County Board" and "initiative" are mutually exclusive......