Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

we've a good chance of making a final this year if we play to our potential and keep our current form going but winning it, well im not sure about that. Cdall have a good well seasoned team there and will be hard to shift from the top spot. Loughgiel gave us a good pasting in the Feis Cup final and showed that they are still a serious contender after a lot of under par performance's this year.

Weds nights league meeting between ourselves and Lgiel will be more than interesting and will see where we stand. At the min im still in the 'were not there' camp in terms of winning a championship but these next few games will see where we are.

Im hopefully more than confident about winning it.
hurl like f**k boi!

Usain

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 08, 2017, 09:45:17 AM
we've a good chance of making a final this year if we play to our potential and keep our current form going but winning it, well im not sure about that. Cdall have a good well seasoned team there and will be hard to shift from the top spot. Loughgiel gave us a good pasting in the Feis Cup final and showed that they are still a serious contender after a lot of under par performance's this year.

Weds nights league meeting between ourselves and Lgiel will be more than interesting and will see where we stand. At the min im still in the 'were not there' camp in terms of winning a championship but these next few games will see where we are.

Im hopefully more than confident about winning it.

I think Dunloy are still maybe 3-5 years away from becoming the dominant force again. But who knows, if they scalp cdall it might happen. I think it'll be couple of years yet.

Great game in prospect at Rossa tomo night. Town in good form at the minute with the new management team. Rossa not looking so good coming into this. Winner takes all in terms of league survival. I'll take a spin across and watch this one. Fairly confident of a ballycastle win.

SillyAsFaugh

Heard rumblings of St. Endas fielding an illegal player in their preliminary game

paddyjohn

Quote from: SillyAsFaugh on August 08, 2017, 02:41:18 PM
Heard rumblings of St. Endas fielding an illegal player in their preliminary game

Heard that myself, he was underage apparently.

hurlingstick

Yes it's true regarding St Endas player and Armoy could have had them ejected from championship.

TheGeneral

Could of had them rejected?

Is that a past tense and they have decided to let St Endas to play?
Goals win championships

hurlingstick

SillyAsFaugh

Makes you wonder about the significance of rules, not a great advertisement

themac_23

Bad if clubs are complaining and getting a team thrown out for using an underage player...

SillyAsFaugh

Quote from: themac_23 on August 08, 2017, 04:20:50 PM
Bad if clubs are complaining and getting a team thrown out for using an underage player...

If they had of beaten my team or put them out later in a later championship round I wouldn't be pleased knowing that they shouldn't be in the competition.

Glentaisie

Quote from: Usain on August 08, 2017, 10:30:33 AM

Great game in prospect at Rossa tomo night. Town in good form at the minute with the new management team. Rossa not looking so good coming into this. Winner takes all in terms of league survival. I'll take a spin across and watch this one. Fairly confident of a ballycastle win.

I don't see how you work that out Usain.  Since Raymond was ousted they've played 2 teams that they'd played previously:
v Dunloy (May 14) 4 pt defeat
v Dunloy (Jul 27) 15 pt defeat

v Cloughmills (Apr 30) 10 pt win
v Cloughmills ( Aug 5) 9 pt win

So you could easily argue that they've gone back not improved.

I'd guess you're basing it on the fact that they've won their last couple of games but they've been against Cloughmills who haven't won a game all season and against Rossa who have been as you say " not looking so good coming into this".
So again I don't see any basis for thinking Ballycastle have improved.

I don't doubt that the Town will beat Rossa on Wednesday and avoid relegation but that's more down to the (lack of) quality of the opposition rather than the wonderful new management.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SillyAsFaugh on August 08, 2017, 04:43:13 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on August 08, 2017, 04:20:50 PM

If they had of beaten my team or put them out later in a later championship round I wouldn't be pleased knowing that they shouldn't be in the competition.

What part did the lad play? full match come on as a sub?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Who is the oran kearney scoring points for balycastle? That's not the coleraine manager is it?

Glentaisie

No. No relation as far as I know.  He's a minor.

Usain

Quote from: Glentaisie on August 08, 2017, 04:48:24 PM
Quote from: Usain on August 08, 2017, 10:30:33 AM

I don't see how you work that out Usain.  Since Raymond was ousted they've played 2 teams that they'd played previously:
v Dunloy (May 14) 4 pt defeat
v Dunloy (Jul 27) 15 pt defeat

v Cloughmills (Apr 30) 10 pt win
v Cloughmills ( Aug 5) 9 pt win

So you could easily argue that they've gone back not improved.

I'd guess you're basing it on the fact that they've won their last couple of games but they've been against Cloughmills who haven't won a game all season and against Rossa who have been as you say " not looking so good coming into this".
So again I don't see any basis for thinking Ballycastle have improved.

I don't doubt that the Town will beat Rossa on Wednesday and avoid relegation but that's more down to the (lack of) quality of the opposition rather than the wonderful new management.

Well if you put it like that sir maybe they have went backways lol

Wednesday night will tell us more. Should be a clanker