Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 25, 2016, 10:31:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2016, 09:55:14 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 25, 2016, 09:06:21 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2016, 09:02:16 PM
There were no real definite red cards in my opinion, he strike on Winker was late that was it, Winker pushed it on player struck and missed!! The rest were easy yellows

sorry dude but me and you a crossing swords again here> a deliberate bat to the face is straight red but hey your the one with the rule book

From where I was standing I didn't see it so couldn't say it was deliberate and Owen wouldn't shrink from making a call on a red card either ...

It was right infront of me and I can say and I'll argue my point, it was a straight red card. Deliberate striking.

That's fair enough but with 3 of the best referees on the pitch it seems strange that none of them seen a straight red!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2016, 10:49:13 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 25, 2016, 10:31:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2016, 09:55:14 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 25, 2016, 09:06:21 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2016, 09:02:16 PM
There were no real definite red cards in my opinion, he strike on Winker was late that was it, Winker pushed it on player struck and missed!! The rest were easy yellows

sorry dude but me and you a crossing swords again here> a deliberate bat to the face is straight red but hey your the one with the rule book

From where I was standing I didn't see it so couldn't say it was deliberate and Owen wouldn't shrink from making a call on a red card either ...

It was right infront of me and I can say and I'll argue my point, it was a straight red card. Deliberate striking.

That's fair enough but with 3 of the best referees on the pitch it seems strange that none of them seen a straight red!

Very strange indeed..

north_antrim_hound

Ok here's the way I seen it
Whacked him right on the face on purpose
MC manus had the ball at the time
He ended up on the ground and MC manus I think tramped his foot on him in reaction
Ref didn't see it but it happened right in front of skinny
He got a debrief and I assume skinny seen the whole thing
Problem for Eoin now if he sends of Campbell for striking then MC manus has to walk to for tramping
So he delt with it as best he could and had a good game by his standards
I maybe have this all wrong Barr the initial strike
Let's not dwell on this as on balance it was a hard hitting game that was let flow
With no other unsavoury stuff
And LG where worthy  winners
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

didnt stay for the second half as i got soaked and was too cold to stand any longer. What i seen in the first half i would of been shocked had loughgiel lost the game. Cdall got an early goal but aside from that they didn't threaten the Lgiel back line at all. They lost all the breaking ball and their own backs were under constant pressure. Didnt understand Neil McManus starting at all, he was totally off the pace.

Was happy to see the minors win the championship again for the second year. We coped well with the strong win in the first half despite conceding 2 sloppy goals. Second half we limited them to 1 point and took some well worked scores. very happy for this bunch of players as they have remained unbeaten this year, like our U16 hurlers.

Ballycastle did a great job organising the final this year, top marks for them. Its a real pity theres no where in antrim with a stand or shelter for days like Sunday.
hurl like f**k boi!

Hectic

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 26, 2016, 08:46:21 AM
didnt stay for the second half as i got soaked and was too cold to stand any longer. What i seen in the first half i would of been shocked had loughgiel lost the game. Cdall got an early goal but aside from that they didn't threaten the Lgiel back line at all. They lost all the breaking ball and their own backs were under constant pressure. Didnt understand Neil McManus starting at all, he was totally off the pace.

Was happy to see the minors win the championship again for the second year. We coped well with the strong win in the first half despite conceding 2 sloppy goals. Second half we limited them to 1 point and took some well worked scores. very happy for this bunch of players as they have remained unbeaten this year, like our U16 hurlers.

Ballycastle did a great job organising the final this year, top marks for them. Its a real pity theres no where in antrim with a stand or shelter for days like Sunday.

Ha two soakings in two days then DR?  Bad weekend conditions wise - I actually thought after forgetting the umbrella and getting soaked Saturday that I had all bases covered Sunday yet still came home drenched the way it was blowing.  Ah well thems the breaks lol.

Na Glinntí Glasa

ah dont talk, got wet at the tail end of the camogie in randalstown then onto Creggan for the football and got utterly drowned. Not a lot you can do about it sadly in antrim as theres no where with sheltered cover at all.

hurl like f**k boi!

north aontroim gael

Brilliant performance from our lads yesterday.  I was confident they would get the job done but there were a few tense moments towards the end as Cushendall looked to get a goal. What a great bunch of lads!

Looking forward to the match v Ballygalget in 2 weeks time.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 26, 2016, 08:46:21 AM

Yeah I'd agree with that he didn't even look fit. I'm sure there are a few lads in Cushendall disappointed he got the nod in front of them after being parachuted in.

Usain

I slagged Owen Elliot off last week on here and now I'm going to praise him for his performance yesterday. Exactly what club hurling in Antrim needs, let the game flow and keep the whistle in the pocket as much as possible. He would normally have blown 20+ frees yesterday in the first half and ruined the game as a spectacle. He must have decided to change his strategy for this one. Saying that there was no real badness in the game and you can afford to let the games like that go.

Agree with earlier comments regarding cushendalls fitness. Too many of them carrying too much lead, not really acceptable at this level, and will always catch you out when you come up against a fit team like Lgiel.

Hectic

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 26, 2016, 10:00:58 AM
ah dont talk, got wet at the tail end of the camogie in randalstown then onto Creggan for the football and got utterly drowned. Not a lot you can do about it sadly in antrim as theres no where with sheltered cover at all.

Right never realised youse were playing Camogie in Randalstown earlier - that would explain folk arriving constantly during the first half of the Intermediate football final.

imtommygunn

JC I hear it was some second half in the down final ;D

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Hectic on September 26, 2016, 11:21:06 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 26, 2016, 10:00:58 AM

Right never realised youse were playing Camogie in Randalstown earlier - that would explain folk arriving constantly during the first half of the Intermediate football final.

Aye if they had any sense our game should of been on first so we could of made it on time. everyone left after the camogie and then onto randalstown. big tail back through the town to get to the ground so everyone was late.
hurl like f**k boi!

Megaman

well done Loughgiel, better team on the day won

we will be very disappointed in our first half performance which IMHO is where we lost it, IMO we where slightly the better team in the second half, just didnt get the scores when needed. We also gave loughgiel 3/4 very easy scores from very poor mistakes.

Neill was obviously not a full pelt but was still our best forward and won alot of ball in the second half. there was no issue with him starting with anyone i was talking to or the players.

Loughgiel should beat Ballygalget easy but would need to play alot better to beat Slaughtneil.

Hopefully our boys get a good rest now and with Neill, Graffin and shane back next year give it another good shot.

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 26, 2016, 11:33:17 AM
JC I hear it was some second half in the down final ;D

In hindsight, the first half was a scorefest  ;D  ;D

Awful conditions with both teams deploying sweepers and what not! We went in with a 6-2 lead and the general feeling was that 4 points wasn't enough with the Gale and driving rain, but IMO our defence had Ballycran well sown up irrespective of the wind. How wrong we were!

To give you an idea of the wind, Big Magic took a free in the second half less than 50 metres out, reasonably central and it dropped short and the big man can fairly smack a ball. Graham's puck out's weren't getting 60 metres and a few blew straight over the sideline.

Absolute farce of a game, but we'll take the win and wait on our reckoning with the all conquering Loughgeil in the semi final at a central location  8)

imtommygunn

You'll miss the neutral venue of casement really jc  ;)

Yeah it is not often you hear of a hurling match being scoreless for a half so must have been bad. the worst weather in the antrim final as at half time when it really wasn't good. Loughgiel ran out for the second half and ran right back in again!