Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 31, 2016, 10:03:17 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on July 31, 2016, 09:34:54 PM
Sounds to me your issue is with teachers ;D
They are a crabbed enough lot with you telling them their job.
Stick to the hurling agenda.

Some radio silence on the johnnies v loughgiel minor game  :-[
Not good from any perspective.

Anyone any thoughts on the senior championship?

Jesus lad, just tell us what happened that you know without dancing round it??

To be honest I know nothing 'cos the Johnnies lads can't even seem to agree on their version of events!

btdtgtt

Quote from: paddyjohn on July 31, 2016, 10:14:24 PM
It's amazing what you can hear in the chippy on a Sunday evening. One neutral described it "as a disgrace but sure the johnnies get away with everything now Donnelly is in charge"..

As far as the senior championship goes, I think it's going to run the same last the last few years and it'll be Cushendall or Loughiel. Not sure how Cushendall will cope without McManus, Shane & Graffin. Is Martin Burke fit again? also Karl McKeegan & Natty are 2 big misses off the bench.

If Cushendall are not at pretty much full strength the door is wide open?
Shamrocks main contenders?

paddyjohn

You'd imagine so. Dunloy maybe to young & I can't see Ballycastle repeating last year

NAG1

So what happened in the minor game then?

paddyjohn

theskull1

Heard lots of 2nd hand stories

No smoke without fire is my thinking

Heard one story about one player having to jump the wire to get his stick and getting a hiding

I'll leave it to the officials to teach offenders a lesson. Antrim same as every county needs integrity when it comes to poor discipline.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

paddyjohn

2nd time inside a week the corrigan men have been involved in an incident that ended with serious injury of an opposing player. Maybe they are pushing the boundaries thinking they will get off with it.

I've no axe to grind with them but punishments must be handed out to those involved.

theskull1

Loughgiels Twitter feed posted this at half time

HT MHC Loughgiel 1-5 St. John's 2-3

Match delayed due to injury to St Johns player, we wish him a speedy recovery !

Wonder if there was deemed malice in the injury to the Johnnies player that created an intent in the second half for retribution?

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on August 01, 2016, 09:08:46 AM
Loughgiels Twitter feed posted this at half time

HT MHC Loughgiel 1-5 St. John's 2-3

Match delayed due to injury to St Johns player, we wish him a speedy recovery !

Wonder if there was deemed malice in the injury to the Johnnies player that created an intent in the second half for retribution?

From what I have heard and not saying it is gospel the injury was a separate to other incident/s

theskull1

Decent game of hurling vs the dall last night. Beat by 6 which I'd say was a fair result although we did create 3 or 4 goal chances they snuffed them out very well. We gave everything in effort which is great to see but with crisper hurlers across their 15 who collectively made less unforced errors and better decision making, that made the difference between the sides.
Dall have a great blend of youth and experience in their team and look none the worse for being without their men who are abroad.

Jesusjones

Tony Baloney's comment about Micky Dallat is a disgrace. When I was at CPC he was the best teacher in the place. The amount of time and effort he put into taking teams was also superb. A great man all round.

Cromagh

First time in nearly a month being on this board - read one particular comment about Mr Dallat that I can't let lie without responding. I make no secret my identity on here as a few of you can vouch for.

Mr Dallat was a brilliant teacher who gave 35 years of outstanding service to CPC - pastorally he was on a different level and as a teacher he achieved outstanding results - his A level maths class nominated him for teacher of the year in 2010 and he was given this award for whole of UK. The number of pupils in north Antrim catchment area who speak so highly of him is immeasurable

And as for his contribution to hurling development in the area - speaks for itself - he lit my flame when I entered CPC as a young teacher and served as a role model for all us and his legacy will live for many years to come.

An outstanding man with integrity pouring out of him.

theskull1

I think thats put that to bed.

Tony mustn't have been good at the sums and blamed it all on 'the teach'

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: theskull1 on August 01, 2016, 09:27:34 AM
Decent game of hurling vs the dall last night. Beat by 6 which I'd say was a fair result although we did create 3 or 4 goal chances they snuffed them out very well. We gave everything in effort which is great to see but with crisper hurlers across their 15 who collectively made less unforced errors and better decision making, that made the difference between the sides.
Dall have a great blend of youth and experience in their team and look none the worse for being without their men who are abroad.

Yeah Cdall took their scores when presented with them. We missing some easy scores including 3 frees which didnt help. Created good goal chances but didnt put them away. Young Keelan Molloy played well in his first start, not sure what he finished with but he will only get better as he continues to develop as a player.
hurl like f**k boi!

Fairhead

Havent been looking on here in a while and got to row in behind Cromagh and JJ about Mickey Dallat. Mickey was a brilliant teacher never mind his coaching ability which was I would say was away ahead of his time. For someone to come on here and make a comment like that is a disgrace.

Tony, if you were at CPC you must not have been taught by him and if you weren't at CPC your not in a position to comment.