Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoChara

Quote from: hurlingstick on February 11, 2016, 10:08:40 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 11, 2016, 05:42:29 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 11, 2016, 05:20:04 PM
you think? i actually thought they were lucky to get the draw at the death with the last min free to level it. Though they did battle back well to get into that position.

The replay St Thomas's blew them away. Lgiel looked legweiry and tired in the reply
our wing back ran over the ball to let Thomas back into the game, lad went in and stuck it in net.   Cooney scored a point in injury time to put it to extra time.  Should have had it wrapped up.  We're lucky enough in extra time mind you.  So close.  Yet so far

I remember in the replay Benny missing a goal chance early on and thinking it wasn't going to be their day.  What time is game on Sunday?  Off Monday so going to go.

It's at 2 o'clock and has been moved to Celtic Park

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Jesusjones on February 12, 2016, 07:35:03 AM
Why was the semi final not a true reflection of Galway hurling? Did Portumna, Loughrey, Gort and the like not turn out this year?

As MR2 says the Galway championship is unpredictable. no team dominated for long periods like it seems to go in Antrim.

It also very physical and a tough championship to win. Ive been to a couple of finals over the years and they dont hold back against each other, a lot of serious hard hitting on and off the ball. The galway championship has been prone to a few dust ups on the pitch, some bads ones at that. Discipline has been the down fall of a few teams in the galway championship.

To be fair this years galway final was poor as well. Neither team looked good.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 12, 2016, 09:35:17 AM
Quote from: Jesusjones on February 12, 2016, 07:35:03 AM
Why was the semi final not a true reflection of Galway hurling? Did Portumna, Loughrey, Gort and the like not turn out this year?

As MR2 says the Galway championship is unpredictable. no team dominated for long periods like it seems to go in Antrim.

It also very physical and a tough championship to win. Ive been to a couple of finals over the years and they dont hold back against each other, a lot of serious hard hitting on and off the ball. The galway championship has been prone to a few dust ups on the pitch, some bads ones at that. Discipline has been the down fall of a few teams in the galway championship.

To be fair this years galway final was poor as well. Neither team looked good.

Was lucky enough to get down for the Minor final and Intermediate final one year.... Minor final was brilliant St Thomas's v Loughrea and it was St Thomas's that won out in the end (who developed to become a serious team)  the Intermediate final (of which I had a vested interest that year) was as you say DR off the ball stuff roughing up and was late enough in the year too to the pitch wasn't exactly great condition ....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

theres def no love lost with each other in Galway, didnt Loughrea and Athenry have a serious fight on the pitch one year and then not that long ago Loughrea were accused of basically beating Portumna off the pitch without the ball! lol Also rem Gort being involved in a serious tussle as well.

Its a good championship all the same where no one team seems to get it all their own way.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Cj off the county hurling panel?

Jesusjones

So MR2 are you saying it was predictable that the Galway Championship was unpredictable? 6 of the last 10 All Ireland Club winners have come from Galway. Have they all forgot how to hold a hurl or did Sarsfields win it on merit this year?

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Jesusjones on February 12, 2016, 05:55:31 PM
So MR2 are you saying it was predictable that the Galway Championship was unpredictable? 6 of the last 10 All Ireland Club winners have come from Galway. Have they all forgot how to hold a hurl or did Sarsfields win it on merit this year?
they won it by beating none of them teams that won all Ireland's JJ. Look.  Taking nothing away from your victory. Your bound to no they were poor.  That's not your fault. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on February 12, 2016, 05:55:31 PM

Nope I highlighted all the good teams and it throws up teams that win Galway that manage to win and bomb during the club series... Namely Loughrea, crap team but there or thereabouts every year in Galway, feck knows why
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jesusjones

SG they beat teams that beat previous All Ireland winners. They are the best Galway had to offer this year. I'd argue Galway's Championship produces the actual best team in the county far more often than others. They play a group system with the top teams going into the knockout stages. Surely that is far more likely to end with the best team winning than an open draw?

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Jesusjones on February 13, 2016, 07:05:56 AM
SG they beat teams that beat previous All Ireland winners. They are the best Galway had to offer this year. I'd argue Galway's Championship produces the actual best team in the county far more often than others. They play a group system with the top teams going into the knockout stages. Surely that is far more likely to end with the best team winning than an open draw?
obviously not this year.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Na Glinntí Glasa

JJ I have to agree with the rest. Sarsfields were poor, you can't argue with that.

I was the game supporting cdall and wantin use to win, cdall deserved to win. But sarsfields were not a good team. OTB or Np would of beat them as well.
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

On a side note did anyone else find the location of the National League launch a strange choice?

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on February 13, 2016, 09:22:16 PM
On a side note did anyone else find the location of the National League launch a strange choice?

Cookstown?

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on February 13, 2016, 09:36:46 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 13, 2016, 09:22:16 PM

Cookstown?

Harland and Wolf  ;)

btdtgtt

H&W cranes or the titanic building - it's the standard Belfast photo shoot!
Having it there pushes the idea our sports don't need hidden away from anyone also.
I suppose GAA class that photo shoot as promoting hurling here!