Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

Predictions for the draw.

Cushendall vs Dunloy as per usual

Loughgiel vs Ballycastle, im giving the town this one home advantage should count!

milltown row

rossa to win by five,

ballycastle are poor, training 2/3 times a week and only beat us by a point at their pitch, that was after 9 of our players played both reserve and senior. and we came strong in the second half!!!!!!!!

Give-it-Timber

Dunloy to beat Loughgiel

i think Rossa will win against Ballycastle.

Ballycastle IMO are a poor team and Rossa winning against Cushendall will give them a bit of confidence.

Draw:-

Dunloy - Rossa

Shams - Dall

maxpower

the only thing pedictable abot Ballycastle is there unpredictability. on there day they could rattle any team, but on another day they can be dreadful.  it was a decent performance to beat the johnnies in Corrigan on a wet friday evening.

I did think home advantage would sway it there way on sunday but it will be very difficult if Cossie is suspended, he seems to be there consistent score getter and would be a huge hole in the forwards.  

I'll go for Rossa by a goal, keep the city interested in this years championship
What happens next????

maxpower

the draw just has to throw up

Dunloy v Loughgiel
Cushendall v Rossa/Ballycastle

when you allow such a daft situation to be possible then it just has to happen. 
What happens next????

Give-it-Timber

your prob right max

i hope it does throw up your prediction....................only for the reason that it would highlight how stupid an open draw is at the semi stage. County got it lucky last year when the draw worked out 1st v 2nd in other group.

if Cushendall had beat Rossa, this weekends games would have been a complete waste of time.

milltown row

yeah we play Glenariffe this Sunday and although when the whistle goes both teams will go at it, it will just miss that edge though,  good luck to all teams this Sunday

hope the dunloy game is played at some pace

NAG

I would say that the Dunloy game will have all the edge of championship hurling.

If the town get their act together they have another big game in them, if they can get the ball into Pinkie he should get enough scores.

Its a stupid system with these games meaning nothing but who wants to give an edge to their possible semi final opponents at this stage.

Did i see the loughgiel team right, Big swevy at full forward, can someone tell me how that has happened?

theskull1

Why is everyone here bitching about the system. Its the lack of teams at the right level to be competitive in the system (or any other format) that is the real problem.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

because we have a meaningless game against Glenariff this Sunday,

if we could get a quarter final out of this game then yes it would mean a chance of getting a semi final spot, but it's only the top two who go through, you may catch a top 3 team once in championship but not twice

theskull1

ah hem....I repeat

Its the lack of teams at the right level to be competitive in the system (or any other format) that is the real problem.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Balboa

Quote from: theskull1 on September 06, 2007, 11:16:41 AM
ah hem....I repeat

Its the lack of teams at the right level to be competitive in the system (or any other format) that is the real problem.

Would you say this is a recent phenomenon Skull? 3 winners of Senior Championship in 18 years.

Ruairi Og exile

Is it true Gavin Bell broke his leg playing football?? Hopefully not, but best wishes if he has.

I think Rossa can beat B/castle if they play with the same fight & determination as they did against us & get the ball into Rocky who ran riot against us in the corner but Bell if missing is a big miss....however Ballycastle are well capable of winning this..hard to call

It's stupid that it is an open draw, should be 1st v 2nd in other group....but thats Antrim for you ???

maxpower

Sorry to hear Bell has a broken leg if indeed its true, fine player and very important to Ballycastle,  may just tip the scales back in favour of the town.
What happens next????

NAG

Bell's injury is unfortunate for him and Rossa, seemed like they had discovered some of the fight of old.

However think this is balanced out with the town missing Cossy, I know he can be woeful but is an important score getter for them which are few and far between in that part of the world.