Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Gizzy15 on October 28, 2015, 03:32:29 PM
Quote from: MoChara on October 28, 2015, 11:14:00 AM
Cork hurling legend tipped for key role alongside potential new Antrim boss

Justin McCarthy will work alongside PJ O'Mullan if he's appointed as new Saffrons supremo.

Justin McCarthy is in line to work with the Antrim hurlers. Justin McCarthy is in line to work with the Antrim hurlers.

A LEADING ANTRIM GAA official has confirmed this morning that Cork hurling legend Justin McCarthy is in line for a role on a potential new management team in the county.

If PJ O'Mullan is successful in his quest to succeed Kevin Ryan as Antrim supremo, he will be enlisting the services of McCarthy as consultant.
McCarthy famously guided Waterford to a breakthrough Munster SHC title win in 2002 and he was also in charge of Limerick for an ill-fated spell in later years.

Source: INPHO
Under McCarthy's guidance, the Shannonsiders suffered a crushing 2009 All-Ireland semi-final defeat against Tipperary before he was faced with a player mutiny in the following season.
But McCarthy is fondly remembered in Cork as a former All-Ireland, Munster and National League medallist.
Over the years, McCarthy has forged close links in Antrim, helping out with club and intercounty teams in coaching capacities.

Antrim PRO Sean Fleming confirmed to The42 this morning that McCarthy's name has been linked with the PJ O'Mullan ticket.
Former Loughgiel Shamrocks manager O'Mullan is the hot tip to step into the role vacated by Waterford native Kevin Ryan.
Candidates will be interviewed by former Allstar Ciarán Barr and two members of the county board executive, Fleming explained.

PJ O'Mullan is tipped to become the next Antrim senior hurling manager.

"We're hoping to have it done and dusted within ten days," said Fleming.
That will ensure a new man is in place before Antrim begin pre-season training in mid-November.
"Justin's role with PJ would be as a consultant, it wouldn't be a full-time role," Fleming added.
"He wouldn't be up and down at every training session.
"He's definitely linked to PJ," Fleming said.
"To be fair to Justin, he would know a lot of people in Antrim, from club and county level.
"He's always had close links here and is very highly thought of.
"There are others still in the hunt, however, and it would be unfair to say who's favourite or otherwise," Fleming stressed.

http://www.the42.ie/justin-mccarthy-antrim-hurling-2411243-Oct2015/

I would say PJ has not set this up but instead the CB are moulding their own team together and not even waiting for interview process to complete. if it was done properly they would not be able to comment on Justin as his role would only be outlined at Interview by PJ or at least this is how previous appointments were conducted at interview.
PJ set it up. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

bannside

Antrim convention 2016 needs a thread of its own.

Na Glinntí Glasa

agreed. Best to start a full thread on its on dedicated to it.
hurl like f**k boi!

brendanbelfast

"brendan I wonder why u would go back to the trough again after being there before!?"

Trough? That says a lot. 

culchie11

like a politician on the nolan show, answers a question with a question!

cant believe an educated guy like urself doesnt know what a trough is?!

u know what i am getting at.

paddyjohn

Quote from: culchie11 on October 29, 2015, 02:42:59 PM
like a politician on the nolan show, answers a question with a question!

cant believe an educated guy like urself doesnt know what a trough is?!

u know what i am getting at.

How dare you make a spelling mistake...

btdtgtt

Or it could just have been a figure of speech.

Who was that guilty of propaganda you say HS?!

:) ;)

culchie11

It's a figure of speech Ffs!

Catch ur self on as they say!

Trough, well, dine at top table, been there done that, what ever way u want to put it!

Why is everything taken as a negative comment!

Or r u not allowed to ask such question of the visionaries!

I hope I don't get left a voicemail now lol

bannside

Lads if it's ok can we transfer the discussion of upcoming election of officers and Saffron Vision  pros and cons to a new thread set up to specifically for this purpose??

culchie11

Set one up bannside!

Kelly from St malachys is in for pro also.

bannside

It's been set up by MR2.

johnneycool

I presume the leagues are more or less done and dusted at this stage?

Loughgeil Div1 in the bag with something to spare, St Galls and Clooney down to Div1B, with the Sars, Armoy, St Pauls and Cushendul moving down to Div2 providing Creggan can pick up another point from their 4 games in hand!

Not sure about Div1, but the lack of competitive hurling worked against us this year. Hopefully Div1B will be more competitive with Clooney and St Galls in the mix.

The fall of the Sars has been a bit of a surprise, what is happening there?

btdtgtt

Quote from: johnneycool on November 02, 2015, 04:02:58 PM

Loughgeil Div1 in the bag with something to spare, St Galls and Clooney down to Div1B, with the Sars, Armoy, St Pauls and Cushendul moving down to Div2 providing Creggan can pick up another point from their 4 games in hand!

Not sure about Div1, but the lack of competitive hurling worked against us this year. Hopefully Div1B will be more competitive with Clooney and St Galls in the mix.

Bit of a crisis at sarsfields with not being able to field and talk of transfers.
Mr2 might enlighten us but I'm not optimistic about galls continued competitiveness with their better players getting on a bit.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 02, 2015, 09:08:08 PM

Bit of a crisis at sarsfields with not being able to field and talk of transfers.
Mr2 might enlighten us but I'm not optimistic about galls continued competitiveness with their better players getting on a bit.

We'll be competitive enough for a couple more years yet
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 02, 2015, 09:13:07 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on November 02, 2015, 09:08:08 PM

We'll be competitive enough for a couple more years yet

I meant with the top tier teams rather than at Division2.