Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyland

Good luck to all our lads tomorrow and Ronan and management. It has been a long time coming - the buzz about the town has been brilliant. What a win tomorrow would do for the younger generation. Irrespective of the outcome this year has saw real progress - let's hope we can get over the line.

Now for Armoy to see our camogs in first ever senior final

#steptogether

imtommygunn

Sounded like a tense finale to the minor final with a few late goals by naomh padraig.

(Dunloy held on to win by a point)

Jesusjones

Not a minor final for the purists. Thought Dunloy were comfortably the better team but the 2 late goals almost won it for Naimh Paudraig. The wee lad hurling full back for Dunloy looks like a great prospect.

hurlingstick

A Rasharkin referee for a Dunloy v Naomh Padraig final is not exactly good decision making. Why not a Belfast official?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 26, 2015, 07:23:36 PM
A Rasharkin referee for a Dunloy v Naomh Padraig final is not exactly good decision making. Why not a Belfast official?

Who was refereeing it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Antrim2011

Who was refereeing it?.............

Michael Hardy was the referee

hurlingstick

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 25, 2015, 11:50:19 PM
Quote from: Fairhead on September 25, 2015, 11:38:02 PM
First things first, I need to get this one off my chest. I was disgusted with Loughgiel as a venue for the Ballycastle Dunloy semi final. When I arrived it at that day sure it was windy, and here was us all led to believe by everyone on here that the only venue in Antrim that there was wind at was Ballycastle  :P

Now they go and make it worse by playing the final on the softest, boggiest pitch in Antrim according to more experts on here!!!!!!!

No im very happy with Dunloy as the venue, sure aren't Ballycastle undefeated in county finals against Cushendall in Pearse Park.......aren't statistics great!!!!  :D

I was just delighted to get past Dunloy in the semi-final after having had so many defeats to them in recent years. I was hoping that Ballycastle's big players, Neal, Saul and Clarkie could deliver against Dunloy and they did but they were also well supported by the rest of the half back line especially in the 2nd half. If it ain't broke don't fix it so more of the same on Sunday please and hopefully if we get these players in to the game then we are in with a shout.

Cushendall have had 2 tough battles against the Johnnies and Loughgiel, they are the holders and probably want to make amends for not winning Ulster last year. They have very experienced players and some good young talent so they have a lot going for them. As a neutral you would have to fancy Cushendall.

Anyway best of luck to the Ballycastle players and management on Sunday and with decent weather forecast and hopefully a big crowd, the stage looks set for what I hope will be a great occasion and a Black and Amber victory of course.......
disgusted? yeah, it was windy, but not all the time.  :P
Disgusted with loughgiel as a venue, lol.  Hahaha.  Clown.    Best of luck to both teams tomorrow.  May the best team win.  Hopefully the weather isn't to blame for defeat Fairhead
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

hurlingstick

Quote from: shoebox on September 26, 2015, 09:38:06 PM
Why does it matter who was refereeing the game?

Given the parochial nature of our games appointing a referee from within the parish of one of the teams playing was not a great decision.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 26, 2015, 10:23:50 PM

Given the parochial nature of our games appointing a referee from within the parish of one of the teams playing was not a great decision.
Rasharkin isn't part of Dunloy and Cloughmills parish. If anything Rasharkin wouldn't have a great love of Dunloy. I stand to be corrected on that of course.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

hurlingstick

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 26, 2015, 10:26:42 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on September 26, 2015, 10:23:50 PM

Rasharkin isn't part of Dunloy and Cloughmills parish. If anything Rasharkin wouldn't have a great love of Dunloy. I stand to be corrected on that of course.

You're right SIE, not anymore. Think the Credit Union is the only remaining link.

Hurl away

Well today is the day and the county champions will be known by 5 o clock today, get even u really are a gem and your club must be so proud! You must also know all the cushendall hurlers so well to be constantly spouting crap about them!

getevennotcross

A bit harsh for your maiden posting dont you think and you a Newbie, huh?  However, not convinced it's your first posting by any means. We Senior Members/Hero Members just know these things!

You'd be surprised at many of things I know.  Well advised and an ear close to the ground so to speak.

Well, day of reckoning is now, I feel a real close encounter is at hand today and always the potential for an upset.

Hope 'The Town' win, be good for hurling and just couldn't bring myself to listening post mortems by the Dall rabble.  Sure to get a roasting from JJ, Auld Stock & Hand Up now for that sentiment relating to The Town, ah well, freedom of expression.

Seamroga in exile

Good luck to both teams today. No need for the umbrellas today lads, best weather of the year up here today so far. She's 17° oot in our yard.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Hand up

Good luck to both teams and hopefully we'll get the result that the bitter one doesn't want!!
Yeh SIE weather looking class, roll out the red carpet, we are on route!!