Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 19, 2015, 11:53:19 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 18, 2015, 09:00:08 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 18, 2015, 07:03:14 PM
shamrocks 'should' win at a canter.
Nonsense. Apart from 2013 when have we ever won the championship "at a canter"? And I mean in the last 5 years. All have been close. Indeed we never got to the final last year. Short term memory loss by some posters.  ;)
You know it's championship time when SIE is warning everyone off backing the Shamrock's  ;D
Its championship time is it? I didn't think it was for another 4 or 5 months. Silly me. :P 

Sorry to hear about McQuillan. A couple of years ago I was supporting his call up to the county squad. But if his heart isn't in it and injuries are mounting up then fair play to him.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Glensman on May 19, 2015, 11:40:05 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 19, 2015, 07:56:38 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on May 19, 2015, 05:15:40 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 19, 2015, 04:57:29 PM
its all there is to do around lgiel to be fair lol :P
;D
"heaven"  8)

http://www.qradionetwork.com/qradio/north-coast/north-coast-news/q97-2-news/loughguile-named-one-of-the-best-places-to-live-in-the-countryside/

Would it be spectators at training or other juveniles/parents etc? Have to say there is nothing much better than passing a GAA ground wherever of a summer's evening and a pitch or pitches are full of different teams training away.

Loughgeil do seem to be getting up a head of steam.

A shame about Kevin McQuillan as a couple of years back he was flying.

Heard that quite a few from The Town might be headed Stateside and back for championship?

No McManus and Graffan for a couple of months might make some younger heads from the Dall step up?? Assume McManus back for championship and it will be a waiting game for Graffan?
kevin is a grand hurler no doubt and a miss to dunloy.   Am sure he'll be back at some stage.     I would think Neill and Aaron will both be back by championship.  Who's leaving Ballycastle for the lure of a summer away?     And finally.   We've always had a right few around watching trainings.  Nothing new.  Just somewhere to gather and yarn. Lol
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Club Rossa

When did Ballycastle last win the Senior hurling championship?

Two Hands FFS

Club Rossa

Thanks,was talking to a Ballycastle man this morning who said it was mid eighties was wasn't sure of the exact year.

getevennotcross

Any decent games on in the city this evening, I have visitors home from the States and looking for a game to bring them to?

theskull1

Next hurling matches not til Fri .... Minor Leagues

Games close to the city

Time   Team 1   Score   Score   Team 2   Venue   Referee   Round   Notes
7 30 PM   St John's GAC   ---   ---   Kevin Lynch Hurling Club   Corrigan Park    Fionntan Mc Cotter    Round 2    
7 30 PM   Naomh Éanna   ---   ---   Loughgiel Shamrocks   St Enda's    Eamon Hamill    Round 2    
7 30 PM   O`Donovan Rossa   ---   ---   Naomh Padraig (North Antrim)   Pairc Rossa    Kevin Parke    Round 2    
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

getevennotcross

Quote from: theskull1 on May 20, 2015, 04:17:54 PM
Next hurling matches not til Fri .... Minor Leagues

Games close to the city

Time   Team 1   Score   Score   Team 2   Venue   Referee   Round   Notes
7 30 PM   St John's GAC   ---   ---   Kevin Lynch Hurling Club   Corrigan Park    Fionntan Mc Cotter    Round 2    
7 30 PM   Naomh Éanna   ---   ---   Loughgiel Shamrocks   St Enda's    Eamon Hamill    Round 2    
7 30 PM   O`Donovan Rossa   ---   ---   Naomh Padraig (North Antrim)   Pairc Rossa    Kevin Parke    Round 2
Thank you Skull.  It was really tonight I was looking for, and happened to wonder if there were by chance any games this evening. I appreciate your response anyway.

antrimgeal1989

Lamh dhearg  v St John's or Gorts v St pauls in the football is your only gaa action tonight

hurlingstick

Our heavy defeat to Westmeath could haunt us this weekend at Dr. Cullen Park. If we beat Carlow and Westmeath win(and they've plenty of motivation to do so ..home v Ofally) we're through to a Leinster quarter final v Wexford. However, if we win and Laois win then they will go through due to the huge score difference as a result of said defeat.

keep her low this half

If we win at all and avoid the Christy Ring I will be happy enough at this point. The days of taking a win against Carlow for granted are long gone. Being realistic if we did get through to meet Wexford somehow they would mince us again as they did last year. They are better than last year and we are worse.

Sleeping giant

Is Christy Ring not our level after the last few years?
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Na Glinntí Glasa

it prob is, our hurling standard in Antrim isnt good enough to compete with the top level counties come the summer time.
hurl like f**k boi!

Gizzy15

Sunday 10th May 2015

Leinster GAA SHC Round Robin 2

Mullingar (3.30)   

Aontroim  v  Westmeath

you would think the county would take this down as header on homepage. scene of worst result for Antrim hurling in many years and concentrate on at least advertising the Carlow game. Jesus if they have lost interest what do they expect from supporters.

hurlingstick

Quote from: Gizzy15 on May 21, 2015, 09:39:10 AM
Sunday 10th May 2015

Leinster GAA SHC Round Robin 2

Mullingar (3.30)   

Aontroim  v  Westmeath

you would think the county would take this down as header on homepage. scene of worst result for Antrim hurling in many years and concentrate on at least advertising the Carlow game. Jesus if they have lost interest what do they expect from supporters.

Sums things up perfectly