Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 16, 2015, 11:53:11 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 16, 2015, 08:23:35 PM
Just heard cloughmills beat Cushendall in the feis cup this evening. 3-16 to 2-10. I wonder what kind of a team the dall had out?

Obviously not the same team that handily beat Loughgiel last year I'd imagine
which was why I asked.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Dunloy C,dall and Ballycastle all gone in the feis.  Any idea what the semi finals are?
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Loughgiel 2-20 ballycastle 0-06.

Bonamargy

Quote from: Sleeping giant on May 17, 2015, 05:38:04 PM
Dunloy C,dall and Ballycastle all gone in the feis.  Any idea what the semi finals are?

Think the semi finals are Loughgiel V Clooney and Cloughmills V Carey. Loughgiel on a different level than the rest of us so far this year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bonamargy on May 17, 2015, 06:38:20 PM

Think the semi finals are Loughgiel V Clooney and Cloughmills V Carey. Loughgiel on a different level than the rest of us so far this year.

In the bag, should just hand it over now, be done with it :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Bonamargy on May 17, 2015, 06:38:20 PM

were not training that long either.  Wouldn't read much into it.  No doubt the champions are the team to beat. Also last years finalists will take beating. Dunloy and Ballycastle won't roll over.  Be a tough championship

theskull1

Not saying it won't be, but I don't think you or many believe that at this stage.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

I don't think any Antrim championship has ever been won in May. 5 months or so until the championship starts in earnest. Cushendall are the team to beat. They wear the crown and it'll be tough for anyone to take it from them.

Milltown Row2

Our lads are preparing for the game..... They have the guard of honor all down to a T
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

I've never went to hurl in a match or watch a match believing anything other than we were going to win.   But Id never protray myself or Loughgiel to be cocky or over confident.   No doubt of the task in hand.  Like SIE said.  It's a long way away.  Injuries could occur like they did last year.  There's a lot of hard yards to take place before any championship is won or lost

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2015, 11:23:10 PM
Our lads are preparing for the game..... They have the guard of honor all down to a T
defeatest attitude. Not good mr2.  ;)

Nobody in loughgiel thinks it's won. Been down that road too many times before. I don't believe anyone on here thinks that getting to a feis cup semi final equates to a championship win. Like I posted yesterday, Cushendall are the team to beat. It's their championship to lose.

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 18, 2015, 05:08:31 AM

Nobody in loughgiel thinks it's won. Been down that road too many times before. I don't believe anyone on here thinks that getting to a feis cup semi final equates to a championship win. Like I posted yesterday, Cushendall are the team to beat. It's their championship to lose.

And that's the right attitude to portray. Looking like every other contender is in a really poor way of going though.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

this made me laugh. If you cant see that Lgiel are the form team, unbeaten and the one to watch then you may start following another team lad.
hurl like f**k boi!

getevennotcross

Undoubtedly Loughgiel are the in form team, unbeaten to date if I am correct.  Championship is a long way off though and a different kettle of fish, as they say.  Any team come championship can always step up and provide the odd shock or two.  You never know, St. Galls could possibly reach another county hurling final?? Recent results by the minnows (such as Biddies & Carey) cannot be discounted either, and that is a form of N. Antrim Championship is it not?  Granted, the Biddies and Carey are in a different grade of championship, but still proves perceived lesser teams may bring about the shock! zz zz zz

When are the Feis semi finals?  Always tend to be feisty!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 18, 2015, 08:55:49 AM

this made me laugh. If you cant see that Lgiel are the form team, unbeaten and the one to watch then you may start following another team lad.
No one is saying they aren't in good form DR, but you should know that good form in May does not equate to winning a championship in September/October. To say otherwise is ludicrous. The dall will definitely miss Graffin, a class player, but they've got a great crop of young fellas chomping at the bit to get at it. I've no doubt they'll be a different animal come the autumn.