Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Crap. Late laois goal. Three in it to them.

laoislad

Ah jaysis that was a roller coaster listening to it on the radio.
Well done Antrim. Devastating for Laois.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Antrim goal penalty

imtommygunn

Briiliant... Kevin ryan out ;D

Fair play to them for lifting themselves up after that league campaign.

Jeepers Creepers

5-17 to 3-22 penalty in the blow and 2 behind.

Sleeping giant

Good win, showed character to get the job done. Fair play, I've been a critic for the simple reason I believed we are better than what we had showed. Today was a small step in the right direction. Well done to all involved.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Bonamargy

Great result for Antrim from a good performance. Our shooting needs to improve, the wide count from us was considerable. Laois took most of their scoring opportunities. The referee was firmly Laois' 16th man for 71 and a half minutes and I nearly fainted when he gave us the penalty at the end lol. It was a blatant penalty all the same, but that hadnt stopped him making some bizarre decisions earlier. One of our defenders got a yellow card for a brilliant hook, he overruled the two umpires to award a point they had both given wide and the list of decisions went on and on.

Makes the win all the sweeter and lifted the mood amongst the hurling fans in the county going forward. Well done Kevin Ryan and the boys!

north_antrim_hound

well done to KR and those players they should be very proud
had to play the ref as well, can someone  tell me how a player can take ten steps and fall into the goal mouth with the ball still in his hand get a goal. some of the decisions where baffling and made it all the better
biggest let down today was laois having more fans than us
time for some people to stop moaning and start supporting
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

btdtgtt

Never saw that coming!
Excitement kept the cold at bay!
Well done Clarkie and the rest - the casement but enjoyed themselves!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 03, 2015, 05:58:26 PM
Never saw that coming!
Excitement kept the cold at bay!
Well done Clarkie and the rest - the casement but enjoyed themselves!

clarkie man of the match, looks like hes come of age
i think he should be hitting all our frees now
bradley impressed as well

hurlingstick

That was incredible. Loads of big performances. For me N. McCauley was motm. I'm not Neil McManus's biggest fan but after his display today I'm converted. They couldn't handle him when he went to ff and his goal was incredible. Why was Shorty playing around the half back line? ......you know a ref has had a stinker when both sets of players surround him after the game....absolute stinker.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 03, 2015, 06:11:54 PM
That was incredible. Loads of big performances. For me N. McCauley was motm. I'm not Neil McManus's biggest fan but after his display today I'm converted. They couldn't handle him when he went to ff and his goal was incredible. Why was Shorty playing around the half back line? ......you know a ref has had a stinker when both sets of players surround him after the game....absolute stinker.

forgot to mention Mc auley  he was fantastic. KR had players lined completely different from league and they all worked
shorty was getting through alot or work. so mcuh so they tried hyland on him to curb his influence but had to move him of him again

hurlingstick

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 03, 2015, 06:16:23 PM

forgot to mention Mc auley  he was fantastic. KR had players lined completely different from league and they all worked
shorty was getting through alot or work. so mcuh so they tried hyland on him to curb his influence but had to move him of him again

Shortly was getting a lot of ball and a lot of space .....Happy days. Totally bemused as to why Cheddar took Willie Hyland off. Him and Cha were loading it.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 03, 2015, 06:19:04 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 03, 2015, 06:16:23 PM

Shortly was getting a lot of ball and a lot of space .....Happy days. Totally bemused as to why Cheddar took Willie Hyland off. Him and Cha were loading it.

Hyland asked cheddar why he was took off. I thought maybe he had blew up, was it he sub that came on for him that scored there last goal. if it was then fair enough
i thought some of our defenders where giving way to much  space at times. just not working hard enough when they don't have possession

imtommygunn

How did the newer guys do? Dillon, mc(c)lean, dudley?

Really happy to see that win.

Sie are you there or do you only post when we lose...