Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

The first game is home to Laois on the 3rd may mr2
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 19, 2015, 10:50:10 AM
http://gaeliclife.com/2015/04/john-martin-the-gnashing-of-teeth-feels-hollow/

Decentish article.

I would agree with pretty much all of it, and the points he raises that I agree with - over inflated sense of our place in the hurling world, not enough volunteers etc has been discussed on here.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Minder on April 19, 2015, 10:56:00 AM

Decentish article.

I would agree with pretty much all of it, and the points he raises that I agree with - over inflated sense of our place in the hurling world, not enough volunteers etc has been discussed on here.
so basically the current crop of County players don't want it enough. Is that right?

What he fails to acknowledge is the fact that we've had three all Ireland club champions in the last four years. Yes, we need more volunteers, name a County that doesn't, but we undoubtedly have more talent than what we think. Like yer man here, I attend blitzes.  I attended an underage match in dunloy on Monday night. Both teams gave  it their all. A privilege to watch. Both sets of players a credit to their clubs. Something is wrong somewhere. I don't have the answers. But I do know change is needed. And, for me, that should start with the County board.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 19, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Decentish article.

so basically the current crop of County players don't want it enough. Is that right?

want it enough or aren't good enough?

Oh we beat London!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 19, 2015, 11:15:29 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 19, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Decentish article.

want it enough or aren't good enough?

Oh we beat London!!
this current crop also beat Offaly in the play off last year. So yes, want it enough.

hurlingstick

I'm trying to decide how much of that article was written by simply logging on here. From all the huffing and puffing we have woken up to the simple fact that we are a very mediocre hurling county. Great Club scene???? You're having a laugh. Last season we hadn't one great club side.

Seamroga in exile

You've a very short memory hurlingstick.  ;)

imtommygunn

Sie I don't think winning junior and intermediate club all irelands is particularly relevant to how we compete at senior county. Great achievement for clubs but only loughgiel's achievement shows we have guys who can compete with the best of the best. Using that argument too though carlow should expect to be better. Same could be said for them in the football about ten years ago but club is only a smallcross section and one club competing not necessarily reflective of player standards across the county.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 19, 2015, 12:09:15 PM
Sie I don't think winning junior and intermediate club all irelands is particularly relevant to how we compete at senior county. Great achievement for clubs but only loughgiel's achievement shows we have guys who can compete with the best of the best. Using that argument too though carlow should expect to be better. Same could be said for them in the football about ten years ago but club is only a smallcross section and one club competing not necessarily reflective of player standards across the county.
the thing is Tommy, apart from the 2013 final every County final has been close and could have went either Way. I believe we have talent in this county to do better than we're doing.

the waffler

On what basis should Antrim be a top level county been reading this for a while there is no history of competing at top come the summer

btdtgtt

Nobody thinks top level - but certainly better than 3rd tier.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 19, 2015, 04:33:39 PM
Nobody thinks top level - but certainly better than 3rd tier.
+1

theskull1

How can such statements be said with such certainty ?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

What a result for the deise!