Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on April 11, 2015, 04:32:06 PM
Disappointing for Antrim but justice has been done. Kerry deserved to go up and Antrim deserved to go down.

Absolutely, imsurprised some suit from Croke Pk didn't walk onto the pitch after the game and say "it's best out of 3 lads".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Yes its one mans fault

Laois and Offaly (or Kerry) have no right to beat Antrim
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

thedog 83

Antrim will play in div 2a next year

Westmeath
Carlow
Derry
London
Kildare

At least we have a derby game

imtommygunn

Crap.

Oh well. You get what you deserve.

north_antrim_hound

Dissapointing but fair play to Kerry
On reflection we just scraped past derry last year in the Ulster final so we are division 2 material at the minute
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Antrim Coaster

Antrim playing in Div 2A next season because they are a Div 2A team. I'd be worried going into the Leinster round robin. Laois play in Ballycastle on the May Bank Holiday weekend & will probably hammer Antrim. Carlow will fancy their chance v Antrim in Dr Cullen Park.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on April 11, 2015, 04:32:06 PM
Disappointing for Antrim but justice has been done. Kerry deserved to go up and Antrim deserved to go down.
Aye it shouldn't have to be like that but it's all the sweeter for Kerry. Antrim finally at their level.

auld stock

there can be no justification now for keeping players away from their clubs. let them go to the county one night a week.play with their clubs at all games. if boys get injured thats how it goes. surely the viewing gaa public in antrim deserve to see the best teams every club can put out on the field for league and c'ship.get people back through the gates watching games. then pick the best 15 hurlers in antrim to play games. IMO would def include at least 2 more loughguile players. forget this only people who buy in nonsense. unfortunately this is what happens when you bring a coach in from the south who is then allowed to treat the county team like it was his own club team. saying that i dont blame kevin ryan one bit. he only went as far as the board allowed him to. personally i would love to see better club games consistently . to me it makes perfect sense that when the clubs are stronger then surely the county team will improve?????   really feel for all the players though. giving it all they have all year but sadly pawns in a bigger game

Seamroga in exile

Are we still on the "5 year plan"? We'll be in division 2b at this rate.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on April 11, 2015, 05:03:33 PM
Antrim playing in Div 2A next season because they are a Div 2A team. I'd be worried going into the Leinster round robin. Laois play in Ballycastle on the May Bank Holiday weekend & will probably hammer Antrim. Carlow will fancy their chance v Antrim in Dr Cullen Park.

There's a chance we could lose our first Ulster final in years
But sure it is what it is
Very disappointing
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

theskull1

I would love SIE to take charge and get us back to the upper echelons of the game where we belong. Theres something we're all missing but he can see it. The man has vision
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 11, 2015, 05:31:39 PM
Quote from: Antrim Coaster on April 11, 2015, 05:03:33 PM

There's a chance we could lose our first Ulster final in years
But sure it is what it is
Very disappointing

Dinny Cahill will have Derry fired up for any game with Antrim. Derry looking to go for the Christy Ring this year. It would be no surprise if Derry win the Ulster SHC. Today was no surprise especially after the Laois match in Armoy when Antrim insisted on playing a short ball out of defence with the wind at their back.

getevennotcross

Quote from: hurlingstick on April 11, 2015, 04:26:59 PM
Unbelievable
Do you really thinks so? 7 defeats on the spin, losing does become habit. Embarrassing, but we are where we are because we deserve to be so.  Fair dues to Kerry, they got what they rightly deserved in the first place.  2nd rate manager, 2nd rate players = Div. 2A.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on April 11, 2015, 05:37:59 PM
I would love SIE to take charge and get us back to the upper echelons of the game where we belong. Theres something we're all missing but he can see it. The man has vision
at least my vision isn't blinkered.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Agree 100% with auld stock.  Also. Antrim shouldn't be in D2 BUT deserve to be in D2.  They may well win a few league games next year. But if the current league set up stands.  Could well struggle to get back up for a day or two.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.