Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

A club mate who was at the game said ports got off to a flyer, had a 5 or 6 point lead and inexplicably attempted to play a sweeper which invited the dall onto them and they duly closed the gap. Fair play to them if they sorted it out and pushed on in the second half.

Some pics of Chris hunters big smiling boat race doing the rounds already. He'll be in some state, glad I'm not in his company tonight as you'd get a friendly punch in the jaw handly enough from the big man

Last Man

Intriguing stuff, Ports worked like dogs and got their just rewards.  Like many in C'dall and beyond I didnt see it coming tbh.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 02, 2014, 09:15:35 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on November 02, 2014, 08:42:57 PM
Of course it is disrespectful, I'm not debating that. Watson just couldn't wait to get his phone and spell words wrong on social media!
That unfollow button comes in wile handy PJ.  ;)

Sure I know that..

Sham Man

As I said, Championship is championship, always the potential of the banana skin, Dall, Cross and St. Galls, now who would have thought that? Championship is championship.  Good luck to the Ports, totally deserved their win. ;)
Shamrocks are winners!

Na Glinntí Glasa

def the best team won yesterday. Cushendall didn't get going at all, in fact Portaferry didn't let them. first half portaferry were well on top then just stopped playing for the last 10min of the first half.

second half they came out of the blocks and blitzed Cushendall which they never recovered from. young sands hit two outstanding sidelines from the opposite side of the pitch along with a goal to basically win it.

disappointed for Cushendall but not surprised after seeing them 5 times now in the championship. they were poor against us (we were worse!)and in the antrim final. Sneill should of beat them in the semi at ownebeg and IMO were lucky that Sneill had the football final the week before for the replay.

Cdalls defence is tight and really good but up front they def are lacking. shane will make a big difference when fully fit and his brother will get better with age.

well done to portaferry in winning their first Ulster title.
hurl like f**k boi!

MoChara

Deserved win for Portaferry, they were the better team and had the better hunger first to every ball for most of the game, it was the last ten minutes before the dall realised they weren't gonna win. Disgraceful what happened to McManus off the ball and it wasn't a wonder he wasn't quite the same in the second half as has been seen of him before. I believe the fella got a boot in the knackers from a woman on the side lines for his trouble, pity I missed it.

Very young team there though with  karl mckeegan and Sean Delargy only ones over 30 and a lot of strong teens playing, I think they punched above their weight this year but bodes well for the future.

johnneycool

Quote from: MoChara on November 03, 2014, 11:32:04 AM
Deserved win for Portaferry, they were the better team and had the better hunger first to every ball for most of the game, it was the last ten minutes before the dall realised they weren't gonna win. Disgraceful what happened to McManus off the ball and it wasn't a wonder he wasn't quite the same in the second half as has been seen of him before. I believe the fella got a boot in the knackers from a woman on the side lines for his trouble, pity I missed it.

Very young team there though with  karl mckeegan and Sean Delargy only ones over 30 and a lot of strong teens playing, I think they punched above their weight this year but bodes well for the future.

What happened our Neil?

MoChara

He got the end of a hurl rammed in the side of his faceguard knocking him out, of the ball, then a portaferry player ran over and tried to pick him up.

I know the TV cameras were there, anywhere you could get to watch highlights or that?

Na Glinntí Glasa

I missed that happening. I rem the ferry lad clearing it and Neil was right behind him then next thing I heard a roar and he was on the ground. I didn't see what happened him and if the portaferry man hit him. I seen the woman run onto the pitch as well, she had no right to be there and it could of escalated the situation even more so.

the fella that drew on Karl mc keegan was lucky to stay on as well. though Neil didn't cover himself in glory by falling like a fairy in that scuffle. he goes down too easy, ive said that before on here, he doesn't need to throw his arms up and show the ref he feels he's being fouled.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Quote from: MoChara on November 03, 2014, 11:44:25 AM
He got the end of a hurl rammed in the side of his faceguard knocking him out, of the ball, then a portaferry player ran over and tried to pick him up.

I know the TV cameras were there, anywhere you could get to watch highlights or that?

And you're going to stand over that?  ::)   I'd expect you'd have some serious questions for the Dall management, keeping a concussed man on the pitch and giving him free taking duty
?

The derry wans behind me said he got tackled in the chest by the ports player coming in with a straight hurl just after the ball was away. They said it was a yellow card offence and no more and thought Neil tried to make the most of it by staying down. I myself didn't see it.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Maybe Neil will be throwing his arms in the air alot more if Kevin Ryan extends an invitation to a certain Shamrock? 8)

Does anyone know the situation for relegation in division 2?
Gort Cushendun & Randalstown all level on points - but Randalstwon going down on points difference? Or is there a head2head?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 03, 2014, 01:01:38 PM
Maybe Neil will be throwing his arms in the air alot more if Kevin Ryan extends an invitation to a certain Shamrock? 8)

Does anyone know the situation for relegation in division 2?
Gort Cushendun & Randalstown all level on points - but Randalstwon going down on points difference? Or is there a head2head?

is it 2 up 2 down? Is it like that in every division?

MoChara

Quote from: theskull1 on November 03, 2014, 12:50:50 PM
Quote from: MoChara on November 03, 2014, 11:44:25 AM

And you're going to stand over that?  ::)   I'd expect you'd have some serious questions for the Dall management, keeping a concussed man on the pitch and giving him free taking duty
?

The derry wans behind me said he got tackled in the chest by the ports player coming in with a straight hurl just after the ball was away. They said it was a yellow card offence and no more and thought Neil tried to make the most of it by staying down. I myself didn't see it.

You'd need to ask the medic I was standing a good 100 feet away and if he wasn't fit to play on then certainly it'd raises questions, is anyone going to say he played his usual game in the second half?

theskull1

Quote from: MoChara on November 03, 2014, 02:45:23 PM
You'd need to ask the medic I was standing a good 100 feet away and if he wasn't fit to play on then certainly it'd raises questions, is anyone going to say he played his usual game in the second half?

You were 100 feet away but you know he was knocked unconscious thereby inferring that the Cushendall medics put one of their players life at risk by allowing him to play on?  Or are you just making that bit up?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

MoChara

Quote from: theskull1 on November 03, 2014, 03:24:48 PM
Quote from: MoChara on November 03, 2014, 02:45:23 PM

You were 100 feet away but you know he was knocked unconscious thereby inferring that the Cushendall medics put one of their players life at risk by allowing him to play on?  Or are you just making that bit up?

If you read what I wrote you'd see I said if he wasn't fit to play on then it would raise questions. at no point did I infer he couldn't play on but I feel it clearly affected his play.