Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: Apparently so on April 22, 2014, 05:03:58 PM
I was told a version of events from a neutral who was at the game. According to him, Lamh Dearg were playing very dirty and doing a serious amount of mouthing throughout the game. The player who got the eye injury was playing very dirty on the Glenarm lad who ended up eventually retaliating. The Glenarm player was apparently being struck by the hurl off the ball constantly and an attempted headbutt as well. I'm not excusing the strike to the eye because it sounds a rough one but according to this lad who told the story, there was only so much shite Glenarm could put up with until there was some sort of retaliation. Before the strike to the eye occured, there was a scuffle and one Glenarm lad almost had his ear pulled off him. Its apparently a very serious injury as well

Again, I'm not excusing anything here but there is always something with the city teams. The majority of them are dirty, mouthing b**tards and there are always going to be incidents like this until they stop playing such f**king dirty hurling. U16 final last year? It needs to be clamped down. Glenarm are no angels either but its funny how all the country teams can play good hard hurling against each other but that just isn't possible against the city teams

That's hilarious!
I'd love to hear your opinions on the moon landings and JFK or 9/11.
What a w**ker!

Gizzy15

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 22, 2014, 05:19:22 PM
Quote from: Apparently so on April 22, 2014, 05:03:58 PM
I was told a version of events from a neutral who was at the game. According to him, Lamh Dearg were playing very dirty and doing a serious amount of mouthing throughout the game. The player who got the eye injury was playing very dirty on the Glenarm lad who ended up eventually retaliating. The Glenarm player was apparently being struck by the hurl off the ball constantly and an attempted headbutt as well. I'm not excusing the strike to the eye because it sounds a rough one but according to this lad who told the story, there was only so much shite Glenarm could put up with until there was some sort of retaliation. Before the strike to the eye occured, there was a scuffle and one Glenarm lad almost had his ear pulled off him. Its apparently a very serious injury as well

Again, I'm not excusing anything here but there is always something with the city teams. The majority of them are dirty, mouthing b**tards and there are always going to be incidents like this until they stop playing such f**king dirty hurling. U16 final last year? It needs to be clamped down. Glenarm are no angels either but its funny how all the country teams can play good hard hurling against each other but that just isn't possible against the city teams

That's hilarious!
I'd love to hear your opinions on the moon landings and JFK or 9/11.
What a w**ker!

I don't think it's a problem that can be pinpointed by what divisional board you hurl for. As a city hurler, I have played against many a dirty Cnut from belfast and north antrim. I have also managed underage where a few teams from all areas of antrim have been dirty and hurled like thugs, likewise some were a pleasure to play against, win, lose or draw

Your attempt to tar all belfast clubs as thugs and cnuts, is lazy and a cheap shot. From a lot of years hurling at prob every ground in antrim I would say you could say younger and more immature belfast hurlers could be bigger 'slabbers' on the pitch while from a young age I always found the country hurler to be more cute with his words about your family or place of birth. Cute whores'

Apparently so

Fair enough, that would only be my opinion on it and I'm sure the city lads will have the opposite view in some cases. It has just been my experience of hurling in Antrim. I'm no meaning to offend anyone here or anything and certainly not excusing whatever happened in the game the other day

Northgael1

In reference to the lamb dearg glenarm as someone who was in attendance at the match alot of facts havent been told.
The reason the 18 year old swung out at the player who is in his 30s according to the newspaper,
Is because the glenarm player recieved a head button on his way down the the Field and with his back turned facing the ball he was bit and held onto on his ear which has been put on the refs report this is when he swung around possible mean to hit the player but obviously not cause such severe injury. I believe both the player and club have wished him all the beat and a speedy recovery.

Again iam in no way defending or trying to say what was done isin anyway right just stating facts, idont believe the fact of were lamh dearg are based has anything to do with it tho.

ManInBlackandGreen

I think everyone needs to stop posting there 3rd hand info from "a man that knew a man", the incident is a serious one and both lads don't need this s*** going on, I hope it will all be dealt with in the manner it deserves.

btdtgtt

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on April 23, 2014, 07:50:31 PM
I think everyone needs to stop posting there 3rd hand info from "a man that knew a man", the incident is a serious one and both lads don't need this s*** going on, I hope it will all be dealt with in the manner it deserves.

Very true - but hearing these sob stories about the lovely little lads from the glens who just wanted a game of hurling being driven to this by corner boys from Belfast is fascinating.
Or depressing.
A lad had lost an eye - that the fact we know.
And yet some of the north Antrim posts are just an unfortunate reflection of myopia - it's just daily mail style writing. Pathetic.
Best wishes to the injured lad - and hopefully those poor glens boys can be left in peace to play their games like gentlemen without the violent city folk - with one eye.

Glentaisie

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 23, 2014, 08:02:38 PM

Very true - but hearing these sob stories about the lovely little lads from the glens who just wanted a game of hurling being driven to this by corner boys from Belfast is fascinating.
Or depressing.
And yet some of the north Antrim posts are just an unfortunate reflection of myopia - it's just daily mail style writing. Pathetic.
Best wishes to the injured lad - and hopefully those poor glens boys can be left in peace to play their games like gentlemen without the violent city folk - with one eye.

Heard this myopic shite from you before when you were defending the McCooey U16s.  Who was awarded the U16 B final and why?

btdtgtt

Quote from: Glentaisie on April 23, 2014, 09:02:19 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on April 23, 2014, 08:02:38 PM

Or depressing.

Heard this myopic shite from you before when you were defending the McCooey U16s.  Who was awarded the U16 B final and why?

Nonsense.
Post a quote from me then?
Not once did I defend the actions of the Belfast side that day - I took exception to all city teams being slandered because of it.
Nice attempt to change the subject however - a role in unionist "aye but what about them"
Politics awaits you.

Let's take geography out of it:
Player A hits player B in the face with a hurling stick off the ball.
It results in player B losing an eye.
Player A should be punished to the maximum.
End of story.
Anyone who disagrees with that has no place near our game either.

Northgael1

The fact the other player was locked onto his ear, with him also needing hospital treatment, changes all that especially when there was no intent to strike through the face guard altho maybe intrnt to strike out. Its just an incident that seems to have  left a lad in a very bad perdicument its up to the county board now to sort it out.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Northgael1 on April 23, 2014, 09:56:18 PM
The fact the other player was locked onto his ear, with him also needing hospital treatment, changes all that especially when there was no intent to strike through the face guard altho maybe intrnt to strike out. Its just an incident that seems to have  left a lad in a very bad perdicument its up to the county board now to sort it out.

I find it hard to understand how someone can be biting an ear while the other person can simultaneously strike them thru a face guard with a hurl? Interesting. Really.
And needless to say the Lamh dearg lads have an entirely different view of things - they must all be terrible cannibal lying thugs from the city. Hope that glenarm lads hurl wasn't hurt anyway such nice folk.

Northgael1

Only going by what was seen and the ref report sent to county board and clubs.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Northgael1 on April 23, 2014, 11:17:26 PM

I'll wait and see if the ref can explain how that's physically possible to strike a hurl thru the face-guard of a man who is biting your ear then?
And I'll wait to see if we're at the stage where a deliberate strike with the hurl, off the ball, resulting in the loss of an eye, can be so easily mitigated.
That city fecker tryin to steal a nice north Antrim hurl with his eye eh.
Jesus lads just a f**king grip.

theskull1

IF and I really do mean IF someone in an unprovoked attack, bit my ear and I had a stick in my hand, I'm not sure what I would do, but Im sure at that moment I would feel he'd deserve whatever misfortune came to him. Regrets I'm sure would come later. Terrible stuff.

Hate to see intentionally loose/dirty hurling at juvenile especially. A sign the coaching standards are poor if respect isn't drilled into a young hurler from the get go.

Never heard of anything like what has been conveyed, on a hurling pitch.

Btw...this is no justification. The offending player will have to be dealt with regardless of what justification he might feel he had to react.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

manballandall

Quote from: hardstation on April 23, 2014, 10:44:34 PM
Casement Social Club are running a bus to Ballycastle on Sunday.
£10 return which includes a drink in the club when the bus arrives back.

Leaves Casement at 12:45
Leaves Ballycastle at 17:00

Tickets available from the club.

HS can you guarantee the club will be open or will there be a blue bag crowd outside casement lol

imtommygunn

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 24, 2014, 12:00:12 AM
Quote from: Northgael1 on April 23, 2014, 11:17:26 PM

I'll wait and see if the ref can explain how that's physically possible to strike a hurl thru the face-guard of a man who is biting your ear then?
And I'll wait to see if we're at the stage where a deliberate strike with the hurl, off the ball, resulting in the loss of an eye, can be so easily mitigated.
That city fecker tryin to steal a nice north Antrim hurl with his eye eh.
Jesus lads just a f**king grip.

Seriously ... One or maybe two people have came on here and talked about city teams. You have no idea what happened and nor do I. Just defend the city team sure. I won't defend either of them because I don't know what happened but the end result is a horrendous one. You are constantly on here with your conspiracies against city teams too so maybe it is you who needs to get a grip.

It will all come out in the wash and whatever happened should never be allowed to happen again.