Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Good thing I'm in Nowlan park!

Beautiful day and the cats starting to get going.

How's tullamore?

Seamroga in exile

Bit of a dirty slap there by the king.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Minder

Antrim getting some shellacking in Offaly

Offaly 5-16 Antrim 1-3 HT

:-[
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Did they bring the U-12s down ?

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 23, 2014, 03:11:26 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 23, 2014, 02:55:57 PM
Did they bring the U-12s down ?
aye. U21s.  :-X
McManus obviously picked the wrong team today.  ;)

Cue 5 pages of soul-searching about what is wrong with Antrim hurling...

glens73

It's all a cunning plan to ambush Offaly next week!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 23, 2014, 02:26:16 PM
Bit of a dirty slap there by the king.

Didn't see it lost it tayto but I won't be criticising Henry from Matt the millers pub!

Waterford started brightly but once Kilkenny lifted the tempo it looked like Waterford knew they were no match. A lot of Kilkenny men have *NO* idea what their line up will be by championship time - maybe that's a good thing for those looking the 1-15 jersey? I don't know if they will beat Clare but it's another excellent season ahead. ((For spectators))

Where does the balance in hurling lie between speed and physicality now?

Another thing was the amount of kids at the game - huge interest and everything geared towards them. Didn't stay long enough but the fact they all gather at gate at o'loughlin Gaels side suggests the players came out to meet them etc.

I'm working in Waterford tomorro they might be in for a tough summer never mind Monday morning!

Minder

We are always whinging in Antrim about not enough games against decent opposition, so we had a "free" one today, nothing at stake, so what do we do send the kids down.

Surely at this time of the year the players would want all the match practice they can get? Why not try and build on a decent performance from last week ? Have we a secret weapon for next week that they didnt want Offaly to see? As they say, only in Antrim.

Lone Shark

Quote from: hardstation on March 23, 2014, 04:29:31 PM
We didn't know what time the match was at??

Seemingly not. Arrived at 1:50, Kevin Ryan said that they thought the game was down for 3pm. Not sure how he thought that, but he also added that he felt they "didn't get enough co-operation from the referee". I'm not sure what exactly that's code for, or what he wanted to be honest. The throw in was pushed out 15 minutes, any more and you set a bad precedent of allowing visitors to disrupt throw ins by deliberately arriving late.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on March 23, 2014, 07:14:00 PM
Pathetic.
As you said, are these the people you want running a multi-million pound stadium?!

"Wha, Ulster Final you say? TODAY?!"

"Frankie... Tyrone are playing Down here later today - put some bog roll in the toilets and head down to the cash and carry for a few boxes of Tayto and Mars Bars. And make sure you get pound coins in the change for the ticket man. Hopefully there won't be many turning up..."

Minder

Why have Antrim got a home match for the relegation play off ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on March 23, 2014, 08:36:23 PM
Why have Antrim got a home match for the relegation play off ?

Waterford also play Dublin in Waterford next week
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on March 23, 2014, 09:18:22 PM
I got a text message telling me I'm talking nonsense on that board.

Antrim had only 2 home games, Offaly had 3.

Not the first time eh?

I've had a few of those
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Antrim should be trying to win every single game we can - we're not exactly coming down with victories that a few players can step out super confident. Winning games is never a bad thing - that should have been the aim today - and every day.

To send down young lads for a stuffing shows a lack of respect for them and no interest in the future since Ryan won't be about anyway.

Do we really believe not showing our hand gives on minuscule bit of advantage next week? I would rather have put in a strong performance, even a win, then made Offaly realise they hadda come to us next week.

The Antrim twitter account (Brendan please comment?) made a pathetic comment about supporters complaining - and would they go to ballycastle next week?
Again I'm reminded of the website guest book - contempt for supporters.
What about those who went to tullamore to be betrayed?
What about giving them a reason to support the team in ballycastle?
What about treating paying supporters with respect?

It's not county admin job to argue with our own! It's about fostering a sense of togetherness rather than being abrasive! But then some of the casement suits have no notion of that and want to fight & argue to preserve their notional power.
When was the last thing they did successfully and without controversy for Christ sake!