Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizzy15

Quote from: Bonamargy on February 16, 2014, 07:44:20 PM
McManus had been yellow carded, given away a couple more frees, the ref noted this again in his book. He then got involved in the scuffle where the Wexford player got a straight red just before half time, I was expecting Neil to get a second yellow at that stage, so it was no surprise that he was subbed at half time as he was going to be sent off the next time he fouled. Was surprised to see him thrown back on again with 10 mins to go. Nearly got a draw at the end only for shorty to miss the difficult free

Just not good enough, all this talk of improvement since two years ago under wallace is a load of s#it. Even then we beat wexford and stayed up without a playoff. Just look at sound bites each jan, feb and march for the last 5 to 10 years and the players say the same things and come out with the same catchy phrases each year, "new manager and hungry squad".  " put last year behind us and looking forward" ....... Same crap different year.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Bonamargy on February 16, 2014, 07:35:47 PM
Antrims tactics of playing a sweeper with the wind at their backs just baffled me. Kept pumping the ball into the Wexford backs. Was a really bad clash of strips today with Antrim wearing the black and saffron strip, can't have been easy for the players, certainly wasn't easy to pick players out watching from the sideline. Nice jersey, but play in the saffron at home!

Aye, was texting someone at it to find out the score and they said the jersey colours were confusing him on the sideline.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: thedog 83 on February 16, 2014, 05:54:03 PM
I was at the match today and I couldn't understand Antrim's tactics at all.  With the wind in the 1st half we played a 2 man full forward line and played a natural corner forward in midfield.  A few times we had chances for shots at the posts from 50-60 yards but we decided to pump ball continually into the wexford full back line and with the spare man there, the ball got cleared easily.

Then when Clarkie got took off, Mattie Donnelly went to c3q's and Conor Carson went into full forward line, which I think was a bad call by the sideline cause Lee Chin came well into the game and Conor Carson effect on the game waned.

When Wexford went down to 14 men (think decision was softish) we still let Wexford have a free man in the back line and we had 2 men spare who basically done nothing productive at all round the middle of the field.

I didnt see many positives at all today, apart from Woody, Ciaran Johnston, Conor Carson and Shorty from the team that started and Conor Johnstom and Eoghan Campbell when introduced went well.

Wexford were there for the taking we were very, very poor.  i think a long hard season is in store for the lads.

Not tactically astute today
All points made spot on. Even our puck outs where suspect. Kept  trying to hit mc Kenna in second half, Wexford copped on and put chin on him. Short puck outs didn't work either as our corner backs where predictable with deliveries. Sideline continued on from ulster final in leaving mc manus on the square. Didn't work in first( full back well on top) and didn't work in second half when he came back on. I think what he has to offer won't work at full forward.

A sweeping roll for more experienced players than young kevo.
Players who can feel ok after that shorty, Neil mc auley, woody and mc Kenna in spells
Bad performance on the sidelines too
Staying up could be a struggle this year when you look at Laois today
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Bonamargy

https://www.facebook.com/john.mcilwaine.142/posts/288162274668529:0

Look at this photo Curly put on Facebook and you will see the problem with the clash of jerseys

How do you add photos on this page?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: hardstation on February 16, 2014, 09:24:18 PM
Why the fcuk are we tackling our own players? FFS!

Beat me to it! >:(

Bonamargy

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Curleys days as top tog are numbered  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on February 16, 2014, 09:40:17 PM
Curleys days as top tog are numbered  ;)

I didn't take this one lol, I've a few from the Loughgiel game and I don't even know how to get them on the computer lol

Seamroga in exile

Lads. It's ok. It's a happy camp.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 16, 2014, 10:08:16 PM

Good man sie. Sink the boot in your county again.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 16, 2014, 10:12:37 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 16, 2014, 10:08:16 PM

Good man sie. Sink the boot in your county again.

He can't help himself
Every time
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Of course. It's my fault.  ::)

Seamroga in exile

Three years this has been going on.