Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

StPauls, Pearses, Lamh Dearg, Coleraine all pulled out of the minor B league. Don't know where Sarsfields, Stinsons, Creggan were. You just can't keep throwing a ball in once a week for a few months a year and expect any youngster to enjoy playing the game. A lot of clubs not doing/able to do enough
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

saffron89

cushendun v creggan in a junior final before it I think

all we need now is the weather

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: theskull1 on September 23, 2013, 10:55:13 PM
StPauls, Pearses, Lamh Dearg, Coleraine all pulled out of the minor B league. Don't know where Sarsfields, Stinsons, Creggan were. You just can't keep throwing a ball in once a week for a few months a year and expect any youngster to enjoy playing the game. A lot of clubs not doing/able to do enough
head that as well. totally unfair on the lads at B grade where they were left in position where they had no game for months due to clubs pulling out. we couldnt of put them into the A grade as they are far too young to be competing at that level.
hurl like f**k boi!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: saffron89 on September 24, 2013, 08:03:21 AM

Is this the start of something decent for Cushendun as they have dropped a long way from playing Div 1 and SHC?

theskull1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 24, 2013, 01:53:17 PM

Is this the start of something decent for Cushendun as they have dropped a long way from playing Div 1 and SHC?

I know they lost the junior final last year to St Endas

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on September 24, 2013, 01:55:33 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 24, 2013, 01:53:17 PM

I know they lost the junior final last year to St Endas

Is it a young team on the way up or still backboned by the lads who played most of the late 90's and 00's for them?

ManInBlackandGreen

I hear Hassan was royally shafted for county Hurling Final, ex said no to Derry referee! Unreal, between Reilly and Elliott then.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on September 24, 2013, 02:31:51 PM
I hear Hassan was royally shafted for county Hurling Final, ex said no to Derry referee! Unreal, between Reilly and Elliott then.

Garret not involved? Terry may get the nod then. Thought Mark would have had a chance seeing he'd done very well this year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on September 24, 2013, 02:31:51 PM

Heard he might be getting the Down gig the same day, no confirmation as yet.

btdtgtt

Terry Reilly? For a county hurling final?

Where is Hassan from?
Its a bit inconsistent saying he's good to have come and do our league games but not championship no?

I know there's a bit of "share it about" but surely the best man should get the job!
Don't think that's Mark either Mr2!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 24, 2013, 02:44:01 PM
Terry Reilly? For a county hurling final?

Where is Hassan from?
Its a bit inconsistent saying he's good to have come and do our league games but not championship no?

I know there's a bit of "share it about" but surely the best man should get the job!
Don't think that's Mark either Mr2!

I've no problems with any referee who referee's in Antrim and gets Championship games, be he a Down man or a Derry man, wouldn't be a bad idea for the Antrim referees to do also the Down championships, and when the Derry lads fully commit to the Antrim leagues they will also be available for their championships.

So who is the best man btdtgtt? Mark has done well, players respect him and he's consistant, ie players know his style, likewise Terry. Owen in my view has refereed the same way for a long time, so again you know what to expect same as Garret.

I think we get lost on who's the referee a bit, I know I did as a manager but that's cause you want the best for the team, but deep down if the team is well prepared and disciplined then the referee will have no bearing on your game, end off.

This game on Sunday will be as good as it gets I feel. The Dall hurt form last year, getting knocked out by Dunloy, Loughgiel frustrated at not getting back at Croke and two teams that, lets be honest don't like each other. Great ingredients me thinks for a tasty dish!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

I honestly believe there'll be 10 points in it. Loughgiel have a well established proven team who know how to win and have paced themselves right.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on September 24, 2013, 03:24:55 PM
I honestly believe there'll be 10 points in it. Loughgiel have a well established proven team who know how to win and have paced themselves right.

Been thinking the same but they haven't really opened the shoulders in Antrim finals of late, why would Sunday be any different? Cushendall have managed to keep a lead and win out, will their lapse in the game mean that Loughgiel get the upper hand and win?

ManInBlackandGreen

Mark got the U21 so he is , and duffy does the appointments so hes out, he can't recommend himself or maybe he could? I agree mr2, it will be a hot one need a strong experienced team for this one I think anyway.

Na Glinntí Glasa

I'm gona upset the trend here and back the dall to win by 3 points.

They have a lot of good young players in their ranks, plus they are hungry to win it this year. I seem that from them on sat past. The youth they have brought in has strengthen them and with that good minor team working its way up it bodes well for them.

Lgiel are still damn good but age is the thing that's catching them up. Too many on the wrong side of 30. Do they have the same drive to win it again? Maybe but is it the same as cushendalls? I don't think it.

I do think lgiel are a good team, great players amongst them like Eddie, liam and shay who can win games on their own. I just feel that theirs a change in the guard coming.......
hurl like f**k boi!