Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on September 18, 2013, 11:14:10 AM
Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 18, 2013, 09:58:37 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 18, 2013, 08:23:26 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 18, 2013, 07:54:03 AM
Dunloy v cdall is now moved to 4.15 to allow for the intermediate final to be played before hand between ahoghill and carey.

But both clubs arnt happy because if there's a straw that game would go to extra time, then a presentation etc meaning both senior teams would be delayed etc.

Apparently both clubs want our game to be first and then let that fonal be played after it.

That would also make sense in terms of the conditions, get a wet day with a match on before it and the pitch is going to be cut into ribbons.

Why would it make sense? Why should any of the teams have to play on a pitch "cut into ribbons" - it is the Intermediate Final which deverves as much respect as the Senior semi-final. 

Why does it have to be a double header?

What was the Loughgiel pitch like after the MHC double header on Sunday?

Two games again this weekend in Loughgiel seems a bit ambitious - it would be better splitting the games at times & venues that you can attend both games.

Not saying anyone should have to play on a cut up pitch, but if im picking between which game should get first go at a decent pitch, by pure logic it is the Senior game. Take it up with the fixture makers who added the IHF to the bill after the fact.

I personally think it's nuts to play it before the game and it should be a stand alone fixture or even done on the day of the Junior final. I didn't realise it was fixed for this weekend until I seen this post.

I've just checked my phone hirty so I can talk about it :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

aontroim

Dunloy v cdall is now moved to 4.15 to allow for the intermediate final to be played before hand between ahoghill and carey.

But both clubs arnt happy because if there's a straw that game would go to extra time, then a presentation etc meaning both senior teams would be delayed etc.

Apparently both clubs want our game to be first and then let that fonal be played after it.

Finals go to a replay, not extra time in the initial game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: aontroim on September 18, 2013, 11:35:04 AM

Finals go to a replay, not extra time in the initial game.

Yeah that's true
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lecale2

Has any date been set for the senior final?

Na Glinntí Glasa

apparently this will go to extra time. the calender is so tight now the ulster championship fixtures are set in stone for the intermediate

its madness as per usual. all our county see's here is ££££££££££ for the double header. who cares about the clubs!

if there is a winner then the presentation is on the pitch in front of the changing rooms, players and supporters around etc. the cdall and dunloys will be trying to get throught all that to do warm ups. they will tear the pitch up for us, or we will do it to them etc etc. its unfair on people. also we have supporters wanting to attend the camogie semi final in Armoy v Portgleone!!

apparently if we dont agree to it we will be shifted to the sunday for a double header in ballycastle! pricks.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 18, 2013, 12:51:14 PM
Has any date been set for the senior final?
its still set for the 29th in either loughiel or ballycastle apparently.

if either of the semi finals ends up a draw does it go to a replay?
hurl like f**k boi!

Two Hands FFS

Dunloy v C'Dall at 2.45pm now.
Intermediate Final at 4.15pm

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 18, 2013, 03:28:29 PM

Would someone make up their mind??? Ok that's better I'll get up to see the senior game

Na Glinntí Glasa

Just heard that there now myself.
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Are we not a Hurling county? This smacks to me of getting another match out of the way and off the calendar, before 3pm on Saturday for the semi final of our top or supposed top competition.

Other counties are busy promoting these types of games and we are busy get them out of the way.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on September 18, 2013, 03:59:55 PM

Are we not a Hurling county? This smacks to me of getting another match out of the way and off the calendar, before 3pm on Saturday for the semi final of our top or supposed top competition.

Other counties are busy promoting these types of games and we are busy get them out of the way.

I'd say there's a shortage of Sundays due to the Ulster club championship being scheduled for some time in October, then nada for the eventual winners until february.

I'd say officialdom in Antrim will be praying there's no draws this weekend.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on September 18, 2013, 04:11:38 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 18, 2013, 03:59:55 PM

I'd say there's a shortage of Sundays due to the Ulster club championship being scheduled for some time in October, then nada for the eventual winners until february.

I'd say officialdom in Antrim will be praying there's no draws this weekend.

Which in fairness is not Antrim fault, Ulster council at fault for rushing through a hurling programme when the Ulster winner won't be playing their semi final till Feb!!!!

imtommygunn

What about this sunday?

Or wait till the junior final and double header?

btdtgtt

Fixture chaos in Antrim again? Who would have thought!

Especially after we've been lecturing Ireland about the U21 fixture.
But sure we'll still get the big joe Edwards routine!

Mind you - perhaps if the county season wasnt so stretched out there would be more time for the majority of Gaels.

Hope it all works out for the clubs involved.

Mario

Lads, putting on a wee accumulator on some championship games at the weekend. I see Ballycastle are 10/3 with paddypower, do they have a chance with all these u21 hurlers or would I be better burning my money?