Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Is Joe Edwards not a Rossa man or was??

SambaSaffron

Quote from: hardstation on August 30, 2013, 09:10:33 AM
Quote from: SambaSaffron on August 30, 2013, 09:04:57 AM
Quote from: hardstation on August 29, 2013, 05:49:07 PM
And there's more.....

It transpired shortly before that that Moneyglass are attempting to claim the points for the senior football game we got called off due to an Ulster U21 championship game being on at the same time. Despite granting it, the county then started hmming and haaing.
That's complete bullshit.
Although Moneyglass were never told about the game being postponed until they arrived at the ground.
Really? As of last night, our boys were still uncertain of it being played again and some even reckoned we'd lost the points.
First I heard of it. Can see this season dragging on a bit, is there a cut-off date? I'd be pretty sure it'll be played.

NAG1

Lads can we move away from the actual personal comments, I for one dont mind anyone calling him out for his lack of ability as a county administrator and for anything along those lines. But at the end of the day he is a volunteer doing a job I dare say none of us on here would relish doing.

NAG1

Quote from: hardstation on August 30, 2013, 11:20:05 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 30, 2013, 11:00:25 AM
Lads can we move away from the actual personal comments, I for one dont mind anyone calling him out for his lack of ability as a county administrator and for anything along those lines. But at the end of the day he is a volunteer doing a job I dare say none of us on here would relish doing.
He doesn't have to talk to people the way he does, volunteer or not. The comments were nothing to do with his role in the county but how he treats people like they are shit off his shoe.

HS I am in agreement with you completely, but all I am saying is that if we allow it to become a personal thing then we lose the power of the argument, that this is not the way we want our county to be run and not how we want things done.

Na Glinntí Glasa

joe does what he wants - simple as that.

the count dont give a shit about the clubs, they care more about getting over excited about the ulster football championship and potential money that they can make in a year!

people have lost faith in them a long time ago. no talking now from them will convince me and alot of other people i would say that they can improve. they are too stuck in their crap ways
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

on another note, hurling championship tonight! :)

think lgiel will win with alot to spare with this game, potentially 20+ points. best of luck to cloughmills though, they have done well to be competing in their first ever senior hulring championship match and i hope they enjoy it.
hurl like f**k boi!

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 30, 2013, 12:45:30 PM
on another note, hurling championship tonight! :)

think lgiel will win with alot to spare with this game, potentially 20+ points. best of luck to cloughmills though, they have done well to be competing in their first ever senior hulring championship match and i hope they enjoy it.

Indeed, fair play to them for the work they have done this past 20 years.  Whilst they may not win tonight its a great achievment for the club.  Hopefully they can carry their recent progression forward.

btdtgtt

Quote from: johnneycool on August 30, 2013, 10:38:34 AM

St. Paul's man.

Heard a connection with a Belfast club which is no longer in existence but I can't confirm that.

Minder

My abiding memory of Joe Edwards is during a game against St Pauls him "offering on" a young disabled fella that has been our mascot/water boy for years, over a disputed line ball.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 30, 2013, 01:20:43 PM

St. Paul's man.

Heard a connection with a Belfast club which is no longer in existence but I can't confirm that.

The best laugh I had at Joe was the day of the infamous Cork v Antrim senior game in Croke park where Dinny belittled a few of the Cork players in the build up. That day Joe was setting out the balls for the Antrim warm up before they came out and had set them up in the same side as the Cork lads were already set up, it would have possibly worked out if Antrim had come out first, but they didn't, the Cork lads came out and pucked all the Antrim balls into the Canal end.

that little bit of gamesmanship sadly came to nothing.

theskull1

Any truth in the news I heard that the Lamhs pitch is lined that tight that (if there were enough goal posts) both games could be played side by side on Sunday. Sure we could all get home for the minor match on TV?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Quote from: theskull1 on August 30, 2013, 01:58:41 PM
Any truth in the news I heard that the Lamhs pitch is lined that tight that (if there were enough goal posts) both games could be played side by side on Sunday. Sure we could all get home for the minor match on TV?

Where's that come from?
Mickey Johnston antics?

Glensman

St Pauls. Not sure if anywhere before there.

Agree with MR2 and the head on the block comment - pretty thankless task. Some actions appear not particularly helpful and obtrusive but pretty hard job.

jftj

2 years ago we(johnnies)got a player sent off up at toome.the referree sent the wrong player off and the lad got 3 mnths for it.we appealed it and went up to the meeting with joe edwards.geordie mcguckin from cargin came to the meeting as he witnessed what had happened.geordie explained the ref had got the wrong man,the offender had black hair and the lad who got the line was blonde.joe edwards just decided to ignore us and geordie and unbelievably upheld the suspension.to me that was just like calling a good honest gael like geordie  a liar.if this man gets the chair its up there with dawson keeping his job.

ArfurFoxAche

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 30, 2013, 03:09:03 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on August 30, 2013, 01:58:41 PM

Where's that come from?
Mickey Johnston antics?

Bollix....Lamh Dhearg's pitch is lined out to the same width as it always is.  You think Lamh Dhearg would entertain a request from St John's to narrow their pitch, thereby losing all credibility with the rest of the clubs and ruining their chances of hosting additional championship matches?  Or maybe wee Joe told them to do it as part of his cunning plan for world domination...