Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

HS I don't think the local community ever doubted there was cloaks & daggers with this.
Most fell at the promise of the shiny new stadium "for free". Those in power in antrim were able to exploit this.
Some of the stuff in the press has been nothing short of propeganda! Few people have considered the big picture.
The guys who fought this deserve huge credit they really do - although given BM as man I am not surprised he refused to lie down.
Fair dues to them - and good luck to them!

Leyland

Had an interesting chat with a loughiel man last night at a wedding party. Seems to be a bit of division within the camp over mr Watson. Apparently he had retired, sent all the players a text, a letter to the club etc etc. played last Friday night for Ballymoney, and now has returned to the fold. This man said a lot of players especially the younger lads are very annoyed and feel that they are not getting the chance. In particular pj o Mullen came in for some harsh words from the gentleman.

They feel that if they step out of line they get crucified but mr Watson just keeps doing what he wants. 

It's interesting what you hear over a few beers.

Seamroga in exile

If you weren't convinced before you should be now. It's ballycastle's for the taking.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Leyland

Exile you keep coming out with the same dung. We won't win it this year. But we will win it soon. I'm just relaying the conversation I had with one if your members last night over a beer. As for the championship, it will be lgiel v cushendall final. Simple as.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Leyland on August 10, 2013, 11:09:39 AM
Exile you keep coming out with the same dung. We won't win it this year. But we will win it soon. I'm just relaying the conversation I had with one if your members last night over a beer. As for the championship, it will be lgiel v cushendall final. Simple as.
nothing beats the word of a drunk man at a wedding as we all can testify Leyland.

Leyland

So you are saying Mr Watson never claimed he retired? You claim he was injured and missed last weeks championship opener. Your clubmate says he played football for ballymoney v coleraine. Not the actions of an injured man.

Point I found interesting was the lack of respect your clubmate had for pj. I genuinely thought he was a god in your part of the world. He certainly claims to be.

Seamroga in exile

In glad we're generating so much interest from other clubs. It sends out the message that there's nothing going on within your own club. A sorry state of affairs I'd say.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Leyland on August 10, 2013, 11:38:53 AM
So you are saying Mr Watson never claimed he retired? You claim he was injured and missed last weeks championship opener. Your clubmate says he played football for ballymoney v coleraine. Not the actions of an injured man.

Point I found interesting was the lack of respect your clubmate had for pj. I genuinely thought he was a god in your part of the world. He certainly claims to be.

In fairness to watson. He might not have been playing last Sunday, but he was at an u10 hurling blitz with LG we where hosting. Helping with his club youth. He deserves most of the criticism he gets so fair dues to him when he is doing so something like that
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Of course nah. But that doesn't fit with the public enemy #1 persona that you all give him. It's easier to put him down. Never mind he done things on the hurling field that we all dream about.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 10, 2013, 08:24:00 PM
Of course nah. But that doesn't fit with the public enemy #1 persona that you all give him. It's easier to put him down. Never mind he done things on the hurling field that we all dream about.
You don't think he's earned this himself in any way SiE?
He's too fond of the attention for whatever reason and however he gets it - I don't think anyone can really disput that.

Seamroga in exile

It's all about perception. If he'd done what a certain individual done at an awards dinner last year he'd have been lambasted and called all the names of the day all year. But he didn't and someone else did. Hardly a word said about it. It's because he's from loughgiel and he is who he is.

End of.

btdtgtt

I'm taking neither side here but "hardly a word about it" is just not true since yourself and others highlighted on this board.
Also - the Watson circus is an annual event. Support ur clubman by all means but we just can't seriously claim that the fella's hurling ability comes with an exhausting amount of sideshows.
Not all them can be blamed on others - he consistently gives them ammunition and to be honest I think that's what he wants - attention.

I put him and a certain bog baller McGourty in exactly the same light. Unfortunately outside their own club they will be remembered most for their attention seeking circus acts.

HS he was at feile today - very different person depending on who he is talking to. Was a fine gentleman with my good self obviously!

Seamroga in exile

And you'll also note that anything to do with winker is brought up by other club's supporters.  Not people from loughgiel. Both on here and in the real world. Speaks volumes if you ask me.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on August 10, 2013, 11:36:32 PM
What is the current problem with Winker? Is it simply that he packed it in and has now changed his mind? Doesn't this happen all the time, in every club and nothing has ever been said (as it's not a big issue).

Time for people to have a wee think, as I'm sure there are people in every club who have done similar.

Chris Hamill & Paul Close have done similar in our club recently and everyone was just delighted to have them back.

FFS, Paul Scholes did it with Man United and was hailed a hero for it.

I get the impression that Liam Watson can't have a skittery shite without some knobhead holding it against him.
indeed hs.  Summed up perfectly.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on August 10, 2013, 11:36:32 PM
What is the current problem with Winker? Is it simply that he packed it in and has now changed his mind? Doesn't this happen all the time, in every club and nothing has ever been said (as it's not a big issue).

Time for people to have a wee think, as I'm sure there are people in every club who have done similar.

Chris Hamill & Paul Close have done similar in our club recently and everyone was just delighted to have them back.

FFS, Paul Scholes did it with Man United and was hailed a hero for it.

I get the impression that Liam Watson can't have a skittery shite without some knobhead holding it against him.

he can shite as many times and where ever he wants, I can only speak for my self when i Say who cares. I don't know what is worse, all the post and fascination with him fueled by him and his behavior or SIE trying in vein to convince his detractors that in below it all he really is a nice chap. this has been dragging on for 3 days now, are there no other subjects more interesting than this. I appeal to all posters to move on and SIE to have his children and leave it at that

Whats the story with Antrim u 21s. I read there that wexford have lost two of there best players to injury and we only got 8 to our last training session. By some accounts this isn't the worst bunch of players so why no interest. Ryan must be wondering the same
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets