Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

You would imagine the county would consult clubs - but this is Antrim!
I suppose we can wait until the finalist are decided and it'll all become clear.

I'm off up to Rossa park tonite - they play portaferry.
Last chance for some points or pack the bags HS!

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 07, 2013, 04:04:20 PM
You would imagine the county would consult clubs - but this is Antrim!
I suppose we can wait until the finalist are decided and it'll all become clear.

I'm off up to Rossa park tonite - they play portaferry.
Last chance for some points or pack the bags HS!

We've the johnnies down tonight, only the one team, but they may just sneak a win as although we've a few lads back from Sunday, we may still be short in options up the field when scores are required..

Sleeping giant

So the two semi finals  are on the same night by all accounts.  Not like the county board at all.  Surely one sat evening and one Sunday would of got good crowds at both,  for once they haven't thought of the gate.  And as usual there not thinking of clubs
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

btdtgtt

That's goodnight for Rossa hardstation!
Great game tho!

A draw a fair result in the end - great game to watch.

I don't think there was ever more than a couple of points in it to either team. Final score was 22 or 23 points a piece. Says it all!

On the whole I felt Rossa seemed to battle hard for their scores whilst the ports seemed to pick of easier points - read into that what you will.

Puck outs were a big point - portaferry had the upper hand here. They had strong forwards winning possession while Rossa were a bit lighter.

For Rossa - bell & Hamill are the only players who seem to force the game. Whilst Michael Armstrong was best up front. Shannon also had a good game.
For the ports - branniff is a great player and was their go to man - not sure the other number11 johnnycool - a big fella was also winning ball.

All in all in was a smashing game of hurling - a result that suits the ards men more than Rossa I think!

CitySlicker11

O`Donovan Rossa GAC 0-22   0-22   St.Patricks, Portaferry       
Cuchullains-Dunloy 1-14   1-17   Ruairí Óg   Cuchullians-Dunloy
Ballygalget 3-10 1-17 St John's GAC   Ballygalget       
Loughgiel Shamrocks 0-17 2-11 Mac Uilin CLG   

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 07, 2013, 09:48:18 PM
That's goodnight for Rossa hardstation!
Great game tho!

A draw a fair result in the end - great game to watch.

I don't think there was ever more than a couple of points in it to either team. Final score was 22 or 23 points a piece. Says it all!

On the whole I felt Rossa seemed to battle hard for their scores whilst the ports seemed to pick of easier points - read into that what you will.

Puck outs were a big point - portaferry had the upper hand here. They had strong forwards winning possession while Rossa were a bit lighter.

For Rossa - bell & Hamill are the only players who seem to force the game. Whilst Michael Armstrong was best up front. Shannon also had a good game.
For the ports - branniff is a great player and was their go to man - not sure the other number11 johnnycool - a big fella was also winning ball.

All in all in was a smashing game of hurling - a result that suits the ards men more than Rossa I think!

They only need to win one game to go above Glenariffe
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

CitySlicker11

Has it not been confirmed if it is 2 down or not?

If not then it could be a very valuable point for Rossa, who i thought were unlucky tonight not to get the win.

Jesusjones

Big result for us tonight beating Dunloy. On a nice roll at the moment.

pullhard

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 07, 2013, 09:51:56 PM

Both interesting results? any game reports ?

Jesusjones

Cushendall dominated the first half, Alex Delargy was excellent with 3 points from play. Dunloy came well into it in the second half and closed the gap to 2 on one occasion but could never get closer than that. Ryan Mc Cambridge went onto Shorty after about ten minutes and did well on him. Dunloy forwards wern't great, Shorty from frees did the most of their scoring. I think he got about 1-8 or 1-9 from frees. Referee allowed Dunloy away with a savage amount of over carrying.

CastleCamog

Quote from: pullhard on August 07, 2013, 10:22:04 PM

Interesting indeed!  But according to all critics we're not even on the radar!  Beat them once, drew with them once and beat by them by only couple of points.  Our lads had unbelievably ropey first half and to come away with a draw is more than heartening.  They fought for all they were worth in the second half and deserved the draw at the very least.  At the end of normal time the Town were two points clear.  Jackie Carson played for the draw without a shadow of a doubt.  But hey.......we'll settle for the draw and see what Championship brings!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CastleCamog on August 07, 2013, 10:44:11 PM

Interesting indeed!  But according to all critics we're not even on the radar!  Beat them once, drew with them once and beat by them by only couple of points.  Our lads had unbelievably ropey first half and to come away with a draw is more than heartening.  They fought for all they were worth in the second half and deserved the draw at the very least.  At the end of normal time the Town were two points clear. Jackie Carson played for the draw without a shadow of a doubt.  But hey.......we'll settle for the draw and see what Championship brings!!

What a load of balls, played for a draw? Hmmm how do you do that? as a referee?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CastleCamog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 07, 2013, 10:45:51 PM
Quote from: CastleCamog on August 07, 2013, 10:44:11 PM

Interesting indeed!  But according to all critics we're not even on the radar!  Beat them once, drew with them once and beat by them by only couple of points.  Our lads had unbelievably ropey first half and to come away with a draw is more than heartening.  They fought for all they were worth in the second half and deserved the draw at the very least.  At the end of normal time the Town were two points clear. Jackie Carson played for the draw without a shadow of a doubt.  But hey.......we'll settle for the draw and see what Championship brings!!

What a load of balls, played for a draw? Hmmm how do you do that? as a referee?

To the referees defence as anticipated......How can you comment as you weren't even there!  You've expressed your views numerous times before and weren't responded to by 'load of balls'.  My opinion......and entitled to it!

Sleeping giant

Load of balls indeed
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

btdtgtt

2 up & 2 down in hurling league. I don't see Rossa gettin any more points minder - they don't travel well and still rely to much on old hands. Ports may escape that's ur oisins biggest threat.
Only issue I have with that is are st galls & sarsfields better than any team there already - time will tell.
I'm happy it looks like two city teams up at least!

Interesting results at the top end in anticipation if championship but - LEAGUE IS LEAGUE AND CHAMPIONSHIP IS CHAMPIONSHIP.
I still think loughgiel will beat Dunloy or cushendall in the final.