Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Beat ballycran by 2 points with a much changed team. Happy enough with that.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

Dunloy 4-23 ballygalget 1-06. Great performance from us the night. Shorty was unmarkable again. Brilliant performance with I think 2-06 to his name.
hurl like f**k boi!

BlackandAmber

Ballycastle 6-16 Portaferry 2-12

Form book is all wrong lol

Ballygalget beat the Town by 9
The Town beat Dunloy by 12
Dunloy beat Ballygalget by 26

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 26, 2013, 09:38:25 PM
Dunloy 4-23 ballygalget 1-06. Great performance from us the night. Shorty was unmarkable again. Brilliant performance with I think 2-06 to his name.

These two games, two days running (AET on Saturday) are taking their toll on our county men, they're getting pretty jaded at the minute.

I think we're meant to be playing Portaferry on Wednesday night as well as the county men having a replay on Saturday, it's time for someone to put a stop to it IMO.

Na Glinntí Glasa

I agree. It isn't fair as you could see ballygalget were down to the bare bones. The reserves needed one of our  players and ended up hammered 6-20 to 0-02. That sort of game helps no one. 
hurl like f**k boi!

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 27, 2013, 08:42:49 AM
I agree. It isn't fair as you could see ballygalget were down to the bare bones. The reserves needed one of our  players and ended up hammered 6-20 to 0-02. That sort of game helps no one.

Much the same as the Loughgiel reserve match.  We had to lend them 2 players.  Tough going for these teams given the recent schedule of the County side.

Must of been a late drive home last night JC?  Throw in at 8pm?

johnneycool

Quote from: north aontroim gael on May 27, 2013, 09:05:35 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 27, 2013, 08:42:49 AM

Much the same as the Loughgiel reserve match.  We had to lend them 2 players.  Tough going for these teams given the recent schedule of the County side.

Must of been a late drive home last night JC?  Throw in at 8pm?

Yeah, It was cement sunday down our way, so I'd suggest the late throw in was at our request.

We've a youngish reserve team with half a dozen out with exams of one sort or other, I even got the call up on Monday night myself along with three other retirees to help us field in a junior game. This time of year is always the same, add in a few injuries and we're screwed.

btdtgtt

I made it up for the 2nd half of the Johnnies game.
St Johns were very busy and too much movement for the Oisins - much better work rate.
Glenarrife are very poor - really carrying alot of players around the pitch.
From what I heard Rossa could have beaten Cushendall - so how the same bunch lost against this Glenarrife team is baffling.
Things dont look good for Lamh Dearg with a heavy defeat against a St Pauls team they would have beaten handily in recent years.

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 27, 2013, 10:09:00 AM
St Johns were very busy and too much movement for the Oisins - much better work rate.
From what I heard Rossa could have beaten Cushendall - so how the same bunch lost against this Glenarrife team is baffling.
Things dont look good for Lamh Dearg with a heavy defeat against a St Pauls team they would have beaten handily in recent years.

You weren't the ref were you ?! He only made it for the second half too, Terry O'Reilly did the first half, more about him later. Yeah we were very poor and you are right about carrying players but we have no choice, we have lost 8 first team players from last season, no team could absorb that. I actually didn't think we would win a game this year and that's being brutally honest, and if we can sneak a win at home we will probably stay up. Can't see Rossa winning more than 3 games. I said last year another few years in Div 2 would be the best thing for us. I don't mind gettin bad beatings against Shamrocks, Loughgiel but St Johns are no better than average, we made them look like Kilkenny yesterday.

One of the St Johns forwards was in on goal yesterday and our man pulled his jersey, O'Reilly blew for a free, the forward scored anyway and he awarded the goal. Must have his own rule book, he also should have sent McFall off in the first half when the game was competitive, pulled a dirty stroke right in front of him, ref saw it and gave him a yellow. Fair enough if he didn't see it but he did and chickened out of making a big decision.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on May 27, 2013, 10:28:41 AM

You weren't the ref were you ?! He only made it for the second half too, Terry O'Reilly did the first half, more about him later. Yeah we were very poor and you are right about carrying players but we have no choice, we have lost 8 first team players from last season, no team could absorb that. I actually didn't think we would win a game this year and that's being brutally honest, and if we can sneak a win at home we will probably stay up. Can't see Rossa winning more than 3 games. I said last year another few years in Div 2 would be the best thing for us. I don't mind gettin bad beatings against Shamrocks, Loughgiel but St Johns are no better than average, we made them look like Kilkenny yesterday.

One of the St Johns forwards was in on goal yesterday and our man pulled his jersey, O'Reilly blew for a free, the forward scored anyway and he awarded the goal. Must have his own rule book, he also should have sent McFall off in the first half when the game was competitive, pulled a dirty stroke right in front of him, ref saw it and gave him a yellow. Fair enough if he didn't see it but he did and chickened out of making a big decision.

The roar of the crowd from the stand in Corrigan has a strange effect on referees Minder, everyone knows that.

Glensman

Is it not two up two down in the leagues this year?

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on May 27, 2013, 10:32:28 AM

The roar of the crowd from the stand in Corrigan has a strange effect on referees Minder, everyone knows that.

Funny enough it was right at the fence beside the grass hill !

north aontroim gael

Lack of interest Minder or down to emigration, work etc?  I thought after your result against Cushendall that you's were making forward strides.

Minder

Quote from: north aontroim gael on May 27, 2013, 10:50:14 AM

Lack of interest Minder or down to emigration, work etc?  I thought after your result against Cushendall that you's were making forward strides.

Emigration is the main reason and a couple of retirements.

btdtgtt

One of the McCallion;s was standing along with me - even thru Johnnies bias they agreed with that.