Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oisinog

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 26, 2012, 02:12:42 PM
Yes all great points lads.

Not only are these fines a nonsense as they move money about Within the one association - but they take the money from the core unit at grassroots where it is needed most - the club.

I can imagine the meeting;
"You had an extra water carrier who nobody other than a guy in a suit in the stand noticed - he did nothing wrong - but we fine you that £100 which you were going to spend on your under12 team"

Sure if a team/club is guilty of a significant infringement then there should be a sanction - but clearly not fines.

What sort of Sanction would you apply?

Anything I think of is quite harsh eg loosing home games for a set period or suspensions to managment team

johnneycool

Quote from: oisinog on October 26, 2012, 02:57:21 PM

Not only are these fines a nonsense as they move money about Within the one association - but they take the money from the core unit at grassroots where it is needed most - the club.

"You had an extra water carrier who nobody other than a guy in a suit in the stand noticed - he did nothing wrong - but we fine you that £100 which you were going to spend on your under12 team"

Sure if a team/club is guilty of a significant infringement then there should be a sanction - but clearly not fines.

Anything I think of is quite harsh eg loosing home games for a set period or suspensions to managment team

I think you have to draw a distinction between what are really petty infringements such as too many water/hurley carriers on one side of the pitch, socks down during the parade, and the likes and other infringements impacting on the game such as management's abusing officials, blocking the view of linesmen, entering the field of play and the likes.

County boards are struggling for funds and they see the clubs as a cash cow in some instances even when clubs haven't got the nails to scratch themselves.

Do the competing clubs get a slice off the gates in championship matches in Antrim?

oisinog

Quote from: johnneycool on October 26, 2012, 03:05:22 PM
Quote from: oisinog on October 26, 2012, 02:57:21 PM

I think you have to draw a distinction between what are really petty infringements such as too many water/hurley carriers on one side of the pitch, socks down during the parade, and the likes and other infringements impacting on the game such as management's abusing officials, blocking the view of linesmen, entering the field of play and the likes.

County boards are struggling for funds and they see the clubs as a cash cow in some instances even when clubs haven't got the nails to scratch themselves.

Do the competing clubs get a slice off the gates in championship matches in Antrim?

Dont think so

No Soloing

Thanks to all who gave info on the Co Antrim Post. After a bit of hunting around I got a copy in the Dairy Farm Centre on Stewartstown rd. Alas, after that no pics of the P4 championship. Maybe the paper coming out on Tuesday was too early for it. I will try next week to see if it is in then

There is some amount of GAA in it! I guess it is related to the County Derry Post, which I am more familiar with. It has a lot of GAA coverage as well.

Minder

Quote from: No Soloing on October 26, 2012, 05:59:34 PM
Thanks to all who gave info on the Co Antrim Post. After a bit of hunting around I got a copy in the Dairy Farm Centre on Stewartstown rd. Alas, after that no pics of the P4 championship. Maybe the paper coming out on Tuesday was too early for it. I will try next week to see if it is in then

There is some amount of GAA in it! I guess it is related to the County Derry Post, which I am more familiar with. It has a lot of GAA coverage as well.

They are on Twitter @AntrimPost so they could maybe tell you when they are due to publish the photos.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

btdtgtt

I suppose playing a certain number of games away from
Home depending on severity is the most obvious sanction.
Maybe extend to playin championship at opponents ground if practical.
I know it's difficult but fines not an option for me.

One other thought. If too many men on line is a problem - alert the ref who stops the game intel the rule is complied with. Simple?!

the waffler

probably alot of the fines are imposed by guys that need to justify being on the committee or getin a free pass its a fukin joke

Sleeping giant

Money grabbing cnuts.   >:(
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Haven't spoke about the fines thing yet, but here's the thing, the county give the committie or secretary a list of doe's and don't and what fines will be imposed should the team/mentors break these rules. It's crap but all managers know these well in advance of finals and should they progress in Ulster and All Ireland they are given another list of what is required.

It's down to the manager, if he lets his team go out without warning the lads and they get fined for socks down during the anthem or there are too many subs on the pitch then there shouldn't really be any complaining.

I witnessed these things first hand, the list of things was mental, have it somewhere in the house must dig it out.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the waffler

MR2 i dont think managers would be givin a fuk bout whos socks are up its an amater game ffs a lot o wankers

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the waffler on October 27, 2012, 06:46:56 PM
MR2 i dont think managers would be givin a fuk bout whos socks are up its an amater game ffs a lot o w**kers

Yeah, no doubt that whoever thought these things up is a toss pot, but it's not like nobody knows and act surprised when the fines come in.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

That's the folly of the whole thing - who in gods name decided players have to pull their socks up and why?!
It's nearly funny!
I know what u mean mr2 but if faceless officials cannot simply diktats such as this and expect everyone to fall into line - resist an unjust law and all that!
Good god the gaa actually makes socks up/down into an issue!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 27, 2012, 08:22:29 PM
That's the folly of the whole thing - who in gods name decided players have to pull their socks up and why?!
It's nearly funny!
I know what u mean mr2 but if faceless officials cannot simply diktats such as this and expect everyone to fall into line - resist an unjust law and all that!
Good god the gaa actually makes socks up/down into an issue!

They want finals at county grounds to replicate the All Ireland finals. Madness in the extreme but everyone knows the rules.

Might head to Casement tomorrow, will the Ports  make a game of it? Cloughmills should win handy also I'd say

btdtgtt

It's madness for all Ireland finals too no matter what the level - socks?! Schoolboy stuff not senior hurling.

Have to say I think and hope loughgiel will win with a bit to spare. I wouldn't go watch portaferry in February but loughgiel would be an excuse for a day out.

btdtgtt

I would like to think players going into big games have their kinda focused 100% on the games rather than paying heed to how their socks look for the suits in the stand.

I believe the footballers change socks as the grip the inside of the boots better! Common in soccer!