Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizzy15

BTW still to early a member to know how to attach yhe previous texts. fs

btdtgtt

Click the quote button if thats what u mean.

Agree on Brian close - he never made it at the soccer either.
We can all rhyme of could've beens but his two brothers actually did it.

Gizzy15

a lot of players can spring to mind, but i the company of one of his brothers he did com back and say it. and has never came home since. As a player that helped serve his ability i think the rossa are better off.....

Gizzy15

Hardstation, we were all world beaters on the shaws road, its about bringing that onto the Country wide stage. Problem still exists that bar Loughiel,, no other club seems to break any delph

Gizzy15

Quote from: hardstation on September 22, 2012, 01:13:30 AM
Not having that. Had he not been presented with the chance to play football for money his attitude towards GAA would have been different. He was far and away the best hurler in the county at his age up until he went. Remember Winker, Johnney Campbell etc were all in his age group.

I was in that age group, did he ever represent hid county before this, Answer is no. He didnt give a Fcuk about the game, trust me If he wanted to he would have.

Gizzy15

Minor football final v Rasharkin, got sent off and said fairwell, im away 2 boro as he got sent off, he was so lethargic  you wouldnt believe, i was there. so dont give me any excuses

Gizzy15

Quote from: hardstation on September 22, 2012, 01:41:28 AM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 22, 2012, 01:36:27 AM
Minor football final v Rasharkin, got sent off and said fairwell, im away 2 boro as he got sent off, he was so lethargic  you wouldnt believe, i was there. so dont give me any excuses
Excuses? Nobody has offered excuses.

He also belted in 7 goals in the county minor hurling final before he said 'fairwell' (sic).

Ok Wish i was there

btdtgtt

Would u care to elaborate on how he made it at soccer hardstation? He went to boro and after checking the press for him I asked how he was getting on - never kicked a ball and ended up in Darlington!
To be honest u prove my point for me by comparing him to the "sub" Liam Watson. Winker is a hero in his club for the rest of his life - is Brian close? I dare say many in ur club don't know who he is!
And better still - winker has probably had a better soccer career too! Says it all.
His school mates talk of a talent wasted in soccer and as things stand he could and maybe would have ended up little more than another talent wasted in GAA.
It's all hypothetical but his "career" counts for nothing in reality.
We would be better putting stock in the lads who who actually contributed to clubs rather than the missed opportunities - every club has them. They are worthless - literally worthless.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 22, 2012, 09:38:01 AM
Would u care to elaborate on how he made it at soccer hardstation? He went to boro and after checking the press for him I asked how he was getting on - never kicked a ball and ended up in Darlington!
His school mates talk of a talent wasted in soccer and as things stand he could and maybe would have ended up little more than another talent wasted in GAA.
It's all hypothetical but his "career" counts for nothing in reality.
We would be better putting stock in the lads who who actually contributed to clubs rather than the missed opportunities - every club has them. They are worthless - literally worthless.

Christ lets not shoot some fella for not sticking with his club. Countless other lads who have been amazing underage and gave up afterwards, not the first and not the last. Move on

Now who'll win today? would have liked to have watched todays finals but off to watch the boxing tonight. Kepp the thread posted lads
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

True MR2 but I think galls also have a few "could have beens" spoke about more highly than the boys who actually pulled the jersey on.
Don't u be stepping inside the ring now!

north aontroim gael

Quote from: hardstation on September 22, 2012, 01:41:28 AM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 22, 2012, 01:36:27 AM
Excuses? Nobody has offered excuses.

He also belted in 7 goals in the county minor hurling final before he said 'fairwell' (sic).

Think he scored 7-7 in total with Liam Watson scoring 4 or 5 goals for Loughgiel.  They beat a good team of ours handy enough in that final.  Gavin Bell was hurling as well and was great minor hurler.

If I remember right there was a fair old row between the two teams as well, think the year was 1999.

Funny how things worked out.  that Rossa team was one of the best minor teams I remember but they only got one senior out of it.

Loughgiel won the minor in 2000 and 2002 and those players were the ones who went on to win 5 out of 6 U21s and ultimately the AI last year.

Sleeping giant

Back in the day :D.  Wouldn't be like bell!  Ha
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Any update in the biddies/St Paul game?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

the colonel

Junior Final was a draw. Cloughmills pipped St Paul's by a point
the difference between success and failure is energy

Seamroga in exile

Congrats to Cloughmills.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"